I never thought I'd never see the day

My father a more or less lifelong Democrat voted in the PA primary on Tuesday. I say "more or less" because during primaries when the incumbant for President/Senate/Gov was a Democrat he would switch to Republican to vote in their primary, then switch back to Democrat for the November general election

Tho a Democrat, he is not the stereotypical moveon.org/molson_golden/blzrul style Democrat. He's pretty much a stereotypical Reagan Democrat. He's a retired former police officer, union member (FOP), gun owner, white, middle class, etc.

He first voted in a Presidential election in 1964 when he cast his vote for Barry Goldwater. From '64 to 2000 he had never voted for a Democrat for President. John Kerry in 2004 was the first Democrat he voted for President, tho he didn't really vote for Kerry so much as against Bush (I tried explaining the whole "more than 2 party" thing to him, but he didn't want to "throw away his vote")

I asked my father, in way shape or form a fan of Hillary Clinton the last 16 years, who he would vote for on Sunday. He had not made up his mind at that time.

I emailed him a couple times asking who he voted for. He wouldn't admit exactly who he voted for, just "The paper said whites and elderly voted for Hillary and since I am both ,guess"

Guess. Hmm... he's bitterly clinging to his guns, too?

<_<

Too bad he doesn't have a way cool Pastor like the right irreverent and repugnant Jeremiah Wright.

I can't believe how many people haven't seen the movie of great change - Putney Swope.

It should be required viewing for this election.

My father a more or less lifelong Democrat voted in the PA primary on Tuesday. I say "more or less" because during primaries when the incumbant for President/Senate/Gov was a Democrat he would switch to Republican to vote in their primary, then switch back to Democrat for the November general election

Tho a Democrat, he is not the stereotypical moveon.org/molson_golden/blzrul style Democrat. He's pretty much a stereotypical Reagan Democrat. He's a retired former police officer, union member (FOP), gun owner, white, middle class, etc.

He first voted in a Presidential election in 1964 when he cast his vote for Barry Goldwater. From '64 to 2000 he had never voted for a Democrat for President. John Kerry in 2004 was the first Democrat he voted for President, tho he didn't really vote for Kerry so much as against Bush (I tried explaining the whole "more than 2 party" thing to him, but he didn't want to "throw away his vote")

I asked my father, in way shape or form a fan of Hillary Clinton the last 16 years, who he would vote for on Sunday. He had not made up his mind at that time.

I emailed him a couple times asking who he voted for. He wouldn't admit exactly who he voted for, just "The paper said whites and elderly voted for Hillary and since I am both ,guess"

He's a lifelong Democrat that's voted Republican for the last 30 years? Huh?

He's a lifelong Democrat that's voted Republican for the last 30 years? Huh?

So, Kerry ran for President 30 years ago? Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits is it? Nevermind, I know the answer to that one.

Did you read what he wrote? It seems to me that his Dad is a more traditional Democrat who comes from a union background and whose values are different from the extreme leftist positions your 'party' has taken over the last, um, few years...

It also appears to me that he isn't taken with what the Republicans have to offer either (Bush).

Is that so difficult to understand?

So, Kerry ran for President 30 years ago? Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits is it? Nevermind, I know the answer to that one.

Did you read what he wrote? It seems to me that his Dad is a more traditional Democrat who comes from a union background and whose values are different from the extreme leftist positions your 'party' has taken over the last, um, few years...

It also appears to me that he isn't taken with what the Republicans have to offer either (Bush).

If you don't vote Democrat from 1960 to 1994, I'd have a hard time calling you a Democrat

Do you know what you're talking about at all? The extreme leftist views? Like?