NYPD Detectives Acquitted

KD in CA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy... I'm not saying who was right or wrong but a child lost their (unarmed) father. Don't be a douche.

Living in the NY area, I am constantly bombarded with the description of the victim "Sean Bell, groom to be", or the circumstances as "hours before he was to be wed" or "on his wedding day", each and every media outlet in NY and Long Island always describe him or the timing as such. Does anyone know what his occupation was? I have yet to hear what the guy did for a living, apparently he was going to get married (well documented) but that's about it. Not trying to be a douche, but I am reflecting what the papers have been reporting for the last year and what they will will be screaming in the next few days.

Living in the NY area, I am constantly bombarded with the description of the victim "Sean Bell, groom to be", or the circumstances as "hours before he was to be wed" or "on his wedding day", each and every media outlet in NY and Long Island always describe him or the timing as such. Does anyone know what his occupation was? I have yet to hear what the guy did for a living, apparently he was going to get married (well documented) but that's about it. Not trying to be a douche, but I am reflecting what the papers have been reporting for the last year and what they will will be screaming in the next few days.

I have to agree with Guf on this. The media depictions of this "groom to be" could have been taken from a Tom Wolfe novel.

Acknowledging the fact that most crimes against blacks are committed by other blacks, what does Sharpton's message say to blacks who may consider joining law enforcement to help serve & protect their community?

Acknowledging the fact that most crimes against blacks are committed by other blacks, what does Sharpton's message say to blacks who may consider joining law enforcement to help serve & protect their community?

That black cops should only shoot white people?

I am not taking sides here. Just talking to an AA co-worker, he can't he remember the count how many times he was stopped and the weapon has come out first... Just saying.

Me never... Well once and I was let on my way immediately when he saw me.

Just saying that the mistrust is there... Too much bad blood between some people and cops (notice I said the word COPS and SOME people)...

FACT: Bell was unarmed. FACT: None of his companions were armed. FACT: The cops shot fifty times. One of these days, they're going to actually discover what the high-end ... the "shots limit", so to speak ... for cops shooting unarmed people is. Right now, all we know is that it ain't fifty ... I'm seeing a lot of "the cops were right" and "justice was served" posts here and elsewhere. I wonder if any of those idiots could look Bell's family in the eye and say that.

Just talking to a guy I know and he is telliing me a story years back how he got stopped for running his low beam lights on the inside configuration and having his high beams plugged (actually unplugged) in on the outside configuration... Remember when cars had individual sealed beams?

Think of all the people that saw this crazy confrontation? (I can go into if you want) Cop was shouting racial expletives, etc... etc.. Think how that bad PR bleeds through the community witnessing it...

:unsure::beer:

I am not taking sides here. Just talking to an AA co-worker, he can't he remember the count how many times he was stopped and the weapon has come out first... Just saying.

Me never... Well once and I was let on my way immediately when he saw me.

Just saying that the mistrust is there... Too much bad blood between some people and cops (notice I said the word COPS and SOME people)...

Right.

Right.

It was a strange situation when I was profiled back in 1998. My wife was pregnant and I just came home off of afternoons at about 1230 AM... I went out to get Wnedy's... I know, I know... I was driving the old beater (1990 Hyundai Excel) and went to the ATM... I was heading west on Exchange in Crete, IL and a car driviing about 100 miles an hour sped past me east, I continued and made a right turn north on western... I was scruffy from work and unshaven, I look like a terrorist ( :D:D ) when I don't shave... Anyway, I made it into Park Forest and a cop pulled me over for no reason... He walked up and took one look and said that they were just checking drivers out... I said I saw the car heading east on exchange and he left... I brought the Wendy's back to my pregnant wife...

:unsure::beer:

It was a strange situation when I was profiled back in 1998. My wife was pregnant and I just came home off of afternoons at about 1230 AM... I went out to get Wnedy's... I know, I know... I was driving the old beater (1990 Hyundai Excel) and went to the ATM... I was heading west on Exchange in Crete, IL and a car driviing about 100 miles an hour sped past me east, I continued and made a right turn north on western... I was scruffy from work and unshaven, I look like a terrorist ( :D:thumbdown: ) when I don't shave... Anyway, I made it into Park Forest and a cop pulled me over for no reason... He walked up and took one look and said that they were just checking drivers out... I said I saw the car heading east on exchange and he left... I brought the Wendy's back to my pregnant wife...

:beer::D

I already knew you were weird, but now I think you need help. :unsure: