anyone had Lasik?

UB2SF

After twenty years of glasses and contacts, I'm finally getting fed up enough to consider spending the money on Lasik. On Monday of this week, one of the lenses fell out of my prescription sunglasses and bounced under a massive soda machine. On Tuesday, I wore my contacts because I was planning to play hoops after work, but my allergies turned my eyes into sticky red orbs and rendered me almost unable to see out of one eye. On Wednesday, I decided I should explore Lasik.)

I'm wondering who has had Lasik, and why or why not. Also very curious about the experiences of those who have had it, both in terms of the procedure itself and the long-term benefits/problems.

After twenty years of glasses and contacts, I'm finally getting fed up enough to consider spending the money on Lasik. On Monday of this week, one of the lenses fell out of my prescription sunglasses and bounced under a massive soda machine. On Tuesday, I wore my contacts because I was planning to play hoops after work, but my allergies turned my eyes into sticky red orbs and rendered me almost unable to see out of one eye. On Wednesday, I decided I should explore Lasik.)

I'm wondering who has had Lasik, and why or why not. Also very curious about the experiences of those who have had it, both in terms of the procedure itself and the long-term benefits/problems.

Oh boy, here we go. This has been a heated discussion in the past. Let the fun begin...

I know two people that had lasik <5 years ago. Both are quite happy with the results and swear by it.

That's all I know.

If it were me (and it might be someday) I would certainly look into a reputable doctor, and not go with rock bottom prices.

Go to a Lasik open house of a reputable surgeon and make your decision. Google this too, lots of sites out there with information to help you

I'm out on this topic in the interest of not having a stroke

Here's one thread about Lasik. Good Luck

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...85&hl=Lasik

I shoulda known better to start this thread without searching first!

BTW, the doctor I'm considering is one of the premier Lasik guys on the west coast (Dr. Ellis from Ellis Eye). He has multiple offices in the Bay Area but does all the procedures himself. He's done more than 35,000 laser-eye procedures. His reputation is one of the only reasons I'm considering this seriously.

BTW, the doctor I'm considering is one of the premier Lasik guys on the west coast (Dr. Ellis from Ellis Eye). He has multiple offices in the Bay Area but does all the procedures himself. He's done more than 35,000 laser-eye procedures. His reputation is one of the only reasons I'm considering this seriously.

Do it. Pm'd you too

Waiting for SDS's reply. Scooter? :cry:<_<

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=372370 <_<

Lasik-Flap.com

Now, I must say I am all for Lasik, having had it done myself nearly 8 years ago now. So, I say go for it.

Waiting for SDS's reply. Scooter?

Now thats just too funny

No, I haven't... I wear glass. I've tried contacts, but they bug the stojan out of me. Itchy, just feels like I've got a semi-permeable membrane stuck to my eye all day long. Went back to glasses. My vision isn't *that* bad. I can take my glasses off and still see alright. I can't read a street sign all that well or make out the license plate of the car ahead of me, but I'm by no means blind.

Given the state of my vision, it's not worth the risk nor the pain in the ass. If it gets worse, I'd explore it. But.. now? Just not so much worth it.

My wife had it done a few years ago in Niagara Falls. It was uncomfortable to wear contacts, and it was getting to the point where she would need trifocals. She had no complications, but does have to wear generic reading glasses that you can buy at a drugstore for close up. I've thought about it, but I'm worried that I'd be the 5% that have some bad complications. I'd like to keep my eyesight until the Bills or Sabres win a championship.

I'd like to keep my eyesight until the Bills or Sabres win a championship.

I agree. I want to keep my eyesight forever too. I've had glasses since I was six and have thought about lasik but the glasses thing works just fine for me. I have progressives on my regular and sun glasses and reading is crystal clear.