Kansas City possible trade partner with Buffalo?

John Clayton is reporting that the Chiefs and the Bills could swap picks 11 and 17 on draft day. This would give Kansas City the ability to get a top OL if they go DL with their 5th pick.

The Bills would probably get a 3rd rounder and a good chance to get Devin Thomas at 17.

Makes sense to me.

Ger 'er done, Russ!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Limus Sweed at 17 and an extra 3rd. Sounds good to me <_<

I am so confused who is the best WR. Sweed has the best work ethic. Thomas might be the best. Jackson is the best play maker. Hardy is the tall WR we are looking for. Doucet jumps out in tape, even last year-over KC's Bowe. I am very confused who we are drafting. A trade down makes way too much sense

I am so confused who is the best WR. Sweed has the best work ethic. Thomas might be the best. Jackson is the best play maker. Hardy is the tall WR we are looking for. Doucet jumps out in tape, even last year-over KC's Bowe. I am very confused who we are drafting. A trade down makes way too much sense

That's part of the reason I have him as my number one. Good work ethic, strong, tall, fast, good hands, and TOUGH. That wrist injury everone keeps talking about... He played through the pain and didn't have the surgery to fix it until AFTER the season was over. My kind of player. Plus, he would have been slotted to go in the 10-15 range if it weren't for the wrist injury. <_<

Thomas might be the most talented, but it's a risk to take a one year wonder. (I wouldn't complain about picking him though)

Jackson would be a good pick if we didn't already have Roscoe. Although there are reports coming out now that he doesn't have a good work ethic (doesn't like the weight room)

As far as Hardy is concerned, I love the player, not sure about the hitting his GF/son thing. Some people say that he is past it, but I would wait until round 2.

Doucet is a WR with good production, OK speed, about 6 foot tall, from LSU. Remind you of anyone? Yup Josh reed all over again. (they are eerily similar)

John Clayton is reporting that the Chiefs and the Bills could swap picks 11 and 17 on draft day. This would give Kansas City the ability to get a top OL if they go DL with their 5th pick.

The Bills would probably get a 3rd rounder and a good chance to get Devin Thomas at 17.

Makes sense to me.

Ger 'er done, Russ!!!

I would take this trade

In 2001, the Bills traded down from 14 to 21 (7 spots), and picked up a 2nd round pick.

Why does anybody think that trading down 8 spots from #11 and picking up a mere 3rd round pick in a draft that is said to be weak is a good thing?

you forgot to mention that the Bucs drafted the top OL (Walker - who ended up being a bust).

The Bills selected Clements at 21 and then Henry with the #2.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...%3dclayton_john

Trading places: Expect the Chiefs to actively shop for a trade that could put them into the top 12 of the draft in order to get one of the top offensive linemen. One possible trade partner could be the Buffalo Bills. With the 11th pick, the Bills are looking at wide receiver Devin Thomas and one of the three top small-college cornerbacks. By moving back, the Bills could maybe pick up a third-round pick and still have a choice of one cornerback and possibly Thomas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

300 point difference between 11 and 17.. KC would have to sweeten the pot a little...

you forgot to mention that the Bucs drafted the top OL (Walker - who ended up being a bust).

The Bills selected Clements at 21 and then Henry with the #2.

They also passed on Hutchinson, possibly the best OG in the NFL and a possible HOF candidate. He was my top choice that year.

In 2001, the Bills traded down from 14 to 21 (7 spots), and picked up a 2nd round pick.

Why does anybody think that trading down 8 spots from #11 and picking up a mere 3rd round pick in a draft that is said to be weak is a good thing?

because more marginal players are better -

especially if they are tall!!

How about our first rounder AND JP Losman for the Chiefs 1st and both thirds?

Lets face it, the Chiefs need some QB help...its not like Croyle showed flashes of dominance (or competence) during his brief playing time so far. Why not give JP a fresh start in an environment where he can win the starting job? Seems like a win-win.

In a nutshell, you just nailed the beauty and horror of the draft.

Makes sense to me.

Ger 'er done, Russ!!!

How does that work out on the ol' trade value chart? A 3rd (albeit a high 3rd) doesn't sound like enough to me.

PTR

The worst thing about Buffalo trading down is that it means another 70 minutes (at least) sitting in front of the boob tube waiting for us to make a pick....uggg.

I'm gonna be smokin me a nice pork shoulder on Sunday. I have plenty of time...Carolina pulled pork...good eats for draft day.

How does that work out on the ol' trade value chart? A 3rd (albeit a high 3rd) doesn't sound like enough to me.

PTR

I just looked it up:

#11 pick = 1,250

#17 pick = 950

#66 pick = 260

That's 40 points short on value. KC also has the 105th pick (84pts) 136th pick (38pts) and the 140th (36pts). They need to add one of those to the deal.

Draft value chart

Did you know KC has 13 picks now?

PTR