Walsh deal in place - time to spill the beans on the Pats

d_wag

great timing for the pats - of course..........guess their 2008 picks are safe

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3363455

Former New England Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh, who has told ESPN.com he has potentially damaging information about the team's taping practices, reached an agreement Wednesday to meet with league officials and turn over any video tapes he might have to support his allegations.

Walsh, employed by the Patriots from 1996 through the 2002 Super Bowl and now an assistant golf pro in Hawaii, is expected to travel to New York and interview with Commissioner Roger Goodell and other NFL officials on Tuesday, May 13. Before the long-anticipated meeting, the agreement calls for Walsh to provide the league any tapes or materials he possesses from his years with the Patriots.

I'd be surprised if we hear anything other than "we met with Mr. Walsh and reviewed the materials and found no new evidence, so we consider this matter closed" from Goodell and the rest of Kraft's cronies.

Former New England Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh, who has told ESPN.com he has potentially damaging information about the team's taping practices, reached an agreement Wednesday to meet with league officials and turn over any video tapes he might have to support his allegations.

Walsh, employed by the Patriots from 1996 through the 2002 Super Bowl and now an assistant golf pro in Hawaii, is expected to travel to New York and interview with Commissioner Roger Goodell and other NFL officials on Tuesday, May 13. Before the long-anticipated meeting, the agreement calls for Walsh to provide the league any tapes or materials he possesses from his years with the Patriots.

Well, maybe their 2008 draft is safe from further penalty at this point but maybe it's time to invoke the NCAA practice of bans from the post season. That would be a real kick, eh? Never happen, but one can dream can't they?

I'd be surprised if we hear anything other than "we met with Mr. Walsh and reviewed the materials and found no new evidence, so we consider this matter closed" from Goodell and the rest of Kraft's cronies.

You forgot "and we destroyed all the evidence." as well as "SUCK IT Arlen!!!"

WALSH GETS ONGOING ACCESS TO HIS MATERIALS

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2008, 1:27 p.m.

One of the first things we noticed (and, after reading the language seven times, began to understand) regarding the Matt Walsh agreement is that, after Walsh surrenders to the league whatever tangible evidence that he has in his possession, he’ll still have access to it.

Under paragraph 1(b) of the agreement, Walsh’s lawyer may keep one copy of each “document” that is given to the league. Also, Walsh and his lawyer have the ability to inpect on request any “tangible property” that is surrendered to the NFL.

In other words, the suspicion held by some that the league will harvest Walsh’s documents and/or videotapes and/or any other hard evidence only to destroy the materials is erroneous. Walsh will be able to keep a copy of certain things, and he will be able to retrieve and inspect certain other things that he turns over.

That’s all for this entry. I’ve already got a headache from trying to figure out the agreement. And I’m only in paragraph 1.

i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone think paul tagliabue(?) bailed because he knew something like this was going on, and wanted to avoid any tough decisions? i mean, look at what goodell has had to deal with since coming into office (thugs, spygate, vick, etc.). i wouldn't wish this on anyone.

You'll hear a shredder in the background, and you'll hear Goodell and Krafty Bob high-fiving behind a curtain.

I, for one, believe the Patriots should be allowed to keep any and all awards, accolades, and records regardless of what's found in the Walsh investigation.

I don't want ANYTHING to interfere with their record of "Biggest Choke-Job Ever In THE MOST Important Game Of Their Careers". ;)

I, for one, believe the Patriots should be allowed to keep any and all awards, accolades, and records regardless of what's found in the Walsh investigation.

I don't want ANYTHING to interfere with their record of "Biggest Choke-Job Ever In THE MOST Important Game Of Their Careers". :D

Tough to argue with any of that.

I agree with you, the league would like this to go away. I think however if they are not OPEN & FORTHRIGHT it will be more damaging to the LEAGUES reputation than anything Walsh has. If he has something & it comes out, it only hurts the Pats* not the entire league.

i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone think paul tagliabue(?) bailed because he knew something like this was going on, and wanted to avoid any tough decisions? i mean, look at what goodell has had to deal with since coming into office (thugs, spygate, vick, etc.). i wouldn't wish this on anyone.

My sense is that all parties (NFL. NFLPA, and individuals) wanted everything put off until after the new CBA was agreed to.

Most did want to complicate already difficult negotiation with another high profile issue. Others hope that the new CBA would create new allies and eliminate old kneejerk opposition to whatever came down. Others saw no need to clean house if the house was going to collapse anyway if no new CBA was agreed to.

Whatever reasons folks had for putting things off simply resulted in a logjam of unfinished business. In addition, the agreement of to a CBA was a natural highpoint in Tagliabue's career, regardless of whatever happened no achievement was going to equal pulling off this agreement.

:D

WALSH GETS ONGOING ACCESS TO HIS MATERIALS

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2008, 1:27 p.m.

One of the first things we noticed (and, after reading the language seven times, began to understand) regarding the Matt Walsh agreement is that, after Walsh surrenders to the league whatever tangible evidence that he has in his possession, he’ll still have access to it.

Under paragraph 1(b) of the agreement, Walsh’s lawyer may keep one copy of each “document” that is given to the league. Also, Walsh and his lawyer have the ability to inpect on request any “tangible property” that is surrendered to the NFL.

In other words, the suspicion held by some that the league will harvest Walsh’s documents and/or videotapes and/or any other hard evidence only to destroy the materials is erroneous. Walsh will be able to keep a copy of certain things, and he will be able to retrieve and inspect certain other things that he turns over.

That’s all for this entry. I’ve already got a headache from trying to figure out the agreement. And I’m only in paragraph 1.

Good catch, I missed that when I skimmed the article earlier.

I agree with you, the league would like this to go away. I think however if they are not OPEN & FORTHRIGHT it will be more damaging to the LEAGUES reputation than anything Walsh has. If he has something & it comes out, it only hurts the Pats* not the entire league.

I don't know that they've done anything in this whole process that shows any regard for their reputation or image.

What if he spills the beans within the next 3 days and Goodell takes away their other 1st pick.

What if he spills the beans within the next 3 days and Goodell takes away their other 1st pick.

I have a great idea for punishment for the Pats*. How about they have to surrender one player from their team to each of the teams in their division, of said teams choice & continue to pay that player for the duration of his contract.

I have a great idea for punishment for the Pats*. How about they have to surrender one player from their team to each of the teams in their division, of said teams choice & continue to pay that player for the duration of his contract.

Sounds good. I would sure like to have Kyle Brady on the Bills.