Crazy Things

My brother has done it a few times. On Purpose. The airlines were more than happy to make sure he got home safe after he's extended his vacations in different parts of the country. :thumbsup:

:D

Now that is clever. The one part of that article that made me laugh was the old guy who flew to HI by mistake (or was that a relative of yours?) and decided to stay until his kids filed a missing persons report.

My grandfather died on Christmas day when I was a child. The only possession I got from him (because I asked) was a small grandfather clock that would ring on the hour. It stayed at my moms house until about 2002 when we had to put my mom in a nursing home so the clock came back to me. Unfortunately it no longer worked. You could wind it up but it would simply start ringing continually until the spring was unwound. We just left it on the mantle because I liked the way it looked. On Christmas in 2005 around noon we were hanging out in the living room and the kids were playing around with their gifts when the clock started ringing. It rang for a good 10 minutes 40 years to the day from my grandfathers death. Nobody had touched it in years.

I will swear on any stack of bibles, family member lives, or even a Bills logo that this is the absolute truth.

My grandfather died on Christmas day when I was a child. The only possession I got from him (because I asked) was a small grandfather clock that would ring on the hour. It stayed at my moms house until about 2002 when we had to put my mom in a nursing home so the clock came back to me. Unfortunately it no longer worked. You could wind it up but it would simply start ringing continually until the spring was unwound. We just left it on the mantle because I liked the way it looked. On Christmas in 2005 around noon we were hanging out in the living room and the kids were playing around with their gifts when the clock started ringing. It rang for a good 10 minutes 40 years to the day from my grandfathers death. Nobody had touched it in years.

I will swear on any stack of bibles, family member lives, or even a Bills logo that this is the absolute truth.

Now thats just plain POOKY!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Now thats just plain POOKY!!!!!! :thumbsup:

A little addendum. On my fathers side of the family the first born son always takes his fathers full name. We have been doing this for at least seven generations at which point the trail back in Great Britain gets a little murky. As a result my name is the same as my grandfather's as is my first son's name (as well as my deceased father's)

Once again I will reiterate that this is absolutely true with no exaggeration or embellishment. There was not even any alcohol involved either.

That's a really cool story Phil. Kinda creepy, but since it is family it almost makes it somewhat "comforting" I guess.

How f'ing stupid do you have to be to not be able to recognize the difference between landing at La Guardia and Syracuse? She didn't know she wasn't in NYC until a cab driver told her?? :lol:

Just when I think people can't possibly be any dumber, I read a stat like that. A thousand people EVERY DAY?? WTF??

Wow. Talk about a night and day landing. When one flies into La Guardia, one gets a pretty damn good view of Manhattan on approach.

I've only driven *through* NYC a few times, though I've been there quite a bit. The last time I drove through has to be about 7 years ago now. It happened to be on the 4th of July, during a scheduled brown out. I wasn't expecting that. I drove over the GW bridge after letting the man in the toll both rape me, and because of the weather and whatnot, it looked as though Manhattan just wasn't there. Sure, you could see a few buildings and a couple outlines, but it was very creepy. Because of the power outages, the cross Bronx expressway was almost empty. It felt like I was in some strange post-apocalyptic movie. Not the strangest thing that's ever happened to me, but fits in with the story.

Very odd feeling. My wife was with me and I remember saying to her, "Where the hell is NY?" We ended up driving right on up into CT a bit and giving up... spent the night at some Red Roof or something. Went back the next morning and New York had come back from wherever it was it was hiding. The clerk at that hotel actually let us stay for free -- some line about us being a young couple and needing the money, so this one was on him.

I took nothing but comfort from it. Although I was very young all of my memories of him were great and he was very respected and liked by all.

Understandable. My son had a similar experience with my grandfather who had passed away before my son was born... I took some comfort in that as well.

Wow. Talk about a night and day landing. When one flies into La Guardia, one gets a pretty damn good view of Manhattan on approach.

I've only driven *through* NYC a few times, though I've been there quite a bit. The last time I drove through has to be about 7 years ago now. It happened to be on the 4th of July, during a scheduled brown out. I wasn't expecting that. I drove over the GW bridge after letting the man in the toll both rape me, and because of the weather and whatnot, it looked as though Manhattan just wasn't there. Sure, you could see a few buildings and a couple outlines, but it was very creepy. Because of the power outages, the cross Bronx expressway was almost empty. It felt like I was in some strange post-apocalyptic movie. Not the strangest thing that's ever happened to me, but fits in with the story.

Very odd feeling. My wife was with me and I remember saying to her, "Where the hell is NY?" We ended up driving right on up into CT a bit and giving up... spent the night at some Red Roof or something. Went back the next morning and New York had come back from wherever it was it was hiding. The clerk at that hotel actually let us stay for free -- some line about us being a young couple and needing the money, so this one was on him.

You should have lived there in the early 70's. It was a post-apocalyptic movie.

...and I still didn't pick up on it when my seat was 32d and there were only 26 rows....

Coming back from China, I was given a seat in row 16. Get on the plane, there was no row 16. It went from 15 to 18. Where 16 and 17 would be there was a galley. Turns out Air China had changed to a different plane, but did not update everyones ticket. I ended up in the very last row, in the only seat available. Luckily it was an aisle, and not middle seat.

So is your name Brad? By chance is your wife's name Janet?

So is your name Brad? By chance is your wife's name Janet?

You know, I had to Google 'Brad and Janet NYC' before I knew what you were talking about. Rocky Horror? Even if I had known that, I don't think I'd be able to admit it. You know, that's a musical, and you're a guy, right? Oil and water my friend, oil and water...

:lol:

(But now that you mention it, that is kind of similar....)

You know, I had to Google 'Brad and Janet NYC' before I knew what you were talking about. Rocky Horror? Even if I had known that, I don't think I'd be able to admit it. You know, that's a musical, and you're a guy, right? Oil and water my friend, oil and water...

:devil:

(But now that you mention it, that is kind of similar....)

So guys can't dig musicals? :lol: