Bobby Shaw signs

nodnarb

Will either of you even consider the part (even if not the whole reason) that missed hot reads played into this decision?  It's right there on tape. I feel like a broken record.

71307[/snapback]

if that was a valid criteria to cut a player with obvious value to other teams, then:

1. Bledsoe would have been cut due to not seeing the field, taking bad sacks at the worst times, not getting rid of the ball, not throwing it away, not shuffling to create more space for himself, missing the route adjustment with moulds, fumbling the ball to give a game away, and any other number of offenses that qood quarterbacks don't make.

2. Mike Williams would have been cut due to his being shredded by LBs in Oakland.

3. Jonas Jennings would have been cut due to his being shredded by Abraham in NY

4. Reed would have been cut for continuing to produce nothing

5. Travis Henry would have been cut for missing holes, tripping, and missing blocks

6. Takeo SPikes would have been cut for missing two key tackles in the Jets' final winning drive.

7. McGee would have been cut for getting picked on and not making a play all day.

It goes on and on...Shaw has more production through 4 games than Reed, and has had about 1/3 the opportunities.

These arguments are baseless.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if that was a valid criteria to cut a player with obvious value to other teams, then:

1. Bledsoe would have been cut due to not seeing the field, taking bad sacks at the worst times, not getting rid of the ball, not throwing it away, not shuffling to create more space for himself, missing the route adjustment with moulds, fumbling the ball to give a game away, and any other number of offenses that qood quarterbacks don't make.

2. Mike Williams would have been cut due to his being shredded by LBs in Oakland.

71358[/snapback]

That would have made me very happy indeed.

You can keep a player on your roster, but you can't make him play. Shaw may very well play like an all-pro in New England becuase he wants a ring. But what was the point of keeping him on the Bills if he was going to dog it, other than to keep another team from signing him? Did the Bills make a mistake cutting Antowain Smith? He played great in NE but like stevestojan in Buffalo! Like I said, you can't make a player play for you. He's got to want to. I would rather have players who want to be in Buffalo.

PTR

3. Jonas Jennings would have been cut due to his being shredded by Abraham in NY

4. Reed would have been cut for continuing to produce nothing

5. Travis Henry would have been cut for missing holes, tripping, and missing blocks

6. Takeo SPikes would have been cut for missing two key tackles in the Jets' final winning drive.

7. McGee would have been cut for getting picked on and not making a play all day.

It goes on and on...Shaw has more production through 4 games than Reed, and has had about 1/3 the opportunities.

These arguments are baseless.

71358[/snapback]

The problem is that was not my argument. Shaw has a HISTORY, not one game, a HISTORY. My EXAMPLE was the jets game because that's fresh in people's minds, but it occured multiple times last season, and I would assume it has carried over in practice as well. There was also mention last season of Shaw running "poor routes" which could include "poor" reads.

i hope stevestojan doesn't see your typo.

he might have something to say about your grammer.

71510[/snapback]

I don't even know if that's a real word and am too lazy to look it up. Took a shot.

Apologies in advance to people who perform such duties. FWIW, I tip very well when deserved.

I don't even know if that's a real word and am too lazy to look it up.  Took a shot. 

Apologies in advance to people who perform such duties. FWIW, I tip very well when deserved.

71515[/snapback]

Is this some oblique slam at waitstaff? Who spend many tireless hours on their feet everyday making sure people like you get extra icecream on their pie?

How elitist.