Midwest quake felt far and wide

EC-Bills

linky

Felt this one early this morning in Central Illinois. Pretty interesting as I have never experienced one before (I have been through tornados and hurricanes). I was laying awake in bed when I heard a train go by and then things started shaking. My first thought was that was unusual as I have never experienced a train cause that kind rattling. Then I twigged into that it wasn't the train. Also, according to this article, the quake was felt as far away as Niceville, FL which is where I grew up and my folks still live. They slept through it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linky

Felt this one early this morning in Central Illinois. Pretty interesting as I have never experienced one before (I have been through tornados and hurricanes). I was laying awake in bed when I heard a train go by and then things started shaking. My first thought was that was unusual as I have never experienced a train cause that kind rattling. Then I twigged into that it wasn't the train. Also, according to this article, the quake was felt as far away as Niceville, FL which is where I grew up and my folks still live. They slept through it.

Who cares

It woke me up this morning at my apartment (Cincinnati) at around 5:30am...bed was shaking and the dresser in my roommate's room next to mine was bumping into the wall.

From the local news, we're ~180 miles from the epicenter, and it was still VERY noticeable. Can't imagine how those people in So-Cal deal with this sh-- on a regular basis.

Really freaky...definitely never experienced anything like that before, especially waking up to it.

linky

Only question I have is - wtf were you doing up at 4:30 in the morning ? I did not feel it in my deep slumber. A guy in my office was up and having cereal at that ungodly hour.

Only question I have is - wtf were you doing up at 4:30 in the morning ? I did not feel it in my deep slumber. A guy in my office was up and having cereal at that ungodly hour.

I wasn't sleeping well and thus waking up at various points. Happens when I have too much going on in my brain.