Heard on Sirius radio that JP

On the "2:00 Drill" they reported this. Who knows if it's true, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

I do hope that it's true though. It would only help Edwards' drive and confidence to actually win the starters job after he failed so badly at the end of last season.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the purging of everything Donahoe related I at least hope they give this kid a chance to fight for the job. I am neither a JP or TE guy, I want the guy who wins the spot and puts up points I could care less if they put George Wilson back there.

QB competition should bring out the best in the QBs.

It's still Edwards' job to lose.

I used to think that but now I think that the competition just makes the QB's paranoid and unable to concentrate on being a leader. How many times since Kelly have we had guys fighting for the QB spot and yet it hasn't done squat for any of them.

Couldn't agree more.

Anyone who thinks that QB competition in our situation is a bad thing is just not being objective.

Now I agree completely that if there is a solitified starter we don't have this discussion; I mean Tom Brady and Peyton Manning don't need to be told they have to beat out Matt Cassel or whoever may be occupying the two spot.

We do not have that though. If you really believe that Trent won the starter job last year than you truly have sad expectations. Trent did what he did in college, like it or not. He threw a lot of picks and got hurt. Now I'm not saying that he didn't do some things that were impressive for a rookie; he did. But c'mon, you people who accuse JP "apologists" of being so incredibly rediculous need to look in the mirror from time to time.

I used to think that but now I think that the competition just makes the QB's paranoid and unable to concentrate on being a leader. How many times since Kelly have we had guys fighting for the QB spot and yet it hasn't done squat for any of them.

If they can't handle it, they never were leaders anyways. I have seen enough out of both to get excited regardless of who ends up starting.

there's a difference between having an opportunity to win the job and there being kind of an "open competition" for the starting job - Edwards is the starter, if JP lights it up and Edwards is struggling, then JP gets his shot. The alternative doesn't make any sense.

there's a difference between having an opportunity to win the job and there being kind of an "open competition" for the starting job - Edwards is the starter, if JP lights it up and Edwards is struggling, then JP gets his shot. The alternative doesn't make any sense.

I see it as letting him know the door is open enough to where if he gives them some jaw dropping play and Edwards looks like he's playing at a substancially lower level then Losman would in fact be named the starter. Is that scenario possible? Sure it is. Is it probable? Not so much. This gives drive to both our QBs to either "get er done" or get out of the way and let the back up give it a go. This Bills team is about winning and getting to the playoffs, it's not about living through anymore growing pains. You can bet that Dick Jauron knows that if he doesn't deliver the goods this years he's probably toast. That's why Losman will remain a Bill, Edwards will either produce or he'll sit the bench and watch Losman start.

I certainly hope the team does not take snaps in camp and the preseason games away from Edwards to keep JP happy.

I don't see that as happening. Losman will have to make a statement with his limited playing time. As for preseason, the backups usually end up getting the bulk of the work with the second teamers in those games. It could actually end up being 50-50 in the end. The Bills will not want to risk Edwards getting injured playing him too much in preseason games.

I don't like it! Every other position on the team can have open competition but not QB.

The players need stability at the QB position. That's what Evans complained about all last year.

Come on coach make a decision, let it be known, and stick with it. I'm tried of all the waffling.

I heard Juron talking to Wilcox about this on the radio one day.The way Juron said it would work would be that the job is Edwards to lose.So Edwards is our starting QB and JP would from what I understand have to be so much better than Edwards that he didn't have any other choice but to name JP the starter.

JP is our back up QB this year but who could argue if he blew Edwards out of the building during pre season to take the job back.If JP looks that good that he can change the mind of Juron than nobody should have a gripe over it.

Edwards is our starting QB and the compition part of the whole thing just means that JP needs to look the second coming of Favre to take the job back.

Just my opinion but that was the way I was to understand what Juron said.

I don't know if it's legit but I wouldn't mind seeing it. A lot of people forget that Edwards is going into his 2nd season and now he's got a new coordinator. Losman will be here for 1 more year. Why not make it a competition and hope that Edwards wins? If Losman comes out on top you can still start Losman with a short leash and bank on Edwards in 2009.