Truth, Justice, and the American Way...

stuckincincy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also annoyed when people use that button that opens doors for the handicapped. That's more of an issue with the general laziness of people though.

I try to avoid those handicap doors altogether. Opening one of those motorized doors by hand can be harder than dragging a dead hooker through New Jersey swampland.

Not that I'd know... :thumbdown:

I love watching you pathetic mopes twist around in your own bull sh--. It's really hysterical from my perspective.

Dude, if you are being serious (and not pulling a Hogboy)....all I can say is that you must live one pretty miserable and pathetic life to be this bitter.

Go out sometimes, have a good friggin time...go out boozing, pick up a girl and watch the sunrise on the beach. There's a lot of fun, good things in life that you are missing being this bitter.

Must admit that bugs me too. Pull open the door ferchrissakes!

And then they wait as the door slowly swings open. You do realize you're actually slowing yourself down by hitting that button, right?

Parents with quadriplegic five year old children are pathetic mopes? If you believe that you truly are a pathetic POS!

:rolleyes:

I think you are missing the point. First of all, a couple of cited incidents in this thread do not imply the posters think 'everything' is their business. Secondly, one can rationalize just about anything and any action of people in this world. But there are some laws which are rooted in humanity and intended to assist those less fortunate than most of us. While I would not call the cops about someone going 10 miles over on an open road, I would not hesitate to draw the cops attention to a guy taking the purse of an elderly lady (no matter how badly the guy needs her money). Thinking that you have a reason for doing something does not imply you are correct or lawful in activities. And the OP did not hand out a ticket, he brought the apparent infraction to the attention of a cop who then made a judgment of right or wrong. If say the guy in the spiffy ride was physically impaired but simply forgot his tag, do you think the cop would have ticketed him ?

I believe there is probably a way for the cop to call into dispatch and confirm whether or not a car is designated handicapped or not. Just like calling in to verify whether a car is stolen or not.

Rectal cancer might be appropriate.

He is a pain in the ass. :thumbdown:

I try to avoid those handicap doors altogether. Opening one of those motorized doors by hand can be harder than dragging a dead hooker through New Jersey swampland.

Not that I'd know... :devil:

So, in a thread where illegal activities and whether or not they should be reported is being discussed you confess to dragging a hooker through the New Jersey Swampland! :P

I would report you immediately if I hadn't done it myself. :devil:

So, in a thread where illegal activities and whether or not they should be reported is being discussed you confess to dragging a hooker through the New Jersey Swampland! ;)

I would report you immediately if I hadn't done it myself. :wallbash:

With all the stuckincincy types "making everything their business"...it's getting to the point where you can't drag a dead hooker anywhere these days.

With all the stuckincincy types "making everything their business"...it's getting to the point where you can't drag a dead hooker anywhere these days.

Forget chasing down the cop outside. Once in the store, stuckincincy called the manager to report that some guy had 11 items in the 10 items or less lane. He might have let him slide, but the kid had a punk haircut and his shirt wasn't tucked in.

"That double-pack of Duracell batteries counts as two items pal."

He will be posting about that on Monday and accepting all of your virtual high-fives and pats on the back.

Forget chasing down the cop outside. Once in the store, stuckincincy called the manager to report that some guy had 11 items in the 10 items or less lane. He might have let him slide, but the kid had a punk haircut and his shirt wasn't tucked in.

"That double-pack of Duracell batteries counts as two items pal."

He will be posting about that on Monday and accepting all of your virtual high-fives and pats on the back.

;)

I'm also annoyed when people use that button that opens doors for the handicapped. That's more of an issue with the general laziness of people though.

I do that sometimes...when I've illegally parked in a handicapped spot. I figure, hey, if I'm using the spot, I may as well use the button too.

I do that sometimes...when I've illegally parked in a handicapped spot. I figure, hey, if I'm using the spot, I may as well use the button too.

Do you go for the trifecta and use the powered wheelchair shopping carts if they have them also?

So I should pick up my quadrapalegic 5 yr old and his chair with 60 lbs of equiptment that helps him breathe, and pack him into my prius , and wait behind the guy idling in front of the store waiting for his fat wife, so that it's fair to everyone? Why didn't I think of that? :thumbsup:

How do you get all that gear into a Prius ? Able bodied people barely fit into a Prius?

Do you go for the trifecta and use the powered wheelchair shopping carts if they have them also?

Actually he sits in that little kid seat part while someone else pushes the cart for him.

Heh my heart is bleeding ! Keep the stories coming you fucjing mopes !

I must be going crazy. I could have sworn you were the one in hysterics a few months ago over the fate of two scumbag criminals because they got what was coming to them when a good citizen blasted them during one of their crimes. F' the handicap but save home invaders?? :wallbash:

Anyhoo....not to defend FiSD's questionable comments in this thread, but he does make one good point:

The rare occasions where maybe the handicapped space makes sense doesn't justify or balance out the vast majority of time where the space just goes vacant. In California, land is expensive and parking lots are usually to small for the mall or strip mall and the city makes way to many handicapped spaces creating a case of musical chairs for the rest of us non handicapped folks.

Clearly there should be handicap spaces, but I too see many instances where the local laws require far more of them than is reasonably necessary. How many times have you been in a packed parking lot but there are six empty handicap spaces? Seems like another one of those PC driven items, where no one ever wants to be accused of screwing the handicap so they allocate way more spaces than is necessary just to be sure.

Clearly there should be handicap spaces, but I too see many instances where the local laws require far more of them than is reasonably necessary. How many times have you been in a packed parking lot but there are six empty handicap spaces? Seems like another one of those PC driven items, where no one ever wants to be accused of screwing the handicap so they allocate way more spaces than is necessary just to be sure.

Building codes differ everywhere, but a typical standard is a MINIMUM of 1 ADA-compliant parking space, even if that's the only space on your lot. Then it is usually is a factor of 25 beyond that. Therefore, if you own a store and have between 1-25 regular parking spaces, you are required to have 1 handicapped spot. If you have 26-50 spaces, you are required to have 2 handicapped spots, and so on....

I agree, sometimes when you're driving around the lot it looks like overkill, but looking at those numbers, it seems like a pretty fair ratio.