Any opinions on Jimbo's meeting with Hamas?

Adam

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering.....

Good move. The Palistians elected them to represent them and what's the harm of talking? Hell, they should be talking. 'They' negotiated with the IRA, right? And the Palistians do have very real grieviences and DESERVE to be heard. Hopefully this is one small step that leads to peace and two states that can live with each other. I just hope some right wing Israeli doesn't "Rabin" Carter for this. I noticed the Israeli secret service wouldn't protect Carter, though. Wonderful allies we have

Jimmy Carter is old and senile. And still as big an idiot as he was when he was in office.

True enough, yet Ronald Reagan at this point in time, is still better than Bush the younger. Hell, two years ago you would have had a legitimate argument that Carter was better than him. Historians will have them about equal IMO. Bottom of the barrel rejects that shouldn't have been put in charge of a lone Subway franchise.

With regards to Carter (the above was just to piss off Wacka) he really needs to shut up. I am tired of hearing about him messing with the process. Sure no one is really doing anything, yet his moment is past. He is being used for propaganda and doesn't even realize it IMO.

Personally, I'm in too much shock over this to even have any opinion right now. A guy that actually has done a lot of charitable things over the years cavorting with terrorists who want Israel destroyed.

Pretty interesting article:

"For the sake of Israel, the United States, and the world, it is time for American political discourse to re-engage with reality," wrote Ben-Ami, whose grandparents were among the founders of Tel Aviv and whose father was a militant in the right-wing Revisionist Movement, in a column published Tuesday by the Jewish national daily The Forward.

"Voices of reason need to reclaim what it means to be pro-Israel and to establish in American political discourse that Israel's core security interest is to achieve a negotiated two-state solution and to define once and for all permanent, internationally recognized borders."

"We need to have a much more robust discussion in this country about what it means to be pro-Israel," said Victor Kovner, a former Corporation Counsel of New York City and a member of the group's advisory council.

http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=12701

Personally, I'm in too much shock over this to even have any opinion right now. A guy that actually has done a lot of charitable things over the years cavorting with terrorists who want Israel destroyed.

And again the dems are being cozy with those that want to kill us and our way of life. When will they ever learn.

Pretty interesting article:

"For the sake of Israel, the United States, and the world, it is time for American political discourse to re-engage with reality," wrote Ben-Ami, whose grandparents were among the founders of Tel Aviv and whose father was a militant in the right-wing Revisionist Movement, in a column published Tuesday by the Jewish national daily The Forward.

"Voices of reason need to reclaim what it means to be pro-Israel and to establish in American political discourse that Israel's core security interest is to achieve a negotiated two-state solution and to define once and for all permanent, internationally recognized borders."

"We need to have a much more robust discussion in this country about what it means to be pro-Israel," said Victor Kovner, a former Corporation Counsel of New York City and a member of the group's advisory council.

http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=12701

Herr Molson, why did you leave this part out?

In its policy positions, J Street calls for territorial compromises with the Palestinians based largely on the 1967 borders with reciprocal land swaps and the division of Jerusalem. The group also favors strong U.S. support for Israeli-Syrian peace negotiations and direct, high-level U.S. talks with Iran to address all issues of mutual concern, including ending Iranian opposition to Arab-Israeli peace efforts and its support for armed anti-Israel groups in Palestine and Lebanon.

Still waiting for the fruits of Pelosi's trip to Damascus?

Herr Molson, why did you leave this part out?

Still waiting for the fruits of Pelosi's trip to Damascus?

Thanks for reading that. Why did you highlight that section? And are you actually implying I'm a Nazi by adding the "Herr" to my name for posting about a Jewish group trying to bring peace to Isreal??? :lol:

You are so throughly brain washed its funny!