Any opinions on Jimbo's meeting with Hamas?

Adam

Just wondering.....

Good move. The Palistians elected them to represent them and what's the harm of talking? Hell, they should be talking. 'They' negotiated with the IRA, right? And the Palistians do have very real grieviences and DESERVE to be heard. Hopefully this is one small step that leads to peace and two states that can live with each other. I just hope some right wing Israeli doesn't "Rabin" Carter for this. I noticed the Israeli secret service wouldn't protect Carter, though. Wonderful allies we have

Jimmy Carter is old and senile. And still as big an idiot as he was when he was in office.

True enough, yet Ronald Reagan at this point in time, is still better than Bush the younger. Hell, two years ago you would have had a legitimate argument that Carter was better than him. Historians will have them about equal IMO. Bottom of the barrel rejects that shouldn't have been put in charge of a lone Subway franchise.

With regards to Carter (the above was just to piss off Wacka) he really needs to shut up. I am tired of hearing about him messing with the process. Sure no one is really doing anything, yet his moment is past. He is being used for propaganda and doesn't even realize it IMO.

Personally, I'm in too much shock over this to even have any opinion right now. A guy that actually has done a lot of charitable things over the years cavorting with terrorists who want Israel destroyed.

Pretty interesting article:

"For the sake of Israel, the United States, and the world, it is time for American political discourse to re-engage with reality," wrote Ben-Ami, whose grandparents were among the founders of Tel Aviv and whose father was a militant in the right-wing Revisionist Movement, in a column published Tuesday by the Jewish national daily The Forward.

"Voices of reason need to reclaim what it means to be pro-Israel and to establish in American political discourse that Israel's core security interest is to achieve a negotiated two-state solution and to define once and for all permanent, internationally recognized borders."

"We need to have a much more robust discussion in this country about what it means to be pro-Israel," said Victor Kovner, a former Corporation Counsel of New York City and a member of the group's advisory council.

http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=12701

Personally, I'm in too much shock over this to even have any opinion right now. A guy that actually has done a lot of charitable things over the years cavorting with terrorists who want Israel destroyed.

And again the dems are being cozy with those that want to kill us and our way of life. When will they ever learn.

Pretty interesting article:

"For the sake of Israel, the United States, and the world, it is time for American political discourse to re-engage with reality," wrote Ben-Ami, whose grandparents were among the founders of Tel Aviv and whose father was a militant in the right-wing Revisionist Movement, in a column published Tuesday by the Jewish national daily The Forward.

"Voices of reason need to reclaim what it means to be pro-Israel and to establish in American political discourse that Israel's core security interest is to achieve a negotiated two-state solution and to define once and for all permanent, internationally recognized borders."

"We need to have a much more robust discussion in this country about what it means to be pro-Israel," said Victor Kovner, a former Corporation Counsel of New York City and a member of the group's advisory council.

http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=12701

Herr Molson, why did you leave this part out?

In its policy positions, J Street calls for territorial compromises with the Palestinians based largely on the 1967 borders with reciprocal land swaps and the division of Jerusalem. The group also favors strong U.S. support for Israeli-Syrian peace negotiations and direct, high-level U.S. talks with Iran to address all issues of mutual concern, including ending Iranian opposition to Arab-Israeli peace efforts and its support for armed anti-Israel groups in Palestine and Lebanon.

Still waiting for the fruits of Pelosi's trip to Damascus?

Herr Molson, why did you leave this part out?

Still waiting for the fruits of Pelosi's trip to Damascus?

Thanks for reading that. Why did you highlight that section? And are you actually implying I'm a Nazi by adding the "Herr" to my name for posting about a Jewish group trying to bring peace to Isreal??? :lol:

You are so throughly brain washed its funny!

And again the dems are being cozy with those that want to kill us and our way of life. When will they ever learn.

If you know of a democrat that has been supportive of Carter's plan, please give a name- I haven't heard of one.

Exactly. It's not like liberals coddling terrorists is anything new.

I saw "meeting" not "coddling". Precisely what does Jimmy Carter have to give these guys? He's a retired guy who builds houses for the poor and thinks world peace is a good idea. All he can offer them Hamas is a dialog.

I saw "meeting" not "coddling". Precisely what does Jimmy Carter have to give these guys? He's a retired guy who builds houses for the poor and thinks world peace is a good idea. All he can offer them Hamas is a dialog.

Wow. I wonder why no one has thought of this novel diplomatic approach? All you need to do is establish a dialogue with your opponent, and everything will turn out just fine.

I cannot imagine that a visit by a former POTUS will in any way shape or form will be used as a PR vehicle by a terrorist group. They just need to be listened to, that's all.

Wow. I wonder why no one has thought of this novel diplomatic approach? All you need to do is establish a dialogue with your opponent, and everything will turn out just fine.

I cannot imagine that a visit by a former POTUS and Nobel Peace Prize winner will in any way shape or form will be used as a PR vehicle by a terrorist group. They just need to be listened to, that's all.

Corrected.

BTW, if they just want to talk, don't they have phones there? No need to make this spectical so public unless it is in fact nothing but a ploy to degrade the US and it's policies and show support for those that would kill us and our allies.

I cannot imagine that a visit by a former POTUS will in any way shape or form will be used as a PR vehicle by a terrorist group. They just need to be listened to, that's all.

You think maybe they'll hang a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED sign up, is that it? I can see where that would worry you.

Personally, I'm a big believer in "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"...

...but there's that, too.

Lame. You can do better than that.

I could but I'm trying to manage a conference call and email as well as this. Given that's it's really not an issue as far as I am concerned you will have to settle for "B" material. :lol:

I could but I'm trying to manage a conference call and email as well as this. Given that's it's really not an issue as far as I am concerned you will have to settle for "B" material. :lol:

I'm administering a server, writing a web site, researching an obscure technical point, on the phone trying to acquire software licenses (that my idiot IT manager can't seem to figure out - "Call BEA and get me my !@#$ing licenses" isn't exactly brain surgery) and posting here simultaneously. Learn to multitask, evil B word snake-woman. :lol:

Stephen Solarz is with him. last I checked he was a dem. Also, last I checked Carter was a dem.

I've heard many are against it. It would explain a lot if Carter didn't support what he was doing! lol

I don't have time for detail, but its pretty simple. Any criticism of the status que regarding U.S. policy towrds Palistian-Israeli conflict is explained away by morons like GG as anti-semitism

Not any, just yours.

I'm administering a server, writing a web site, researching an obscure technical point, on the phone trying to acquire software licenses (that my idiot IT manager can't seem to figure out - "Call BEA and get me my !@#$ing licenses" isn't exactly brain surgery) and posting here simultaneously. Learn to multitask, evil B word snake-woman. :P

I am a marketing person. I can sell you a server that administers itself. I can also sell you software you didn't know you needed. And I can flame wingnuts at the same time. But for now, I am going to walk my dogs. Telecommuting has its perks! :wallbash:

CAIRO (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter called the blockade of Gaza a crime and an atrocity on Thursday and said U.S. attempts to undermine the Islamist movement Hamas had been counterproductive.

"It's an atrocity what is being perpetrated as punishment on the people in Gaza. it's a crime... I think it is an abomination that this continues to go on," Carter said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080417/ts_nm/...nians_carter_dc

Carter is my Hero. KILL ALL THE JEWS!!!

<Molson>

It's sort of like when people were against the Iraq War and they were said to "Hate America"

But the ignorance gap closed and that argument didn't work any more. As the situation changes ignorant scum like you will not be able to scream that stuff and get away with it.

Carter is like the modern day William Lloyd Garrison :thumbsup:

Have fun while you can

Perhaps you can remind m if Jimmy Carter ever sent the US military into Iranian sovereign territory to free Americans. Perhaps you can remind me if Jimmy Carter sat with Khomeini and discussed a rational way to recognize the Islamist government in Iran.

My memory is fuzzy.

It's sort of like when people were against the Iraq War and they were said to "Hate America"

But the ignorance gap closed and that argument didn't work any more. As the situation changes ignorant scum like you will not be able to scream that stuff and get away with it.

Carter is like the modern day William Lloyd Garrison :thumbsup:

Have fun while you can

With reasonable men, I will reason; with humane men I will plead; but with morons like molson I will give no quarter, nor waste arguments where they will certainly be lost.

Barack Obama is against this meeting, which ought to throw a lot of wingnuts into some confusion...have fun. I still don't care, I think it's a non-issue that will have no impact on anybody and in 3 weeks will be forgotten except by people who have nothing else to do than obsess over stuff that in the long term makes absolutely no difference.