1990 Draft for Bills

COACH85

Well, we didn't need a RB with Thurman on board, thats for sure..........but I sure would much rather have drafted Emmitt Smith (who was taken 17th by Dallas) then J. Williams. Its easy to say that no one could have predicted Emmitt's highly successful NFL career but he did put up monster stats at Florida. Heck, who knows, maybe we win both those Super Bowls against Dallas if they don't have their franchise back in the fold. Just specualating as we get ready for the upcoming draft and thought that was kind of cool to look back on. Go Bills!!

Well, we didn't need a RB with Thurman on board, thats for sure..........but I sure would much rather have drafted Emmitt Smith (who was taken 17th by Dallas) then J. Williams. Its easy to say that no one could have predicted Emmitt's highly successful NFL career but he did put up monster stats at Florida. Heck, who knows, maybe we win both those Super Bowls against Dallas if they don't have their franchise back in the fold. Just specualating as we get ready for the upcoming draft and thought that was kind of cool to look back on. Go Bills!!

Didnt I start a thread like this a few weeks ago??

eh emmitt smith was a good rb don't get me wrong but his offensive line was all-universe.

Agreed . . imagine what Barry Sanders would have done with a good offensive line . . . Not to take naything away from Emmitt . . .he deserved his rings and HOF career, but a lot of his success was due to the line he played behind.

Agreed . . imagine what Barry Sanders would have done with a good offensive line . . . Not to take naything away from Emmitt . . .he deserved his rings and HOF career, but a lot of his success was due to the line he played behind.

Ask Cornholio Bennett if emmitt is HOF..Of course he would be answering from his backside that Emmit put him on during the SuperBowl..LOL

Barry Sanders = Leon. It was all about him...

Cincy, did someone give you a hard time today? Barry was a great player, a decent and soft spoken person. When he retired, a huge group of folks thought he was merely trying to force a trade. He simply lost his desire to continue. The Lions can do that to a player.

I would tend to lean heavily towards Barry simply being great, all around. In fact, I don't recall any of his teammates having any problem with Barry either.

So, bad day?

JD Williams probably wouldn't have had such a bad career if his knee hadn't been rolled up prior to his first season (accidentally by Leonard Smith, if memory serves) but *after the Bills drafted him*. He never fully recovered.

Barry Sanders = Leon. It was all about him...

Sanders is a very classy guy. I liked how he would hand the ball to the ref after a TD. He is a humble guy who is very involved in his church in Wichita Kansas. I believe he always gave 10% of his salary to the church

With all the creeps that have played in the NFL and pro sports in general, it seems ridiculous to say a bad thing about Barry Sanders. If it was really "all about him", he would have tried to force a trade to a winning franchise. The reason it was all about him is because the Detroit front office could never find any other weapons (QB especially) to move the ball forward.

Barry Sanders played like the game was two hand touch and he didn't want to get tagged. He made more people miss than any RB in history. Too bad he was on such a sh------- team.

Jerry Ball, Chris Speilman, Mike Johnson, Herman Moore, etc..........they all were terrible, weren't they.

They were in a conference with Washington, NY, Philly, Dallas and San Francisco. Minnesota and Chicago were pretty good too

Jerry Ball, Chris Speilman, Mike Johnson, Herman Moore, etc..........they all were terrible, weren't they.

They were in a conference with Washington, NY, Philly, Dallas and San Francisco. Minnesota and Chicago were pretty good too

I don't remember Mike Johnson. Herman Moore was real good, but I'm don't think they were together many seasons and the QB situation was bad, real bad.

In keeping with the oh so highbrow premise of this thread.......imagine if in the 1989 draft the Packers had selected Barry Sanders at #2(picked at #3) instead of Tony Mandarich.

Good grief <_<

Thurman was the better back for our offense. If Thurman and Emmitt switched teams, Thurman would have been first ballot and Emmitt second. That's how close these guys are. Again, the Dallas OL was better than ours.

Painful. Bloody painful. Bossy most likely would have been lined up with Perreault as the French Connection was soon finished.

The Cowboys did have a dominant offensive line. Having Moose Johnson was also a strength. Watching "highlights" of Moose clearing holes for Emmitt prior to watching more of the same against the Bills in SB 28 was chilling. The Cowboys defensive line was also very good. The Bills didn't have an answer for Charles Haley.

It seems odd that a player in their prime would just walk away seemingly injury free from the NFL. It seems to happen more with running backs. The running backs know the pain they carry when they are simply walking from the living room to the kitchen. The money and notoriety may be great but the pain gets old.

In the 1977 NHL Draft:

14. Buffalo -- Ric Seiling-- RW -- St. Catharines OMJHL Canada

15. N.Y. Islanders -- Mike Bossy-- RW -- Laval QMJHL Canada