Limas Sweed

Here we go again. Yesterday, my post about James Hardy enraged a few posters. I would like to say that I just wanted to make sure that his talent was not overlooked because of character issues. I feel he is past that and some feel he isn't. I agree to disagree. Today I intend to do the same thing with Limas Sweed. He is often overlooked because of an injury to his hand that limited his senior season.

I will admit, I do tend to notice the bright side of things. I just want you to know that I'm only trying to give some info that I've observed through hearing the young man speak and looking at highlights and reading of assessments, some of them I will provide. That being said, I really like Limus Sweed. Feel free to disagree, I won't try to change your mind... But I will provide some nice things to say about this (for what it's worth) good young man.

Limas is a regular on Sirius. I've heard him talk 3 times for a total of 25 minutes. He is a high character player. Limas is very very funny. He is smart, quick with his answers, and absolutely loves football. He has been working out at the top NFL training complex for over a month. Working with NFL coaches on routes, getting off the press, finding the soft spots in the zones, and regaining the strength in his (previously at times) amazing hands. Both hosts agreed that Limas Sweed should benefit from staying in school and refining his skills. They think he will be instantly successful it given the chance. He measures in at a shade under 6-4, which is perfect for what the Bills need. Yesterday, sirius called him up for a surprise 5 minute spot on Malcolm Kelly's pro day results and he was hilarious. In saying that, I'd like to add that he is and was very mature about it. I think that Limas Sweed will be a fine pro. Perhaps he might be the first wr taken, and it may be the Buffalo Bills that take him.

One thing to keep in mind is that he was hurt before his senior season even started and he played hurt because he is very committed to the team. He played until the pain was so unbearable he felt he couldn't be an assett to the team. At that time he found out that he had done more damage and needed surgery. I tend to look at his Junior numbers since he didn't have an experienced qb at the time and still dominated. Much like Hardy did at IU. Hopefully I've provided a little more insight on a player that we could possibly see in a Bills Uni. I will continue to profile possible picks, and will take requests...

Although still not recovered, He was invited to the combine. Then had a very nice pro day. Here is his test results:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8826

Here are two highlight reels from YouTube:

Turn your volume down... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw...feature=related there are a whole bunch more available, all pretty good...

Bio:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articl...f_Comeback.aspx a little write up

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/limas_sweed.htm little write up

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/ind...hange_well_id=2 surgery news

I like him. The wrist injury still has to be a lingering concern, but I think he's answered the only other major question, his ability to separate from pro CBs. His collegiate production says he can. His workout numbers say he can. There's really not much more he can do. IMO, he's an excellent prospect at the position, is a 5th year senior, and from the interviews, he does seem like an intelligent guy and not a punk, either. Combine all that with his reputation as a very hard worker on the field and in the film room and I think he's going to be a player that's very tough for the Bills to pass on. He seems to be very close to an ideal fit for what they're looking for at the position.

Here we go again. Yesterday, my post about James Hardy enraged a few posters. I would like to say that I just wanted to make sure that his talent was not overlooked because of character issues. I feel he is past that and some feel he isn't. I agree to disagree. Today I intend to do the same thing with Limas Sweed. He is often overlooked because of an injury to his hand that limited his senior season.

I will admit, I do tend to notice the bright side of things. I just want you to know that I'm only trying to give some info that I've observed through hearing the young man speak and looking at highlights and reading of assessments, some of them I will provide. That being said, I really like Limus Sweed. Feel free to disagree, I won't try to change your mind... But I will provide some nice things to say about this (for what it's worth) good young man.

Limas is a regular on Sirius. I've heard him talk 3 times for a total of 25 minutes. He is a high character player. Limas is very very funny. He is smart, quick with his answers, and absolutely loves football. He has been working out at the top NFL training complex for over a month. Working with NFL coaches on routes, getting off the press, finding the soft spots in the zones, and regaining the strength in his (previously at times) amazing hands. Both hosts agreed that Limas Sweed should benefit from staying in school and refining his skills. They think he will be instantly successful it given the chance. He measures in at a shade under 6-4, which is perfect for what the Bills need. Yesterday, sirius called him up for a surprise 5 minute spot on Malcolm Kelly's pro day results and he was hilarious. In saying that, I'd like to add that he is and was very mature about it. I think that Limas Sweed will be a fine pro. Perhaps he might be the first wr taken, and it may be the Buffalo Bills that take him.

One thing to keep in mind is that he was hurt before his senior season even started and he played hurt because he is very committed to the team. He played until the pain was so unbearable he felt he couldn't be an assett to the team. At that time he found out that he had done more damage and needed surgery. I tend to look at his Junior numbers since he didn't have an experienced qb at the time and still dominated. Much like Hardy did at IU. Hopefully I've provided a little more insight on a player that we could possibly see in a Bills Uni. I will continue to profile possible picks, and will take requests...

Although still not recovered, He was invited to the combine. Then had a very nice pro day. Here is his test results:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=8826

Here are two highlight reels from YouTube:

Turn your volume down... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw...feature=related there are a whole bunch more available, all pretty good...

Bio:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articl...f_Comeback.aspx a little write up

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/limas_sweed.htm little write up

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/ind...hange_well_id=2 surgery news

You're a nice guy DreamOnDan and I appreciate your positive updates. I too have Sirius radio and heard both of these young men on it and I wouldn't be disappointed at all with either of them but I just don't want them, or any WR, at the #11 spot. I truly believe that Buffalo is not putting as big of an emphasist on a #2 WR as most of the fans are. The earliest I can see the Bills taking a WR is late in the 1st rd and that's by a trade up. I really expect us taking one in the 3rd rd and if so these WRs will be long gone.

I like him. The wrist injury still has to be a lingering concern, but I think he's answered the only other major question, his ability to separate from pro CBs. His collegiate production says he can. His workout numbers say he can. There's really not much more he can do. IMO, he's an excellent prospect at the position, is a 5th year senior, and from the interviews, he does seem like an intelligent guy and not a punk, either. Combine all that with his reputation as a very hard worker on the field and in the film room and I think he's going to be a player that's very tough for the Bills to pass on. He seems to be very close to an ideal fit for what they're looking for at the position.

I sure would be happy with him. Is he worth the 11th pick though? That is a tough question. By the time the draft comes, this is the guy that seems like the least risk at WR. I have my wr draft board with him at the top. It would go Sweed, Hardy, and Thomas with Sweed just a shade ahead of Hardy. Only because Limus has a better personality from what I've heard on sirius. Hardy, does seem to be more (some of you will really laugh at this but I believe it) of a family guy. I can see Sweed developing a closer bond with the team, and Hardy kinda just showing up to work. Both will be fantastic pros. All three are hard working. I just don't see the natural hands in Thomas. I'm gonna go over him later today or fri.. Hopefully he can change my mind. It will be very open, that I can promise.

I sure would be happy with him. Is he worth the 11the pick though? That is a tough question. By the time the draft comes, this is the guy that seems like the least risk at WR. I have my wr draft board with him at the top. It would go Sweed, Hardy, and Thomas with Sweed just a shade ahead of Hardy. Only because Limus has a better personality from what I've heard on sirius. Hardy, does seem to be more (some of you will really laugh at this but I believe it) of a family guy. I can see Sweed developing a closer bond with the team, and Hardy kinda just showing up to work. Both will be fantastic pros. All three are hard working. I just don't see the natural hands in Thomas. I'm gonna go over him later today or fri.. Hopefully he can change my mind. It will be very open, that I can promise.

The argument about whether or not he's worth the 11th pick is one that will just go endlessly in circles at this point, I think. In the end, I think its about the type of football player I expect Limas Sweed to become in the NFL. Do I believe he has a realistic chance of becoming an 80 catch 1200 yard 10 TD per season guy? I think he does. For me, that's enough. Let the draftniks argue over whether or not he's a 'reach'. Some of the so-called 'experts' thought that Evans and Lynch went a dozen spots too high as well. I only care about what he'll do on the field and he looks like an excellent fit from where I'm sitting.

The argument about whether or not he's worth the 11th pick is one that will just go endlessly in circles at this point, I think. In the end, I think its about the type of football player I expect Limas Sweed to become in the NFL. Do I believe he has a realistic chance of becoming an 80 catch 1200 yard 10 TD per season guy? I think he does. For me, that's enough. Let the draftniks argue over whether or not he's a 'reach'. Some of the so-called 'experts' thought that Evans and Lynch went a dozen spots too high as well. I only care about what he'll do on the field and he looks like an excellent fit from where I'm sitting.

Russ, is that you ?

I sure would be happy with him. Is he worth the 11th pick though? That is a tough question. By the time the draft comes, this is the guy that seems like the least risk at WR. I have my wr draft board with him at the top. It would go Sweed, Hardy, and Thomas with Sweed just a shade ahead of Hardy. Only because Limus has a better personality from what I've heard on sirius. Hardy, does seem to be more (some of you will really laugh at this but I believe it) of a family guy. I can see Sweed developing a closer bond with the team, and Hardy kinda just showing up to work. Both will be fantastic pros. All three are hard working. I just don't see the natural hands in Thomas. I'm gonna go over him later today or fri.. Hopefully he can change my mind. It will be very open, that I can promise.

Hardy beat his girlfriend, that's your idea of a familyman? <_< Dream on, Dan. Dream on...

Finally, you've picked a receiver I like! I think he's the best in the draft!

Sweed will be a productive receiver in the NFL because he catches with his hands more than most. I like the way he attacks the ball instead of catching it with his chest. DE or CB at 11 and trade up to bottom of 1st round to nab Sweed.

I like Sweed and IF The Bills Pick Him at #11 Overall I really would be fine with it...

That being said I think Devin Thomas has better upside than Sweed...Sweed is bigger, but Thomas is not small...Thomas is faster, and a much better RAC WR than Sweed...The single thing that bothers Me about Sweed (assuming the wrist is, and stays 100%)...and it is only one thing...is that fact that the Film I've watched on the Kid He goes down way too often on initial contact for a WR who is as big as He is...Thomas on the other hand reminds Me a bit of Dre after the catch...That Kid looks like He's refusing to be Tackled after the catch...And Thomas has that snap burst of speed that just makes Me giddy with excitement...Plus Thomas figures to be a bigger contributor to Special Teams as a Rookie...

One thing I have heard over and over again about Sweed is that His dedication and work ethic are outstanding...So no question He could end up being a heck of a good NFL WR...

I'd take either Kid and walk away happy...I really would...But if I had My choice, and I think The Bills will have both of them available to Draft at #11, I'd take Thomas...

But maybe that's just Me... <_<

:D:bag::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If they ever do hire me, you can bet that would be a trainwreck. 0-16!

:sick:

Nah, I'd give you a 3-13. A lot of other people here would go 0-16. I mean A LOT!!!