NFL Rumor from Todd McShay

On NFL Live he said that because the the Bengals cut Chris Henry they are becoming very interested in getting Kelly. They are sending scouts and a WR coach to his workout on April 9th. Also he mentioned that they might trade down to the Bills because they know that we need a WR too.

I don't know what to make of this. I say we don't give into the Bengals possible trade up offer. I still think Sweed or Thomas might be better than Kelly at this point. Did I forget to mention how deep the WR class is.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting rumour. But with TJ and CJ (for now) still in the fold WR isn't a pressing need. Especially considering how bad their D is. Passing on Ellis would be dumb of them, and if they did, we would take him. If they are planning on dealing CJ then WR becomes a major priority for them, otherwise, I don't see it. But them sending scouts to his workout means something. Maybe they think he could fall to round two if he bombs the workout and they would take him there. Who knows.

Terrific, we get Ellis at #9.

Oh Yeah! Now there is a guy that is worth picking even though we seem set at DT. There isn't too many DL with that kind of talent. At 11, I'm not really about drafting the 3rd DE, or any position that isn't absolutely terrible. But Gholston, C Long, Ellis, or Dorsey was available at 11 I'd crap. There is a HUGE dropoff at the D line after those 4.

The next wave of DL are way overvalued right now because the way the Giants won the superbowl. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't guys that are going to develope and be really good D-lineman someday. I'm saying that any DL outside of these 4 is a bigger reach than whoever the Bills have ranked as the #1 player at other positions. And the four players mentioned are way way more NFL ready than the "next wave" which will come off the board way too fast...

ellis would make our DT rotation

Stroud, williams, ellis, mccargo, johnson

that's pretty freaking monster

mix in the fact that ellis and johnson can also play DE, and you've got a serious line.

see, all the guys talking about DLDLDLDLDL, i'll take one at 11 if it is a potential top 5 talent, but not some guy just because. if no top line is there we are better off taking WR

Great NEws!

#1 OLB Keith Rivers drops in our lap, and the Bills have the best LB corps since the good old days.

If we drafted Rivers- what do you think about the possibility of playing more 3-4 defense? Can Stroud or McCargo play NT? If we played more 3-4 it would take a position some perceive to be thin(DT) and make it deep. Plus it would get 4 great LBs on the field. We could really confuse defenses and switch up formations constantly. I think Rivers gives us alot of flexibility and depth, and provides insurance if we lost Crowell- which I hope doesn't happen

If we drafted Rivers- what do you think about the possibility of playing more 3-4 defense? Can Stroud or McCargo play NT? If we played more 3-4 it would take a position some perceive to be thin(DT) and make it deep. Plus it would get 4 great LBs on the field. We could really confuse defenses and switch up formations constantly. I think Rivers gives us alot of flexibility and depth, and provides insurance if we lost Crowell- which I hope doesn't happen

Schobel - Stroud - Kelsay/Denney

Crowell - Rivers - POZ - Mitchell

That's not bad when you think about it, however I doubt this will happen because DJ likes the 4-3 defense.

There has got to be a lot more to this than we know right now. I don't know why Buffalo would only want to move up two spots? It should only cost them one 4th round pick but I think that's too high for two spots. I guess it depends on who's available.

This could also mean that the Bungles keep the first round pick and then trade for Buffalo's first round pick.

If Rivers is the guy the Bills covet, I think they have to swap firsts with Baltimore. The value chart shows that they would probably have to toss in the 3rd round pick to get there though. Too pricey? I don't know... The Bills take the elite LB in the draft, and Baltimore takes either Clady or Otah (I'm thinking Clady) and essentially get their third rounder back from the Bills minus one draft position.

Taking Rivers makes no sense at all. None.

Mitchell, Poz and Crowell are a solid starting lineup.

I disagree. I believe in drafting the best available player- and if Rivers falls to us he most likely is the highest rated. You can never have too many playmakers in your front 7. Check out my post about some 4-3 packages and let me know what you think

Terrific, we get Ellis at #9.

That would be the best possible scenario, IMO.

A monster D-line makes even ordinary LBs and CBs look great, so getting Ellis would be vastly preferable to landing either Rivers or one of the CB possibilities with the 11th pick. There are enough ways to trade back into the bottom of round one to snag the WR we need, which would be the best value place to get one.

That would be the best possible scenario, IMO.

A monster D-line makes even ordinary LBs and CBs look great, so getting Ellis would be vastly preferable IMO to landing either Rivers or one of the CB possibilities with the 11th pick. There are enough ways to trade back into the bottom of round one to snag the WR we need, which would be the best value place to get one.

Ellis would be a great fit for the Bills. My draft board for the Bills is #1 Dorsey, #2 Ellis. I like Rivers too. Who knows who is going to drop on draft day- someone always does. We are sitting pretty at pick 11. Someone is gonna slide and the 11 slot for salary is doable