NFL Rumor from Todd McShay

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowell belongs on the bench?

I think we have weaker players projected to be starters than him.

For example: Josh Reed, Ko Simpson,Chris Kelsay,Melvin Fowler and Robert Royal among others.

Thus, replacing Crowell is certainly not needed in the first round. There are higher priorities.

That may be true.

In order to buidl a Super Bowl contender, the Bills need to draft impact playmakers.

There are no players available at #11, if Harvey is gone, that improve any of those areas.'

It is stupid to pass on impact players to take a lesser player, especially when you can get a WR in round 2 lke bennett or Nelson.

If Keith Rivers is still there when the Bills are on the board he would be the perfect trade down bait.

If I'm the Bills I start a major PR campaign regarding Keith Rivers. Bring the Kid in for an interview... stuff like that.

I think there are a lot of teams that might be willing to trade up to the 11 pick for KR. (im thinking Minnesota Vikings for one. Philly is another possible team)

The fact is, there has to be a reason for a team to trade up in the draft and that mean a major talent has to be there AND the team that is trading up has to be worried that the player they covet will be gone by the time they pick. That is why I start the PR wagon rolling.

Thoughts?

I've said in several posts that if Ellis is there, they'd be stupid not to take him.... But I don't think he'll drop to 11 and I don't see the Bills trading up....

Rivers is a great choice as well, if you consider he might replace 09' UFA Angelo Crowell... who might be hard to keep along with Lee Evans among others...

But the Bills have a lot of options this year.... They could go many ways.