Official Red Sox - Yankees Trash Talk thread

Ramius

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to every EEI host. It borders on sickening. It really does. :P

Nothing matches their blowing of Belichek, Brady and the Pats. I tune in to listen to Red Sox talk and always get, "The Pats are so smaaaaaahhhhttttt." Larry Johnson should be shot.

Alright, since the season is underway, and eventually, the numerous Sox and Yanks fans are going to start jawing at one another, i've created this thread for all trash talking. Here are some rules:

1. Per TSW rules, no personal attacks.

2. You are free to trash the other team to your hearts content. Just dont go cluttering up the board with 65 "I hate the yanks/sox" or "the yanks/sox are going to win the series" threads. Keep it here.

3. Reasonable baseball discussion centering on these 2 teams or players on them or news about them are welcome. But if they degrade into a flame war between the 2 sets of fans, the thread will be merged in here.

4. This IS the place to post your "hahaha, yankees won/lost, sox won/lost posts", that provide no substance to the rest of the board.

Thanks, and happy posting.

Cool idea but how can us (Red Sox fans) can win any flame war here with "Oneonta" on our side?!!

Are you Yankee fans angry yet that the team wouldn't give up,

Ian "I'm afraid to throw strikes" Kennedy to get Santana?

Not me, because they wanted Kennedy and Hughes. Look, it's going to take time, most likely 3 years, before the Yankees can even hope to have their young guys fulfill their potential. Personally, I don't think much of Kennedy, but I think of IPK, Phil the Franchise, and Joba, only one is going to become a reliable #1 guy. 2 will most likely become serviceable 4 or 5 guys or fail. Failing to trade for Santana was a sign that yes, the Yanks are actually going to wait a few years and let their young guys develop before the WS is in reach. That is the philosophy I want them to follow, so if IPK sucks for the rest of his career, I won't be angry.

For crying out loud! Our bullpen is terrible. 2 blown games.

Yeah, a bullpen with Papelbon as the closer is terrible. Cry me a river. Joe Borowski can knock out two blown saves in a week, tired arm or no.

EDIT: And how exactly does the bullpen blow an 11-inning game when your offense doesn't score a run from the 6th inning on? I didn't see the game (watching my Tribe beat the Yanks) but looking at the box score it seems your bullpen went 4+ inning with 5 hits and 1 run allowed. That's pretty solid overall.

Yeah, a bullpen with Papelbon as the closer is terrible. Cry me a river. Joe Borowski can knock out two blown saves in a week, tired arm or no.

EDIT: And how exactly does the bullpen blow an 11-inning game when your offense doesn't score a run from the 6th inning on? I didn't see the game (watching my Tribe beat the Yanks) but looking at the box score it seems your bullpen went 4+ inning with 5 hits and 1 run allowed. That's pretty solid overall.

Not when you have Timlin in the game. A 11+ ERA is killing us.

Not when you have Timlin in the game. A 11+ ERA is killing us.

Wow, so you have one guy struggling. What bullpen doesn't? You've still got a lockdown closer and a bunch of pretty good arms in the pen. Timlin might be struggling right now, but there are a lot of teams with worse bullpen situations.

Again - last night your bullpen allowed one run on five hits over 4.0 IP. That's a pretty solid outing overall.

Wow, so you have one guy struggling. What bullpen doesn't? You've still got a lockdown closer and a bunch of pretty good arms in the pen. Timlin might be struggling right now, but there are a lot of teams with worse bullpen situations.

Again - last night your bullpen allowed one run on five hits over 4.0 IP. That's a pretty solid outing overall.

Not when you have Timlin trying to pitch with a 11+ ERA.