Bills Eyeing Kelly at #11?

stewy23

I got this from FanBall.com this morning. I hadn't seen it anywhere else and I thought it was interesting.

Bills: Buffalo eyeing WR Kelly

The News

Dick Jauron has no problems with the health of Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, whose knees have become a question mark heading into the draft, according to the Buffalo News. Asked about Kelly's knees, Jauron said today: "We feel good about it. Our staff was in Indianapolis with everybody else. There's nothing I'm aware of (that's a problem) at this point."

Our View

Kelly, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery during his sophomore year, had a productive career at Oklahoma and didn't miss any game action due to knee problems.

I find it interesting that Jauron is commmenting on his knees before Kelly's pro day. He might be doing this to throw people off as to who we are really interested in...

I got this from FanBall.com this morning. I hadn't seen it anywhere else and I thought it was interesting.

Bills: Buffalo eyeing WR Kelly

The News

Dick Jauron has no problems with the health of Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly, whose knees have become a question mark heading into the draft, according to the Buffalo News. Asked about Kelly's knees, Jauron said today: "We feel good about it. Our staff was in Indianapolis with everybody else. There's nothing I'm aware of (that's a problem) at this point."

Our View

Kelly, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery during his sophomore year, had a productive career at Oklahoma and didn't miss any game action due to knee problems.

I find it interesting that Jauron is commmenting on his knees before Kelly's pro day. He might be doing this to throw people off as to who we are really interested in...

Gotta love what Jauron is doing. Doesn't it seem like only we know be thinking and not others. I think that's just awesome.

I was just shocked that he felt he should address it. It's not really a question until after Kelly's pro day on April 9th. It looks like we may NOT be selecting him. I was all for it, but more and more I'm thinking that it's not going to happen.

Who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

if kelly is healthy he will be a FRIKKEN MONSTER.

he has such a smoothe effortless style and along with his size and physicallity teams will flip trying to cover him and Lee. that will take a man out of the box and allow the passes to RBs, TEs, parrish, and just better running.

Gotta love what Jauron is doing. Doesn't it seem like only we know be thinking and not others. I think that's just awesome.

You fuggin rock LSI, keep it up little buddy :devil:

From nfl.com:

Pat Kirwan has us taking Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State

Vic Carucci has us taking Malcolm Kelly

I'm not really into college football that much, but after reading up on both players, either one of them would be great for us.

Devin Thomas

Just not @ 11. :lol:

I second that!

I like D. Thomas, but he's not worth the 11th overall pick. If he's there in round 2 and we haven't already drafted a wideout...go for it! Not at 11 though.

Why not?

Because Devin Thomas isn't worth the 11th overall pick in the daft. He's good, but there's a reason why every "expert" has him slotted as a late round 1 pick. Don't get me wrong, the kid is good, I just think that we have to get MAX value from our first pick. That means we'll either grab a DE (Harvey/Merling) or a CB (DRC/Talib) If the "experts" are right, we may get a crack at Thomas in round 2 a la Poz. It's not likely, but who knows?

Because Devin Thomas isn't worth the 11th overall pick in the daft. He's good, but there's a reason why every "expert" has him slotted as a late round 1 pick. Don't get me wrong, the kid is good, I just think that we have to get MAX value from our first pick. That means we'll either grab a DE (Harvey/Merling) or a CB (DRC/Talib) If the "experts" are right, we may get a crack at Thomas in round 2 a la Poz. It's not likely, but who knows?

I would actually be thrilled if we picked a DE at 11 and used our 2 and 4 to get back into the late 1st and grab a WR. We would still have the 3 for a CB and the compensatory 4 for a TE.

If the Bills are thinking about both Thomas and Kelly at #11, a trade down makes a lot of sense, since the odds of both of them being picked before the 20th pick are small. The trade I think makes the most sense to both teams, contract demands aside, is the Eagles and Bills flipping 1st round picks (which would equal a 2nd rounder) and the Bills getting Lito Sheppard. The Bills still get either Thomas or Kelly, plus Sheppard, and the Eagles get their pick of OL before the likely run of OL starting with Denver.

If the Bills are thinking about both Thomas and Kelly at #11, a trade down makes a lot of sense, since the odds of both of them being picked before the 20th pick are small. The trade I think makes the most sense to both teams, contract demands aside, is the Eagles and Bills flipping 1st round picks (which would equal a 2nd rounder) and the Bills getting Lito Sheppard. The Bills still get either Thomas or Kelly, plus Sheppard, and the Eagles get their pick of OL before the likely run of OL starting with Denver.

That would be great if it happened like that.

That's not a bad idea. I'd love it if that happened, but it's unlikely.

Supposedly, the Iggles are looking to get a 1st and a 5th for Shepard. Apparently, they think he's as good as DeAngelo Hall.