Must win for Sabres. Meaningless game for Toronto

stevestojan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-1. Keep the faith

I'm tryin but its TOUGH right now.

I don't even know who we are rooting for in Washington/Carolina.

Right now, Carolina is in third in the conference and yet they lose tonight and they move to 9th.

Sadly, that took me a second. I re-read the post thinking I made a typo. I really gotta quit drinking so much

See if you can solve this puzzle: AS_HOLE :D

Why would vanna only turn one S ? Someone oughta fire that b1+ch! After all, you would never say "Pat is there ANOTHER S? :blink:

No matter how minimal I think their chances are, my heart was really racing during that shootout. Hell, I hate shootouts and still I was a wreck. I guess I just hate seeing a season end, no matter when it happens.

No matter how minimal I think their chances are, my heart was really racing during that shootout. Hell, I hate shootouts and still I was a wreck. I guess I just hate seeing a season end, no matter when it happens.

From what I can tell, our chances of making the playoffs lie with Boston. Obviously, we need to win out, putting us at 92 pts. Boston plays three more games, however the last one is against us. I don't know who owns the tie-breaker. If it is Boston, then we would need Boston to lose out. If we own it, we would need Boston to lose 2 and lose outright or lose in OT in another.

From what I can tell, our chances of making the playoffs lie with Boston. Obviously, we need to win out, putting us at 92 pts. Boston plays three more games, however the last one is against us. I don't know who owns the tie-breaker. If it is Boston, then we would need Boston to lose out. If we own it, we would need Boston to lose 2 and lose outright or lose in OT in another.

I believe the Sabres have the tiebreaker.

Countless? The Sabres outshot the Leafs nearly 2-to-1 and outchanced them by a wider margin than that.

Come on, don't ruin it for the people who subtract this years point total from last years point total to tell them how much "heart" the team doesn't have.

I can't see how anyone can really fault our defense in the game last night. I thought Miller was absolutely horrendous most of the night and I was thankful the team limited the Toronto's scoring chances, otherwise the score would've been much worse. I've heard a lot of talk that Miller's problem lately is he's playing too deep in the net and not challenging. Once again, I saw the opposite. He comes out and challenges the shot and has absolutely no ability to recover and get back in net. I can't count how many times I've seen Miller slide helplessly out of the crease lately and it's frustrating. Both of the first two goals were of this kind. Kaberle's goal was just embarassing. Miller just slid right out of the crease and fell over. It didn't help that Sekera was getting wrestled to the ground by a Leaf without the puck while trying to protect the far post on that goal, either. I don't know if he's tired, hurt, developed bad habits because of the lack of practice time, or has just lost his ability to orient himself in the crease, but I'm sure the heavy work load isn't helping.

That being said, Miller came up big in the shoot out. I thought he was going to be embarassed again when Kaberle made him look silly on the first attempt. Thankfully, Miller stayed under control and played very smoothely after that, and Toronto made no attempt to go upstairs on him.