favorite wines

Pete

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WINE time . Just got done helping the wife clean . She is having a Pampered Chef party .

Tell here it's been a bit of a rough week so I exect the pampering to extra special. Oh and the Champagne needs to be chilled a bit longer this time.

Finishing up a bottle of this stuff with the old lady. We sat outside for the first glass. REALLY liked it. Not dry at all.

thanks for the advice!

Beaujolaise is a good starter wine. It's on the sweeter side. But be careful, due to the sugar content it can be headache in a glass. That's what we used to call Beaujolaise Nouveau.

Beaujolaise is a good starter wine. It's on the sweeter side. But be careful, due to the sugar content it can be headache in a glass. That's what we used to call Beaujolaise Nouveau.

Yeah, for some reason all red wines give me a headache. That may be because I'm a newbie with wine and the only kind I used to drink were ones that taste like grape juice :devil:

Yeah, for some reason all red wines give me a headache. That may be because I'm a newbie with wine and the only kind I used to drink were ones that taste like grape juice :devil:

Or because you only drink the cheap stuff, thinking the 50 dollar bottle is only for snobs. It's like scotch, you drink that blended crap at 20 buck a bottle and you'll know it in the morning. Drink a good Glenn Morganie (sp??) and it'll taste great and you'll feel good to go the next day.

Yeah, for some reason all red wines give me a headache. That may be because I'm a newbie with wine and the only kind I used to drink were ones that taste like grape juice :lol:

No I have the same issue with red wine. Sometimes I'll only have two glasses and wake up with a headache. I've been told, and have noticed due to extensive personal research ( :devil: ) that imported red wine is not as bad as domestic when it comes to headaches. Some say it's the sufates that are added here in the States. That's a old wives tale. Sulfates occur naturally in wine but almost all wineries (imported and domestic) add some sulfates. We just put it on the labels here because the gov't requires it. Wonderful government intervention.

Or because you only drink the cheap stuff, thinking the 50 dollar bottle is only for snobs. It's like scotch, you drink that blended crap at 20 buck a bottle and you'll know it in the morning. Drink a good Glenn Morganie (sp??) and it'll taste great and you'll feel good to go the next day.

who pissed in your kiddie-sized bowl of cheerios today?

who pissed in your kiddie-sized bowl of cheerios today?

would you stop trying to be funny and start a Sabres thread talking about how much they blow so we can laugh at you when they come back in the third...seriously, the sabres need your anti-mojo.

went to my vintner and got some cheese(Sottocenare al Tartufo) and sausage and i asked her for a Red, semi dry with a bit of sweetness and she pointed me to a california red blend called Blue Jean, really pretty good....keep in mind i am not looking for top of the line wines, just nice tasting affordable wines

my local wine shop does weekly friday tastings....here is the offering for this week....anyone have any recommendations from this list? thanks.

1. CAVE PRISSE SAINT-VERAN WHITE BURGUNDY $16.45

2. RAPET PERE & FILS BOURGOGNE ALIGOTE $15.95

3. DOMAINE DE BOISSIEU BEAUJOLAIS-VILLAGES $14.95

4. FERRATON PERE & FILS CROZES-HERMITAGE $18.95

5. CHATEAU BELLEVUE PEYCHARNEAU BORDEAUX $17.95

my local wine shop does weekly friday tastings....here is the offering for this week....anyone have any recommendations from this list? thanks.

My suggestion, ask her if she has any beer. <_<

The one I bolded is expensive. You can get that for 9 bucks at wegmans in Fairfax, or really just about anywhere. I suspect the rest are probably overpriced as well. The beaujolais is okay, but as Cheffy poo said, it can be a headache in a bottle. tastes okay for what it is, but in the grand scheme, there are better for roughly the same price.

I've not had anything else on your list.

my top favorite to order at a restaurant is a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

i also like Argetnian Malbec

but i probably mostly drink good ol' Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Village. It's cheap and a great chillable red for drinking in the summer.

what do you mean by "chillable"? i just hope it is not what i think...