Dallas's 22nd & 28th picks might be a possibility.......

The way that I see it Darren McFadden wont make it out of the top 5 in this draft. We all know how much Dallas wants this kid, the only thing stopping Dallas from moving up in the draft to get him is what they would have to give up in return and thats both first rounders and their 2nd rounder. 3 first day picks I think is too much.

However, there are 2 key players right now that involves Dallas's 22nd & 28th picks. Chicago Bears & Mendenhall from Illinois. I see some draft experts have Mendenhall rated above McFadden in some aspects. I also have heard that the Bears are very high on Mendenhall due to the fact they are unsure of what Cedric Benson is going to do.

I think Mendenhall can give Dallas the same that McFadden would do for them. I really do see Buffalo picking up the phone and calling Dallas to see if they want to jump before the Bears to grab Mendenhall. Now what they would get in return we dont know. Wether if be the 22nd & 28th pick, or one or the other along with a 2nd rounder........

So right now, id be happy with Buffalo trading the 11th for the 22nd & their 2nd rounder for Dallas to move up and take Mendenhall at 11. Unless Russ Brandon worked his magic and got both the 22nd and 28th picks from them for the 11th. Value wise meaning points wise im not sure where it rates as a trade.........

This is just another option for us fans to ponder over to get more draft picks.......

:P or :)

The way that I see it Darren McFadden wont make it out of the top 5 in this draft. We all know how much Dallas wants this kid, the only thing stopping Dallas from moving up in the draft to get him is what they would have to give up in return and thats both first rounders and their 2nd rounder. 3 first day picks I think is too much.

However, there are 2 key players right now that involves Dallas's 22nd & 28th picks. Chicago Bears & Mendenhall from Illinois. I see some draft experts have Mendenhall rated above McFadden in some aspects. I also have heard that the Bears are very high on Mendenhall due to the fact they are unsure of what Cedric Benson is going to do.

I think Mendenhall can give Dallas the same that McFadden would do for them. I really do see Buffalo picking up the phone and calling Dallas to see if they want to jump before the Bears to grab Mendenhall. Now what they would get in return we dont know. Wether if be the 22nd & 28th pick, or one or the other along with a 2nd rounder........

So right now, id be happy with Buffalo trading the 11th for the 22nd & their 2nd rounder for Dallas to move up and take Mendenhall at 11. Unless Russ Brandon worked his magic and got both the 22nd and 28th picks from them for the 11th. Value wise meaning points wise im not sure where it rates as a trade.........

This is just another option for us fans to ponder over to get more draft picks.......

:P or :)

Trading down eleven places to just get a late second round pick doesn't seem enough to me. I doubt Dallas gives us two first rounders to move up to 11. However, I would switch places with Dallas to 22 if they gave us their second and third round picks. (If they have a 2nd and a 3rd?) This would give us five picks in the first three rounds. Enough to draft DE, 2WR's, CB and TE. If we could work that we would be sitting pretty. Than in rounds 4-7 we get depth on O line, DT, QB, CB, FB, the possibilities are endless.

Trading down eleven places to just get a late second round pick doesn't seem enough to me. I doubt Dallas gives us two first rounders to move up to 11. However, I would switch places with Dallas to 22 if they gave us their second and third round picks. (If they have a 2nd and a 3rd?) This would give us five picks in the first three rounds. Enough to draft DE, 2WR's, CB and TE. If we could work that we would be sitting pretty. Than in rounds 4-7 we get depth on O line, DT, QB, CB, FB, the possibilities are endless.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills do that trade since they don't really need anyone who won't be available at 22 they'd get an extra second rounder which is fine with me but I agree with you they could get more.

It's 1250 points on the point value chart to get up to #11, and their #22 and #28 is 1440 points. We'd need to give up 190 points, which is our 3rd Rounder.

How Bout:

#22-Malcolm Kelly WR

#28-James Hardy WR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138 Brian Johnston DE

#170 Chris McDuffie OG

#202 Derek Lokey DT

#210 Art Carmody K Louisville - all-time NCAA leader in points

It's 1250 points on the point value chart to get up to #11, and their #22 and #28 is 1440 points. We'd need to give up 190 points, which is our 3rd Rounder.

How Bout:

#22-Malcolm Kelly WR

#28-James Hardy WR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138 Brian Johnston DE

#170 Chris McDuffie OG

#202 Derek Lokey DT

Uh 2 1's for a 3 and a 1 makes sense to me!

I would be happy to trade our number one for their 1st 2nd and 3rd, but they aren't going to give that much up. Giving us their two firsts and getting our first and thrid is alot for us, that third rounder can be a great value pick, however, two firsts nets us two immediate impact players. We could solidify a WR and TE or CB starter and still address the TE/CB in the second. The third would have given us a backup at Oline or Dline, but I'd rather have the starter. Fourth round will net us a OG or DE (The Johnston kid is shooting up the boards, quick, big and aggressive). I also see us using our fifth on a QB for the Backup (O'Connell from SD state is my bet), I also like the OC Jamey Richard out of Buffalo in the fifth if they don't go QB. 6-7's will be special teamers or practice squaders, if they make the team.

Pro football: Jones rules out trade into top five to select McFadden

Web Posted: 03/28/2008 11:00 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn

San Antonio Express-News

Jerry Jones has ruled out making a trade that would position the Dallas Cowboys to select Arkansas running back Darren McFadden with one of the first five picks in the draft, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“I have no intent at all of moving into the top five,” the newspaper quoted Jones as saying in Friday's editions.

Jones says his reluctance to make such a move is financially based.

“A team can get crippled, and I mean seriously crippled, from a financial standpoint by being up there in the top five or six,” Jones said. “It's a real negative.

“Nobody wants in there, and the teams in there, they want out. This is a very tough draft anyway when it comes to evaluating the talent, and then trying to match up that with the millions it takes to operate at the top of the draft.”

Jones, however, didn't rule out making a trade should McFadden fall out of the top 10. The Cowboys, who lost running back Julius Jones to free agency, own the 22nd and 28th picks in the first round.

The draft is set for April 26-27.

I would be happy to trade our number one for their 1st 2nd and 3rd, but they aren't going to give that much up. Giving us their two firsts and getting our first and thrid is alot for us, that third rounder can be a great value pick, however, two firsts nets us two immediate impact players. We could solidify a WR and TE or CB starter and still address the TE/CB in the second. The third would have given us a backup at Oline or Dline, but I'd rather have the starter. Fourth round will net us a OG or DE (The Johnston kid is shooting up the boards, quick, big and aggressive). I also see us using our fifth on a QB for the Backup (O'Connell from SD state is my bet), I also like the OC Jamey Richard out of Buffalo in the fifth if they don't go QB. 6-7's will be special teamers or practice squaders, if they make the team.

Just say no to fast risers.

Sincerly,

Erik Flowers

How Bout:

#22-Malcolm Kelly WR

#28-James Hardy WR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138 Brian Johnston DE

#170 Chris McDuffie OG

#202 Derek Lokey DT

I'm saying no if you're planning on taking Hardy in the 1st Round. He can be had in the 2nd, IMO, and if he's gone so be it. Let someone else deal with his character issues. Plus, I don't see the Bills moving down to take two WRs in the 1st Round..doesn't make sense with the other needs on this team. This draft is deep at receiver...no need to grab two that high. BTW, Kelly @ #22 would be fantastic.

I would agree wholeheartedly that Dallas' second round pick would be no where near enough.

How Bout:

#22-Malcolm Kelly WR

#28-James Hardy WR

#42- Fred Davis TE

#73- Geno Hayes OLB

#111- Owen Schmitt FB

#138 Brian Johnston DE

#170 Chris McDuffie OG

#202 Derek Lokey DT

I love those 1st 2 picks.... IF kelly provesto to be healthy enough to warrant it... Otherwise I would be just as happy with Sweed and Hardy, or Thomas and Hardy... but I would love to see Hardy in a Bills uni just for his size and red zone ability

I beleive if Dallas wants to move up then they'll have ot eat that 190 point difference and give us their 2 #1's

Just say no to fast risers.

Sincerly,

Erik Flowers

Hi Erik,

Great to hear from you.

We missed you at the poker game last week.

We got Fabian Washington to take your seat.

Signed,

Mike Mamula

Matt Jones

Johnathan Sullivan

Ryan Sims

More likely we move down to #22 or #28 and pick up their 1st rounder NEXT year.

Exactly! :nana: That is a great way to build a winning football team. The problem is that Jauron will feel pressure to win this year in order to keep his job. Putting this aside, look at the freaking patsies. They lost a 1st round pick and still have the #7. ;)

Dallas looks like they will have a great record this year, yet let Romo and/or DeMarcus Ware get injured and then what?

You would have to ask the draft experts here for a more relevant opinion, but from where I sit, this does not look like a strong draft. I would take #22 and a first in 09 in a heartbeat.

Exactly! :nana: That is a great way to build a winning football team. The problem is that Jauron will feel pressure to win this year in order to keep his job. Putting this aside, look at the freaking patsies. They lost a 1st round pick and still have the #7. ;)

Dallas looks like they will have a great record this year, yet let Romo and/or DeMarcus Ware get injured and then what?

You would have to ask the draft experts here for a more relevant opinion, but from where I sit, this does not look like a strong draft. I would take #22 and a first in 09 in a heartbeat.

That does have merit.

Could you imagine if Buffalo somehow made the trade for 22nd & 28th and got Malcolm Kelly & James Hardy to tandem with Evans and get a solid TE like Fred Davis..........

i'd be as happy as you would be. thats my dream come true