Stockholm Meatballs

CosmicBills

Jack Diesel certainly lived up to the billing, leading the team in tackles. And Sloth and Darin's new training regiment paid off! More to come today ... but a good win by the Meatballs!

Sorry I could only get seven tackles and one forced fumble coach. I'll try harder next time.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs COUGARS 4/5/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

After watching tape on the Cougars, they are tough to get a concrete pattern. For a human team, they have a ton of CPU players -- this should be a good match up for us overall.

Teams that have had success against them have done so running the ball as the Cougars' best human players are found in their secondary. Still, our WRs and TEs should be able to make some moves this week.

Offensively the Cougars have not stuck to a pattern. They rely on their HB who is average at best and have gotten most of their points off of turnovers. Defensively, we should be able to create a lot of pressure up the gut and our speedy LB corps will have a green light to blitz.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (52%)

The Glow and Just Win had an off week last week, but both are strong, capable runners. Our O-Line has improved greatly with Darin's Whale HGH hormone treatment. We should be able to pound the ball when we want to this week as the Cougars' front 7 is suspect. We are going to run inside 60% of the time and try the corners 40% of the time to take advantage of The Glow's speed.

Passing Attack: (48%)

Sloth has really come on lately and is showing a great long ball in practice. We also boast one of the deepest WR corps in the league as we have 5 top notch WRs. Even though the Cougars' have a strong secondary, our coaches believe that Sloth and the WRs will be able to make things happen in the passing game. As a result, we are going to try to really employ a vertical offense this week.

I still haven't seen the computer do many deep throws, so I amped up the settings to try to force a couple downfield to see what happens. Our exact breakdown will be: 12% short passes, 50% medium passes, 38% deep passes. This should result in some down field shots -- if not, it's a bug in the system. We have the talent to execute this attack, but we have to count on Sloth not to turn the ball over.

Most of the balls will go to our WRs (70%) but we'll also employ some double TE sets and find Brick and Greg over the middle (20%). The Glow, Wang and Win will also be targets out of the backfield (10%). Hopefully this will create the vertical attack we want.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (35%)

This is a big increase in our normal blitz package. With the evolution of Diesel last week on the outside, our coaches are confident our LBs can apply big time pressure. Part of this thinking also goes along with the fact that the Cougars have been difficult to get a pattern on. Rather than try to bend our Game Plan to them, we're going to impose our will this week by sending the house.

Rushing Defense: (51%)

The Cougars love to use their HB to make plays, but he might be the most overrated player at his position in the league. Their ground game is nothing to fear, and we should be able to make plays without having to commit too many men to the box.

We will defend 51% percent to the inside attack and 49% to the outside attack.

Passing Defense: (49%)

The Cougars can move the ball through the air but have shown reluctance to do so. Still, with our Offense employing a vertical game this weekend, the Cougars are going to have to put up points through the air to keep up. Our coaching staff is going to go 50/50 man and zone coverage and defend primarily against the medium routes (45%).

GO MEATBALLS!

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs COUGARS 4/5/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

After watching tape on the Cougars, they are tough to get a concrete pattern. For a human team, they have a ton of CPU players -- this should be a good match up for us overall.

Teams that have had success against them have done so running the ball as the Cougars' best human players are found in their secondary. Still, our WRs and TEs should be able to make some moves this week.

Offensively the Cougars have not stuck to a pattern. They rely on their HB who is average at best and have gotten most of their points off of turnovers. Defensively, we should be able to create a lot of pressure up the gut and our speedy LB corps will have a green light to blitz.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (52%)

The Glow and Just Win had an off week last week, but both are strong, capable runners. Our O-Line has improved greatly with Darin's Whale HGH hormone treatment. We should be able to pound the ball when we want to this week as the Cougars' front 7 is suspect. We are going to run inside 60% of the time and try the corners 40% of the time to take advantage of The Glow's speed.

Passing Attack: (48%)

Sloth has really come on lately and is showing a great long ball in practice. We also boast one of the deepest WR corps in the league as we have 5 top notch WRs. Even though the Cougars' have a strong secondary, our coaches believe that Sloth and the WRs will be able to make things happen in the passing game. As a result, we are going to try to really employ a vertical offense this week.

I still haven't seen the computer do many deep throws, so I amped up the settings to try to force a couple downfield to see what happens. Our exact breakdown will be: 12% short passes, 50% medium passes, 38% deep passes. This should result in some down field shots -- if not, it's a bug in the system. We have the talent to execute this attack, but we have to count on Sloth not to turn the ball over.

Most of the balls will go to our WRs (70%) but we'll also employ some double TE sets and find Brick and Greg over the middle (20%). The Glow, Wang and Win will also be targets out of the backfield (10%). Hopefully this will create the vertical attack we want.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (35%)

This is a big increase in our normal blitz package. With the evolution of Diesel last week on the outside, our coaches are confident our LBs can apply big time pressure. Part of this thinking also goes along with the fact that the Cougars have been difficult to get a pattern on. Rather than try to bend our Game Plan to them, we're going to impose our will this week by sending the house.

Rushing Defense: (51%)

The Cougars love to use their HB to make plays, but he might be the most overrated player at his position in the league. Their ground game is nothing to fear, and we should be able to make plays without having to commit too many men to the box.

We will defend 51% percent to the inside attack and 49% to the outside attack.

Passing Defense: (49%)

The Cougars can move the ball through the air but have shown reluctance to do so. Still, with our Offense employing a vertical game this weekend, the Cougars are going to have to put up points through the air to keep up. Our coaching staff is going to go 50/50 man and zone coverage and defend primarily against the medium routes (45%).

GO MEATBALLS!

Nice write up. I hear the dude's writing the remake of short circuit are looking for help with non-fiction. You In? <_<

Nice write up. I hear the dude's writing the remake of short circuit are looking for help with non-fiction. You In? ;)

Hahahaha!

It absolutely breaks my heart that they are re-writing that movie. It's raping my childhood. Though I guess Wall-E is already a Johnny Five rip off.

Argh ...

Though, if my agent called me today and said, "Hey, Greg, they want to give you 200k to do a Short Circuit draft" I would probably say yes. Does that make me a whore? <_<

Hahahaha!

It absolutely breaks my heart that they are re-writing that movie. It's raping my childhood. Though I guess Wall-E is already a Johnny Five rip off.

Argh ...

Though, if my agent called me today and said, "Hey, Greg, they want to give you 200k to do a Short Circuit draft" I would probably say yes. Does that make me a whore? <_<

Whore,

You have a great sense of Humor.

Signed

Mr Sarcastic. ;)

Make sure everyone levels up who can before the game. Try to get your Stamina up over 20 to raise EXP points faster (you'll be able to stay on the field longer).

Also, Mr. Groin, make sure you rest your player. Holdin is dead tired. To regain energy switch his training to relaxed.

Great win today! We finally got the deep ball working as Sloth and our WRs had a field day. Our Defense once again was led by Diesel and our great CB play. FDC was reportedly so pleased with his player's performance he gave away free hookers and blow to the first 500 fans he saw!

The Meatballs are on the cusp of making the playoffs ... we got some help today but need to keep winning to cement our spot. Wooohooo!

Congrats on the huge jump in the standings today.

Since it's a huge game coming up, here's an early scouting preview on the Bushy Park Badgers:

This team is all about offense. Over the past 6 games the Badgers are averaging 341 yards of offense per game. They approach offense with a throw first, throw second, throw third mentality. They have thrown the ball an average of 68 times in the past 6 games to just 19 rushing plays. Their offense was so unbalanced that during their 1 point loss to the Longnecks, they ran only 10 times and threw the ball 74 times for a whopping 332 yards.

However in todays game (a win), they broke pattern and ran the ball 30 times for 129 yards while throwing it 48 times for 173.

It's clear that our secondary is going to be tested this week. We're going to have to get after their QB and really disrupt their timing. We're also going to have to put up yards on offense against one of the better defensive units in the league.

The Badgers are 4-2 over the past 6 games. In their 4 wins, their defense has held their opponent to under 200 yards two times and under 300 twice. In both their losses, their D surrendered 333 and 355 yards respectively. In order to win, we're going to have to be over the 300 yard mark -- which means Sloth and our WRs/TEs are going to need another stellar game.

Players:

Make sure you set your training to relaxed or normal (only do normal if you're 82 energy or HIGHER) so you can get back to full strength. Also, those that can level up, do so and use all your points. Make sure you invest heavily in stamina so you can stay on the field longer and get more Experience Points.

For anyone else who hit level 8, remember you can buy new custom equipment (I think?) which will give you 8 additional skill points. Let me know who needs money to train as well.

Go Meatballs!

This is a must win game for the Meatballs. With only two conference games (and one non conference game) left, we are running out of time to secure a playoff spot. If we go 2-1 or 3-0 down the stretch we will be in no matter what.

But when we beat the 6th place Bushy Park Badgers tomorrow, it should catapult us into the 8th seed, and virtually guarantee us a spot.

So suit up, and get ready to kick some ass!!!

GAME PLAN: MEATBALLS vs BADGERS 4/7/08

SCOUTING REPORT:

The Badgers are all about offense. Behind Cash Money, their gaudy stat producing QB, and trio of excellent WRs, the Badger offense has averaged over 341 yards of offense for the past six games. 282 of those yards per game have come through the air. In fact, the Badgers are so pass happy, they AVERAGE over 68 passes PER GAME to just 19 rushes.

The high voltage offense has put up the yards in bunches and forced their opponents to air it out just to keep up. In the past six games, the Badgers have only lost twice. In each of those losses, their opponent had to put up over 330 yards of offense just to keep up.

With Sloth becoming the the highest rated Human QB in the conference, we are going to have to rely on him and our excellent WRs to play mistake free ball while airing it out. We can't ignore our rushing game either, but this should be an up tempo game with both offenses trying to go for the throat each possession.

The Badgers Defense has been solid, holding opponents to just 258 yards on average this season despite being led by mainly computer controlled players. Their two CBs are both level 8s and have terrorized WRs all season. However, our WR corps goes 5 deep, meaning that the Badger's LBs (equally good) will have to match up with James T Kirk and Jobu -- those are the matchups we have to exploit.

In order to win this week, our offense is going to have to put up points in bunches while our Defense creates some turnovers.

OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Rushing Attack: (48%)

Our dual headed RB threat had a great game last week as both combined for over 125 yards and a touchdown. We are going to rely on the duo to control the clock and pound the ball when our Defense needs a breather. By opening up the passing attack this week, we hope to keep the SS from drifting into the box and take advantage of some running lanes.

We will call 55% of our running plays to the inside this week and 45% to the edges.

Passing Attack: (52%)

Sloth finally hit some long balls last week against the Cougars and it really opened up our offense. With him leveling up to 8 this week, our coaches feel confident he can execute the high flying game plan we need to beat the Badgers tomorrow.

While the Badgers have two great CBs, they are slim on depth in the secondary. We feel that Banks and Smalls will draw plenty of attention allowing Jobu and Kirk to draw favorable match ups all game. To that end, we're going to call short routes 15% of the time, medium routes 50%, and throw the deep ball 35%.

Favoring our WRs 70% should guarantee Sloth finds some excellent match ups to exploit.

DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN

Blitz Package: (12%)

This is a big decrease in our Blitz package from last week. It comes in part because of the vertical game employed by the Badgers and in part because of the failure of our high Blitz package to generate sacks last week. We can't afford to have our LBs or SSs out of position this week against the dangerous Badger attack. Thus, the blitz will be used sparingly.

Rushing Defense: (40%)

While Badgers are averaging 68 passes to 19 rushes, they bucked the trend last week to shake off their losing streak. They went to the ground over 30 times and found success, which leads us to believe they may be employing a similar philosophy this week.

Still, our front 7 is fast enough to make up ground from their short zone drops, and our coaches suspect that Cash Money will get antsy and want to air the ball out more than run it. Thus, we're going to focus more on stopping the pass.

The Badgers have also shown no preference for inside or outside rushing plays, thus will will defend 50/50 against both.

Passing Defense: (60%)

The game will be won or lost by our secondary's ability to contain Stump and Cash Money. Our coaching staff has great confidence in White Onrice, Stickum, Money and Coltrane to call the majority of man packages (55%). This should allow our Safeties to ball hawk and make plays. The past two games our Safeties have really stepped it up and the addition of Onthe Pine should provide some needed safety depth.

45% of our packages will be Zone.

The Badgers work much like the Patriots and just try to pick apart defenses. They don't go deep that often. Thus, we'll defend 40% short routes, 45% medium, and 15% deep.

GO MEATBALLS!

Meatballs win!!!!

Sloth had a HUGE game as did our secret weapon, JOBU! Badgers just learned that it's very bad to steal Jobu's rum ...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=833888

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=834317

TE Greg harris had a great block on the second TD pass.

BTW, be sure to tell me when we have a new number 1 and 2 WR because in Slothrop's "tactics" I can name a favorite recieving threat and a second favorite.

TE Greg harris had a great block on the second TD pass.

BTW, be sure to tell me when we have a new number 1 and 2 WR because in Slothrop's "tactics" I can name a favorite recieving threat and a second favorite.

That's pretty cool ... didn't know that. Right now Smalls and Banks are the No 1 & 2. I don't think that will change as Kirk and Jobu are great in the slots and in relief.

Ok, what's the deal?

The past 3 games, all my defensive players have been having bad games.

I've been upping their stamina the past couple of levels, but it always seems like they're playing less and less.

For instance, my FS's plays went from around 50 to 28 this past week. He ended the game with 0's across the board in all stats.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so if someone would like to take a look at my guys, let me know where I should be investing stats and stuff to improve their play.

Ok, what's the deal?

The past 3 games, all my defensive players have been having bad games.

I've been upping their stamina the past couple of levels, but it always seems like they're playing less and less.

For instance, my FS's plays went from around 50 to 28 this past week. He ended the game with 0's across the board in all stats.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so if someone would like to take a look at my guys, let me know where I should be investing stats and stuff to improve their play.

Ask your coach on how much he has subbing turned up.