My yard is like a swamp

stevestojan

I know we'll have at least another freeze before "Spring", but right now, my yard is like a swamp. The fact that it is also my dogs restroom and its impossible to not miss a pile here and there its !@#$ing gross. Is there anything I can do? IS there a product I can use to dry the yard up? I have no standing water, just the ground is like mush.

Ideas?

IS there a product I can use to dry the yard up?

Yard Dry - they should sell it at Valu or Home Depot. It is a bit expensive (about $60 for a 5 gallon bucket) but you sprinkle a little of the stuff around your yard and it sucks the water up. One bucket should drain 2-3 inches from a small (50' x 50') yard.

I know we'll have at least another freeze before "Spring", but right now, my yard is like a swamp. The fact that it is also my dogs restroom and its impossible to not miss a pile here and there its !@#$ing gross. Is there anything I can do? IS there a product I can use to dry the yard up? I have no standing water, just the ground is like mush.

Ideas?

You're gonna have to lay drainage pipes that let out into your neigbors yard ... sureptisiously (sp?) of course.

Yard Dry - they should sell it at Valu or Home Depot. It is a bit expensive (about $60 for a 5 gallon bucket) but you sprinkle a little of the stuff around your yard and it sucks the water up. One bucket should drain 2-3 inches from a small (50' x 50') yard.

Oh, yes. Yard Dry (or is it Yard Dri) is the shizzle.

My brother had his cellphone in his pocket at was on a ride at Disney, a soaker ride...He got hammered with water (hilarious) and his phone was kaput. The guy at the store told him it was basically busted, but that my brother could try to pack it tightly in a tupperware container surrounded by dry rice, and the rice should suck the water out...Not guaranteeing that the phone will work again if the insides are damaged, but worth a try...Sure enough, my brother left his phone in rice for about a day, and then powered up, and it was fine...

So...I guess, sprinkle a few thousand pounds of Uncle Ben on your yard...

My brother had his cellphone in his pocket at was on a ride at Disney, a soaker ride...He got hammered with water (hilarious) and his phone was kaput. The guy at the store told him it was basically busted, but that my brother could try to pack it tightly in a tupperware container surrounded by dry rice, and the rice should suck the water out...Not guaranteeing that the phone will work again if the insides are damaged, but worth a try...Sure enough, my brother left his phone in rice for about a day, and then powered up, and it was fine...

That method always helped keep the cocaine dry. :thumbsup:

Ideas?

No, plant rice! It grows in swampy areas and the dog doo is a great fertilizer! Then sell it to the local grocery store and use the money to buy some Yard Dri!! :beer: Damn I'm smart!! :thumbsup:

No, plant rice! It grows in swampy areas and the dog doo is a great fertilizer! Then sell it to the local grocery store and use the money to buy some Yard Dri!! :beer: Damn I'm smart!! :thumbsup:

Now that is pure American ingenuity, I am impressed and second the motion