Ryan Clady

I seriously think we will draft him. He has a connection to the offensive line coach. It does not matter who the qb is. We need a qb to not lose the game. We need an offensive line that can fall forward for our rb's to gain positive yardage. We gained most of our rushing yardage running behind one side of our line. A balanced line would make a huge difference for our offense.

I seriously think we will draft him. He has a connection to the offensive line coach. It does not matter who the qb is. We need a qb to not lose the game. We need an offensive line that can fall forward for our rb's to gain positive yardage. We gained most of our rushing yardage running behind one side of our line. A balanced line would make a huge difference for our offense.

Clady's score of 13 in the Wonderlic Test should be concerning.

Wonderlic Results

Kugler may be OL coach, but I don't think he carries enough weight to help sway the front office into making OT the first pick.

3 Reasons why it'd be a back pick

1.If you have watched Clady you'd see he is a finesse tackle and doesn't mix it up with the running game. He can play RT in the ZBS but not in Buffalo.

2.Jason Peters plays LT so Clady will have to be a back-up

3.0% chance they move Peters to RT to move Walker to the bench or RG

Clady's score of 13 in the Wonderlic Test should be concerning.

Wonderlic Results

Kugler may be OL coach, but I don't think he carries enough weight to help sway the front office into making OT the first pick.

good find. I always find the Wonderlic scores interesting. I would take anyone with a score under 15 off my draft board. There are 50 questions of multiple choice. If you just guess you should be able to get a 12

good find. I always find the Wonderlic scores interesting. I would take anyone with a score under 15 off my draft board. There are 50 questions of multiple choice. If you just guess you should be able to get a 12

I believe PFT did a little blurb on just why this is a concern. No one's saying Clady is dumb. However, these players have time to practice tests, and if a potential first round pick isn't preparing for a test of mental aptitude, it makes one wonder if they'll study the playbook. Many of the top OT's scored double what Clady did.

As much as the NFL is built around physical abilities, the mental aspect of the game is increasingly important IMO. Smarts are becoming the deciding factor in whether a player is able to reach their potential or not.

Chris Williams from Vanderbilt scored in the 30s.

He could be a better option as a legitimate LT

I believe PFT did a little blurb on just why this is a concern. No one's saying Clady is dumb. However, these players have time to practice tests, and if a potential first round pick isn't preparing for a test of mental aptitude, it makes one wonder if they'll study the playbook. Many of the top OT's scored double what Clady did.

As much as the NFL is built around physical abilities, the mental aspect of the game is increasingly important IMO. Smarts are becoming the deciding factor in whether a player is able to reach their potential or not.

I strongly agree. The NFL is a chess game where you must be quick to diagnose and react. The offensive line is one of the most important positions to have brains, and historically they grade out near the top in the wonderlic. They must be able to study film, apply it to the game, look at a defensive formation and it's pre snap movements and determine who is blocking whom. Whomever is making line calls has got to be sharp and everyone on the line must understand their assignment. A 13 for Clady is gonna drop him on draft day. He might be there at 11. I wonder if teams will trade up for him if that is the case

Yeah because knowing questions about "train A leaves at this time, when will it arrive at destination B?" is more important than knowing football. Give me a break those tests are ridiculous. I really don't think that test demonstrates or equates to football knowledge.

Yeah because knowing questions about "train A leaves at this time, when will it arrive at destination B?" is more important than knowing football. Give me a break those tests are ridiculous. I really don't think that test demonstrates or equates to football knowledge.

have you ever taken a wonderlic test? The questions start off with stuff like "what time does this clock say?". A monkey could score a 12. I suspect the majority of people that score a 12 or lower are illiterate. So yes, that is important in the NFL.

Jason Peters our Left Tackle scored a 9 on the Wonderlic, so I wouldn't put too much stock into the theory that offensive lineman MUST score well on the wonderlic. So if you want to remove guys who score lower than a 15 on the Wonderlic it means you risk taking off guys who may be great football players.

Jason Peters our Left Tackle scored a 9 on the Wonderlic, so I wouldn't put too much stock into the theory that offensive lineman MUST score well on the wonderlic. So if you want to remove guys who score lower than a 15 on the Wonderlic it means you risk taking off guys who may be great football players.

It's hard to argue that Peters '9' on the Wonderlic helped his draft status, though.

JP took it twice. He scored a 31 and a 14.

Is he on or off your board now?

Well, he did have to pee the first time, you know.

Good excuse! :P

To be honest, I think that JP is probably smarter than the average person from hearing him speak. I don't think that is his problem.

As for OL, I think brains can matter but at the end of the day, I doubt that Orlando Pace spent much time studying for the LSATs, and he was the best I ever saw. :blink: