Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

He is in attendance at the first day of workouts. Look at all the !@#$s out there who are unhappy with their situation and use the media to bargain and leverage their no-shows as a badge of some display of courage. JP is not divisive..he is a team guy. In my mind this only enhances his trade value if that's the route we go and it shows me that he will be okay if we keep him.

We can trash him all we want for his play on the field...but he constantly shows me he is a mature, team-oriented player...I am glad he is still a Bill.

From Chris Brown:

LOSMAN IN ATTENDANCE: Buffalobills.com confirmed that QB J.P. Losman was in the building for the start of Buffalo's offseason program and did attend position meetings.

---

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in attendance at the first day of workouts. Look at all the !@#$s out there who are unhappy with their situation and use the media to bargain and leverage their no-shows as a badge of some display of courage. JP is not divisive..he is a team guy. In my mind this only enhances his trade value if that's the route we go and it shows me that he will be okay if we keep him.

We can trash him all we want for his play on the field...but he constantly shows me he is a mature, team-oriented player...I am glad he is still a Bill.

From Chris Brown:

LOSMAN IN ATTENDANCE: Buffalobills.com confirmed that QB J.P. Losman was in the building for the start of Buffalo's offseason program and did attend position meetings.

---

Wow, that says a lot about the kid. I really like JP and wish his on the field play was as strong as his character. I would love to see fight tooth and nail to get the job back. Even though I think Edwards is the man, you never know in this league.

This is gonna be fun. There's a thread of people bashing Edwards for showing up/not being in Buffalo before hand. The side by side comparison, when this thread reaches that should be amusing. All this stuff is overblown. It's great some people show up to workout. One would assume they'd work out regardless. Show up when it's mandatory, and be ready when its time to play.

Don't get me wrong.....your point is taken.

Now, he makes millions of dollars to show up to his job, but your point is taken.

He does get paid-- no question Bill-- and I am far from a believer that he is a QB who could lead the team to the playoffs--but he does the right thing, not the easy thing, every time he is faced with one of these choices. I really respect him for this.

Don't get me wrong.....your point is taken.

Now, he makes millions of dollars to show up to his job, but your point is taken.

Don't get me wrong...is the offseason conditioning program mandatory?

Don't get me wrong...is the offseason conditioning program mandatory?

Who cares? He stunk for the better part of 4 years. Now, he has a chance to keep himself in shape and perhaps get some money from another team.

I am glad he came in, I really am. But, if you are expecting me to be hitting the bass drum in a parade because he is in town, it isn't likely. That's all. :lol:

Personally JP is my favorite player and has been since we drafted him i just wish all our previous coaches wouldnt have screwed his career and i love that he still shows up to work and personally i wouldnt mind seeing an all out competition in camp and JP wins it because he deserves it

And it's still sad you constantly feel the need to take shots at him.

You are probably correct. What is worse is when posters blast our starting quarterback. You know, I thought it was stupid to get rid of Bledsoe and hand Losman the job. The thing is, I was cheering for him. The number of people pining away for this subpar player is nauseating.

Seriously, Trent is the starter. He looked good for a rookie. We need to hope for good things from him if we truly want the Bills to win. I would rather do that than play that same, tired serenade for a kid who, for whatever reason, failed to play well for the Buffalo Bills.

Brother, does this even make a shred of sense to you? :lol:

Who cares? He stunk for the better part of 4 years. Now, he has a chance to keep himself in shape and perhaps get some money from another team.

I am glad he came in, I really am. But, if you are expecting me to be hitting the bass drum in a parade because he is in town, it isn't likely. That's all. :lol:

I believe a "rolling eyes" gesture is more appropriately directed at you for voluntarily posting in this thread in the first place. Nobody shouted "strike up the band" -- the original poster simply commented that for all of his apparent shortcomings, JP still believes in being a part of the team when many "grown-up" athletes would collect their millions from home.

You're beating a drum, alright, Bill -- it's deafening.

I believe a "rolling eyes" gesture is more appropriately directed at you for voluntarily posting in this thread in the first place. Nobody shouted "strike up the band" -- the original poster simply commented that for all of his apparent shortcomings, JP still believes in being a part of the team when many "grown-up" athletes would collect their millions from home.

You're beating a drum, alright, Bill -- it's deafening.

Yeah, whatever. Excuse me.

All right, the "bass drum" thing was a bit much. How about we have him sit and pose for a sculpture or a statue? :lol:

You are probably correct. What is worse is when posters blast our starting quarterback. You know, I thought it was stupid to get rid of Bledsoe and hand Losman the job. The thing is, I was cheering for him. The number of people pining away for this subpar player is nauseating.

Seriously, Trent is the starter. He looked good for a rookie. We need to hope for good things from him if we truly want the Bills to win. I would rather do that than play that same, tired serenade for a kid who, for whatever reason, failed to play well for the Buffalo Bills.

Brother, does this even make a shred of sense to you? :)

Criticizing Trent does not automatically mean that one wants JP to start. Trent gave everyone a lot to criticize with his abysmal performances over the last 3 weeks of the season.

As a corollary, thinking Trent has a lot to prove does not mean that one thinks he should NOT be starting. He needs to do a lot of improving, but he still should be starting this season.

But Bill, when JP was the starter did you ever call for his head?

Not right away. I was at RWS cheering when he won his first game. I wanted him to be good. There, that is the difference. I wanted him to be a good quarterback because I care more about the Bills/WNY/NYS than I do about any 1 individual player.

Besides, Trent is already doing things that JP will probably never be good at after what, 9 games?

Yeah, whatever. Excuse me.

All right, the "bass drum" thing was a bit much. How about we have him sit and pose for a sculpture or a statue? :)

Go ahead and ignore the point. The original poster didn't clamor for JP to start or even play, and you chose to take a swipe anyway. You're the one with the obsession.