We will NOT take a Wr

And here (in my opion) is why:

1. Were trying to build a legit team...cheap. If we grap a potential #2 receiver AND pay him first round money we then just up the ante for aurguably the most talented player we have (Evans) whose in a contrat year. Why cost ourselves more money? This point is only further emphasised by the fact that the draft is full of WRs that I think the FO is eyeing up and could easily get in the 2nd.

2. We seem to be tracking toward an NFC type smash mounth defense, run the ball, and let everything else happen after that. So if we do have a hard-on for a stud cornerback, we'll grab him in the first round because as pointed out in #1 we want to build cheap. And with contracts like Hall's and Nate's (what? 130 mil between?) we'll never get a quality CB in free angency.

3. If you've ever gone back and looked, the draft NEVER seems to go as all of us pronosicators think. And damn everyone has us taking Kelly in the first.

Not that I want this to happen I just have this gut feeling.....(and I have a pretty big gut)

Somebody help me out here.

1. Wrong. Last year 11th pick got this.

A five-year, $16.655 million contract. The deal includes $12 million in guarantees. 2008: $370,000, 2009: $500,000, 2010: $760,000, 2011: $900,000, 2012: $900,000 (Voidable Year), 2013: Free Agent

Wow, that's a lot.......not

Who will be there in the 2nd? Sweed, Kelly, Thomas, Hardy will all be gone.

2. So after 5 years he's gone cuz we don't want to pay up? We can get Flowers/Cason in the 2nd

3. IDK don't look at this place a lot but a lot of places have us taking a CB or DE now

five-year, $16.655 million contract. The deal includes $12 million in guarantees. 2008: $370,000, 2009: $500,000, 2010: $760,000, 2011: $900,000, 2012: $900,000 (Voidable Year), 2013: Free Agent

Wow, that's a lot.......not

>>>wow..your like rain man!

K-Mart sucks.

1. Were trying to build a legit team...cheap. If we grap a potential #2 receiver AND pay him first round money we then just up the ante for aurguably the most talented player we have (Evans) whose in a contrat year. Why cost ourselves more money? This point is only further emphasised by the fact that the draft is full of WRs that I think the FO is eyeing up and could easily get in the 2nd.

2. We seem to be tracking toward an NFC type smash mounth defense, run the ball, and let everything else happen after that. So if we do have a hard-on for a stud cornerback, we'll grab him in the first round because as pointed out in #1 we want to build cheap. And with contracts like Hall's and Nate's (what? 130 mil between?) we'll never get a quality CB in free angency.

3. If you've ever gone back and looked, the draft NEVER seems to go as all of us pronosicators think. And damn everyone has us taking Kelly in the first.

Not that I want this to happen I just have this gut feeling.....(and I have a pretty big gut)

I'm in support of your theories. If we spend the money on a wide receiver with our first pick and don't re-sign Evans then we're right back to where we started. When you stated that we are building a smashmouth defense, I also noticed that ALL of the players that we have recently been signing have been much bigger players than their predecessors.

Our offense is pretty stable. We are missing a #2 WR and a better pass catching TE. Both can be taken with early-to-mid rd picks. People don't seem to remember that we used our #1 pick on Marshawn last year. Let's let the guy play. In addition to our offensive ineptness last year, let's also keep in mind that we were playing with a newly formed offensive line, a rookie RB and playing with two QBs, one a rookie and the other one who is an incumbent, that seemed to not be able to stay healthy.

Actually, the way the Bills seem to talk about how they are managing their budget in the cash to cap mode would actually under cut Evans demand for salary if they drafted a WR at #1. The Bills appear to be budgeting with a gross amount devoted to each position.

If a newly drafted WR takes money out of the pool we are going to spend on WR, this means we will have less money to spend on Evans as we will not exceed laying out money in a particular year above the amount of the salary cap. Any new WE we draft (particularly if he is a 1st rounder) immediately enters the competition with Evans and the WRs to prove themselves with receptions and TDs to develop a chemistry with the QB to become the go-to guy.

if the Bills draft 2 WRs as has been proposed by some (I would like it because I want to see us develop a more wide open offense) it actually probably sends a sign that the Bills will be controlling expenses by letting Evans walk and not resign him to a big deal at all.

In fact, given that the Bills are clearly cleaning house of TD acquired players, that they are likely done with JP (who Evans vocally supported) the likelihood would seem to be they might go two WRs in this draft as they seek to build the Edwards offense and Evans rather than having his signing price driven up by drafting a WR might in fact have his time as a Bill essentially ended by drafting two WRs high in the draft.

Actually, the way the Bills seem to talk about how they are managing their budget in the cash to cap mode would actually under cut Evans demand for salary if they drafted a WR at #1. The Bills appear to be budgeting with a gross amount devoted to each position.

If a newly drafted WR takes money out of the pool we are going to spend on WR, this means we will have less money to spend on Evans as we will not exceed laying out money in a particular year above the amount of the salary cap. Any new WE we draft (particularly if he is a 1st rounder) immediately enters the competition with Evans and the WRs to prove themselves with receptions and TDs to develop a chemistry with the QB to become the go-to guy.

if the Bills draft 2 WRs as has been proposed by some (I would like it because I want to see us develop a more wide open offense) it actually probably sends a sign that the Bills will be controlling expenses by letting Evans walk and not resign him to a big deal at all.

In fact, given that the Bills are clearly cleaning house of TD acquired players, that they are likely done with JP (who Evans vocally supported) the likelihood would seem to be they might go two WRs in this draft as they seek to build the Edwards offense and Evans rather than having his signing price driven up by drafting a WR might in fact have his time as a Bill essentially ended by drafting two WRs high in the draft.

I'm with you on your point but I'd be worried if we had 2 rookies and a bunch of 5' 10" 3rd year guys.

I would'nt put it past this club though.......I dont think we will ever see Dick introduce one of his quaterbacks into Canton.

ppl seem to forget here that we're looking for a #2 wr not a #1...so we can get a good #2 in the 2nd round and a TE in the 3rd...I agree if we go after a WR in 1st it might intimidate Evans and make it harder to work out a deal with him..if thats going to happen than we better get a potential #1 WR at #11 and grab a #2 WR in the 2nd or 3rd...I honestly think Bills go best player available with #11 and go for WR in 2nd and TE with 3rd

I think with the last two drafts being a bit unpredictable, this current front office (minus Marv) could go with many options in the 1st including trading down, but that is not as easy as some may hope...

But I will say this... WR, at least so far in this draft, is said to be a deep position... While a great player in many positions may fall (my dream is Sedrick Ellis :lol: ) I think this front office might consider LB if the right guy falls... Crowell is an UFA next offseason and Digiorgio and Ellison are RFAs as well....

But, there are other positions to worry about based on next year's free agents... Preston and Fowler are UFAs, so C/G could be a consideration early in the draft, but probably not at 11...

ppl seem to forget here that we're looking for a #2 wr not a #1...so we can get a good #2 in the 2nd round and a TE in the 3rd...I agree if we go after a WR in 1st it might intimidate Evans and make it harder to work out a deal with him..if thats going to happen than we better get a potential #1 WR at #11 and grab a #2 WR in the 2nd or 3rd...I honestly think Bills go best player available with #11 and go for WR in 2nd and TE with 3rd

We need DE,WR,CB,TE......with the first priority being DE because its easier to get quality WRs in later rounds than the first and we only really need a #2. DE= fastest path to the SB.

2. We seem to be tracking toward an NFC type smash mounth defense, run the ball, and let everything else happen after that. So if we do have a hard-on for a stud cornerback, we'll grab him in the first round

Good point. I can't think of one better way to build a smashmouth team than to use a #11 pick on a 190 poind cornerback.

1. We are unlegit at wr. Kelly, Sweed, Hardy, and Thomas are 2 legit, 2 legit to quit! They will be gone by the end of rd1. And that wouldn't be very legit. it would be unlegit to draft any position not called wr in the first rd. The money is just right. Lee and Roscoe can stay. And I'm almost positive that Lee will not sign a contract until there is another wr threat. It isn't very fun playing football when they put 2-3 guys on you every play. He isn't having fun. Will not re-sign YET.

2. I completely disagree with the direction you see the team going. I have been thinking that Buffalo is copying the mold of Indianapolis ever since Marv came. Its clear that Ralph Wilson envies what Bill Polian has accomplished over there. Money structure will look very similar in 3 years, it takes 5 to completely transform the salary structure. The Bills run the same defense. They were a top 3 defense all year and they have a very similar defense to us. We have McGee and Greer who draw praise from Chad Johnson and TO so they must be at least ok. Then we added Will James who can play bigger wr and excells in press coverage and understands the nickel role. Youboty may surprise some people. I believe in the kid! Love George Wilson! Ko can still be very good. Whitner and Scott are solid and durable.

3. If you really want to see an improvement in the win column, We need to improve the Huge holes first. Seems a bit ticky tacky to want to improve a position where we had a hard working and plenty fast enough undrafted free agent work his asz off, add 15 lbs of muscle, and outright win the cb spot. Then he shuts down everybody that doesn't already know the coverage(Pats wr) and half the fan base wants him out. I like him, obviously. Now, the wr, te, fb?, HUGE holes.

I don't think that these workout warrior wr ever pan out. Its the slow productive guys that sometimes fall and produce. I think Get the best, or Lee is gone. raaaar :lol: I really want the draft to come. Its one of my favorite days...

I agree with you 100%

Our priority will be and should be to re-sign Evans and then draft maybe a WR in the second or third. As another poster mentioned, we're in the market for a #2 WR, not another #1. And it's not wise to tie up so much money in one position.

I'm not sure we'll go corner in the first (my preference would be to go DT if there's a stud at #11--to make our d-line rotation nasty)--but the best bang for your buck in the 1st round is at CB. You get a guy who can start immediately and at a price that is dramatically less than a similar talent found via FA.

I think we've positioned ourselves to draft the best available--which is a great feeling--and perhaps with an option to trade up or down to get a particular guy.

I agree with you 100%

Our priority will be and should be to re-sign Evans and then draft maybe a WR in the second or third. As another poster mentioned, we're in the market for a #2 WR, not another #1. And it's not wise to tie up so much money in one position.

I'm not sure we'll go corner in the first (my preference would be to go DT if there's a stud at #11--to make our d-line rotation nasty)--but the best bang for your buck in the 1st round is at CB. You get a guy who can start immediately and at a price that is dramatically less than a similar talent found via FA.

I think we've positioned ourselves to draft the best available--which is a great feeling--and perhaps with an option to trade up or down to get a particular guy.

Problem is, Evans isn't gonna sign. He is sick of double teams EVERY play. With no top threat at WR, it like this Double Lee, 8 in the box, our offense stops