DE Derrick Harvey's Pro Day at UF.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a couple of his games this year. He was dominant, but he looked so thin. His combine numbers had him at like 6'5 270 so maybe he is better built then he appeared.

Off the top of my head I know that I read somewheres that he added a few pounds of muscle. I just can't look it up right now because I have to go to work. I remember that Bruce pretty much played in around the 268 lb weight. I wouldn't worry too much about Harvey, his upside is huge. I live in SW Florida and they love this guy down here.

While they do need a pass rusher and I think they will draft a DE, I just don't see it happening in R1. The Bills already have three 2nd round picks and about $85 million tied up in Kelsay, Schobel and Denney over the course of the next several seasons. I can't see them burning a high 1st rounder on another DE and adding yet another $20-25M to the outlay at the position over the next 5 or 6 years.

While they do need a pass rusher and I think they will draft a DE, I just don't see it happening in R1. The Bills already have three 2nd round picks and about $85 million tied up in Kelsay, Schobel and Denney over the course of the next several seasons. I can't see them burning a high 1st rounder on another DE and adding yet another $20-25M to the outlay at the position over the next 5 or 6 years.

Who says if we draft Harvey we're going to keep Kelsay, or even Denney? If Harvey is drafted by us and is the real deal, I'm sure Kelsay is gonna go bye-bye.

Off the top of my head I know that I read somewheres that he added a few pounds of muscle. I just can't look it up right now because I have to go to work. I remember that Bruce pretty much played in around the 268 lb weight. I wouldn't worry too much about Harvey, his upside is huge. I live in SW Florida and they love this guy down here.

I don't think that is true. They always listed Bruce at like 275lbs, but he later admitted he really played at like 230lbs often. So did Charles Haley.

Who says if we draft Harvey we're going to keep Kelsay, or even Denney? If Harvey is drafted by us and is the real deal, I'm sure Kelsay is gonna go bye-bye.

That's always a possibility.

However, that day has not arrived as of yet and until it does, it is a reasonable assumption that they will not select another one in R1. There is no evidence that the Bills have an interest in disposing of Kelsay or Denney.

I'd say Denny could be the odd man out if we were to cut anybody. But you gotta remember, he's already 32 and only has a year or two left under contract anyways. Harvey could make our defense relentless.............

Denney doesn't turn 31 for a few more months and is only three months older than Aaron Schobel. Not that I think he's going anywhere, mind you. He's not particularly expensive to keep around and plays a solid overall game. He's under contract through 2009.

In

Even though DE isn't the greatest area of need I'm a big believer in taking the best player available and that guy would definitely qualify at 11. Unfortunately I doubt he'll be there.

I agree, especially this is year 3 of the rebuilding process. Although I full expect the team to make a run at the wildcard they are not ready for the SB. I would rather have a stud DE then a complimentory WR. That being said if the Bills have a DE and WR rated close together you have to take care of the bigger need which is WR. Always grab BPA.

Sooooo, we should remain mediocre at the position?