Anybody Concerned...

Definetly a strong department for us the past few seasons. I know that bobby april has a lot to do with that, and our returners are pretty much set..but the kick and punt coverage teams. Now as much as it didn't pain me to see coy wire get cut, he was a solid special teamer. Also i'd love to see the bills re-sign stamer and haggan. In all honesty how much would it cost to sign them back? Like I said , im sure bobby april has a lot to do with there success. and finding replacements probably wouldn't be difficult ( the draft and current roster players ) but the loses of sam aiken, coy wire, and stamer and haggan theres 4 solid special team performers..are we to assume our ST's will be as good as they have been even with the loses of 4 key contributors? maybe bobby april is that good?

I've been losing hours upon hours of sleep over this very issue. Can't concentrate at work, don't spend quality time with my wife...it's really starting to get me down.

God I hope the ST are okay this year.

the loses of sam aiken, coy wire, and stamer and haggan theres 4 solid special team performers..

Getting younger, faster, cheaper...

.....................Age........ 2007 Salary

Josh Stamer.....30..........$595,000

Coy Wire..........29.......$1,650,000

Mario Haggan...28..........$675,000

Sam Aiken........27..........$650,000

On coverage units, Wendling, Jenkins, Pizza Man and Ellison all made significant contributions on Teams last year. Greer and Jenkins did a really good job as gunners on punt coverage

Whittle is captain of the wedge team on KO returns

We still have two of the best returners in football in McGee and Parrish

We still have two of the best legs in football in Moorman and Lindell

May need to address LS --

Also--I think Haggan will be back...

So no--not really worried

On coverage units, Wendling, Jenkins, Pizza Man and Ellison all made significant contributions on Teams last year. Greer and Jenkins did a really good job as gunners on punt coverage

Nice call with long snapper. I haven't really thought about it much, but my confidence level in Neill - like most Bills fans - isn't very high. I will give Neill credit for getting down field and making plays. He's better at that than Schneck, Dorenbros and Albright were. But I think we should look at picking up a long snapper with a late round pick.

I full belive a sixth round pick is worth it for a guy who makes a living out of long snapping, not a guy who is looking for any way to make it in the NFL, like Neill.

I'd be very surprised if those cuts weren't first at least run by Bobby April, who's the Asst HC in addition to ST.

Wire & Haggan might be considered losses, but then again, Wire was out for much of the year and we held up pretty well. And you have to reload your backups every now and then --- 'dem's breaks. Wendling and Fox had a couple of nice stops on K/PRs late in the season, iirc.

Definetly a strong department for us the past few seasons. I know that bobby april has a lot to do with that, and our returners are pretty much set..but the kick and punt coverage teams. Now as much as it didn't pain me to see coy wire get cut, he was a solid special teamer. Also i'd love to see the bills re-sign stamer and haggan. In all honesty how much would it cost to sign them back? Like I said , im sure bobby april has a lot to do with there success. and finding replacements probably wouldn't be difficult ( the draft and current roster players ) but the loses of sam aiken, coy wire, and stamer and haggan theres 4 solid special team performers..are we to assume our ST's will be as good as they have been even with the loses of 4 key contributors? maybe bobby april is that good?

The thing is...it seems to me that we had so many guys starting due to injuries that should have just been playing special teams that we may actually be really good in that area this next year.......

I didnt think our ST's were as good last year as they had been in the year previously......maybe that is just my perception.

nice post :thumbsup:

Losing Whittle hurt our wedge as well so him being back will be a plus. Before Whittle, Justin Bannan was very good on the wedge too. Like I said, I'd like to see Haggen back for sure and Stamer would be nice also, but the draft should provide a few new guys to round the unit out.

I'd have to think April has it under control. I really wanted us to keep Andre Davis last year after he was a terror on ST in 2006. But last year, Justin Jenkins and Wendling looked very good to me by the end of the year. Gaining Mitchell and Poz as starters, and having Pizza Man and Ellison on ST more will also help a lot. I'm not at all worried until I see a noticeable dropoff.

Outside of the long snapper. That move I never understood and still don't.

I was hoping to get Kelley Washington, someone with some potential as a wr, and a fantastic st's player to replace Sam Aiken. Who offered nothing as wr, but was a fantastic st's player. Ne of course ends up with btoh of them. On the bright side Justin Jenkins and Wendling looked pretty good last year. With Ellison & Digorgio back in backup roles. They should contribute to st's as well. As well as hopefuly avoiding that nasty injury bug of this past season.