Limus Sweed is my guy

Sweed, Kelly, Hardy.....................We can just hope that the choice they make is the right one. I've also heard rumors of trading down and drafting Thomas from Michigan St. Lord knows, I hope our front office doesn't pull a "Donahoe" this year. :)

Im hoping we draft limas sweed myself...but knowing the bills history and them not usually taking the guy projected. what are the odds they're eyeing devin thomas because of his experience in cold weather games? not to say that playing in cold weather games takes the place of the most decorated reciever out there..but how much of that do you think the bills brass is taking into consideration?

Im hoping we draft limas sweed myself...but knowing the bills history and them not usually taking the guy projected. what are the odds they're eyeing devin thomas because of his experience in cold weather games? not to say that playing in cold weather games takes the place of the most decorated reciever out there..but how much of that do you think the bills brass is taking into consideration?

I worry about Devin Thomas' late rise up the draft boards and fan support here at TSW. Here you have a guy like Sweed who has been bringing it for years at the highest level of college competition while fans and media are trying to find things to downgrade him on, then you have a one year wonder guy like Thomas who was a JUCO transfer that had only one very good season at the highest college level college. Why is it that fans and media try to outthink themselves like that? Isn't that what got the Eagles in trouble with them selecting Mike Mamula? I see that the Bills have interest in Thomas and them potentially falling in love with numbers rather than something that's been tried and true for years like Sweed. I like Sweed much better than I do Thomas, sorry but I'm not as swayed by 40 numbers. Hopefully the Bills are just trying to throw teams off the scent of what they're going to do.

I worry about Devin Thomas' late rise up the draft boards and fan support here at TSW. Here you have a guy like Sweed who has been bringing it for years at the highest level of college competition while fans and media are trying to find things to downgrade him on, then you have a one year wonder guy like Thomas who was a JUCO transfer that had only one very good season at the highest college level college. Why is it that fans and media try to outthink themselves like that? Isn't that what got the Eagles in trouble with them selecting Mike Mamula? I see that the Bills have interest in Thomas and them potentially falling in love with numbers rather than something that's been tried and true for years like Sweed. I like Sweed much better than I do Thomas, sorry but I'm not as swayed by 40 numbers. Hopefully the Bills are just trying to throw teams off the scent of what they're going to do.

couldn't agree more

what cold weather games?

Their season is essentially over by Thanksgiving and they play bowl games in the South or in domes.

what cold weather games?

Their season is essentially over by Thanksgiving and they play bowl games in the South or in domes.

Just assuming I guess...michigan being closer to buffalo then texas and oklahoma..wasn't really trying to put much into it. just a thought

"Its not what you do while people are watching....its what you do when they are NOT watching"

Sweed is my guy

Wow, maybe I'll just start throwing around old quotes that everybody uses, and then I'll have more followers.

I'm glad that you didn't decide who you liked best by reading what they can do or watching them play, you'd be a great hockey GM.

Wow, maybe I'll just start throwing around old quotes that everybody uses, and then I'll have more followers.

I'm glad that you didn't decide who you liked best by reading what they can do or watching them play, you'd be a great hockey GM.

Are you assuming that I have never watched Limus Sweed play.....that is a BIG assumption on your part and yes you would be wrong.

On the flip side, Tom Modrak does not have a history of getting caught up in combine/workout warriors so it is not a concern. I think Thomas is intriguing because he is thick bodied which is helpful in walling off the defenders when catching a ball.

Are you assuming that I have never watched Limus Sweed play.....that is a BIG assumption on your part and yes you would be wrong.

I'm not assuming anything. I know for a fact, because you said it, that your final decision was not made by how good he is on the field, it was made by him saying a quote.

a one armed WR is probably as good a pick as one leg RB. :thumbsup:

Sweed lost an arm? I thought it was a wrist injury that is almost completely healed. These guys are freaks. Not just in the combine numbers, but in the speed in which they heal from injuries. If the Bills doctors examine him and give thumbs up, that means a lot more to me then what I read on a message board

I'm not assuming anything. I know for a fact, because you said it, that your final decision was not made by how good he is on the field, it was made by him saying a quote.

That is one of the most foolish things I have heard anyone say on this board for a while....and pretty thick headed on top of that....I just TOLD you that I have also watched Sweed play on top of the quote (not to mention that there are several reports that this is a humble and hard working kid)

That is one of the most foolish things I have heard anyone say on this board for a while....and pretty thick headed on top of that....I just TOLD you that I have also watched Sweed play on top of the quote (not to mention that there are several reports that this is a humble and hard working kid)

So if you were the GM, you would pick Sweed and give him millions of dollars because he regurgitated a quote that's been around for years? And I'M thick headed? Lol okay man.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a dick. I realize there are many different WR prospects, and they all could be considered equal, so anything might tip the scales. I just don't think one quote should be the deciding factor, that's all.

Sweed lost an arm? I thought it was a wrist injury that is almost completely healed. These guys are freaks. Not just in the combine numbers, but in the speed in which they heal from injuries. If the Bills doctors examine him and give thumbs up, that means a lot more to me then what I read on a message board

Sweed was impacted by the wrist for most of the 2007 season.

He has not proven on the field that he will ever fully recover.

A WR with a bad hand is useless.

Any super speedy recovery is probably being fueled by streroids and HGH - which puts him at further risk of missing time due to suspension if he keeps using or vastly diminished performance if he gets off the juice.

So if you were the GM, you would pick Sweed and give him millions of dollars because he regurgitated a quote that's been around for years? And I'M thick headed? Lol okay man.

Hey, I'm not trying to be a dick. I realize there are many different WR prospects, and they all could be considered equal, so anything might tip the scales. I just don't think one quote should be the deciding factor, that's all.

He'd pick Sweed because he'll be a much better pro than Thomas. Limas Sweed looks like he's got serious pro skills, Thomas looks like a guy that became a potential first rounder only after running a fast 40 time. The Bills would be fools to draft Thomas over Sweed or Kelly.

I also am not trying to be a dick....but I had previously said that I have followed Limus Sweed's performance in college along with Malcom Kelly and Hardy (I did not follow the Michigan state WR much)

I already liked Sweed......he is in a top college program going against top competition......he fits the prototype for what we are looking for......and all reports say he is a good locker room guy AND a hard worker and the work dedication is the thing that will be needed most at the next level.

I saw a video of him at the athletic performance in Arizona before the combine and that was his parting comment.....

I believe he was sincere.

Any super speedy recovery is probably being fueled by streroids and HGH - which puts him at further risk of missing time due to suspension if he keeps using or vastly diminished performance if he gets off the juice.

You've posted a lot of dumb sh-- throughout the years, but this might take the cake.

I also am not trying to be a dick....but I had previously said that I have followed Limus Sweed's performance in college along with Malcom Kelly and Hardy (I did not follow the Michigan state WR much)

I already liked Sweed......he is in a top college program going against top competition......he fits the prototype for what we are looking for......and all reports say he is a good locker room guy AND a hard worker and the work dedication is the thing that will be needed most at the next level.

I saw a video of him at the athletic performance in Arizona before the combine and that was his parting comment.....

I believe he was sincere.

Okay. Well, my point is, it sounds like THAT should be the reason you want Sweed over the others. Because you have followed the receivers, he is at a top program with top competition, and you believe he is a hard worker and good locker room guy.

The original post makes it seem as though you just read the board, and you decided to choose Sweed because he said something once that you like. You know what I mean? I guess what I'm saying is, all those other things is what should have put Sweed over the top for you, not because of that dumb quote. It doesn't make him any better of a football player. Everyone is coached on what to say, Ryan Leaf included. But it sounds like you have all the info that you need to justify your opinion, I just think the thread title is a little misleading though.

Oh... and I guess I'm nitpicking lol.

You've posted a lot of dumb sh-- throughout the years, but this might take the cake.

Figures it would go over your head

Bodies heal at a pretty consistent rate.

The poster contends that "these guys are freaks who recover fast".

Any major acceleration to the heawling process is being promoted by outside additives.

Figures it would go over your head

Bodies heal at a pretty consistent rate.

The poster contends that "these guys are freaks who recover fast".

Any major acceleration to the heawling process is being promoted by outside additives.

Maybe your brain needs to "heawl" with some outside additives

/Ramius

(Sorry, just looked like fun :lol: )

alright- you swayed me. You are much more knowledgeable then the Bills doctors! :lol: