In a perfect world

Got_Wood

This is my off the wall idea of the day. This could only happen in a perfect world...

Bills send #11 pick, JP Losman, and our 2009 4th rounder to Kansas City for the Chiefs #5 pick.

Trade Chris Kelsay to Philadelphia for Lito Sheppard.

Buffalo Draft:

1. Vernon Gholston, DE

2. Devin Thomas, WR

3. Dustin Keller, TE

4. Owen Shmidtt, FB

5. Jamey Richard, C

I would love to steal Gholston right from out in front of the Jets.

And then pigs will fly...

This is my off the wall idea of the day. This could only happen in a perfect world...

Bills send #11 pick, JP Losman, and our 2009 4th rounder to Kansas City for the Chiefs #5 pick.

Buffalo Draft:

1. Vernon Gholston, DE

2. Devin Thomas, WR

3. Dustin Keller, TE

4. Owen Shmidtt, FB

5. Jamey Richard, C

Ya know that is the least far fetched offseason ive seen. Wont happen but actually makes sense for all teams

I would also add...

- Re-sign Lee Evans to a 5 year $25 mil deal with incentives in there to earn up to $7 mil per year

- Feed Trent Edwards protein shakes 3 times daily to make sure he is healthy and injury free in '08

It's not far fetched because the Kansas City Chiefs had a full contingent at the workout for Matt Ryan today. They need a QB, and J.P. Losman might start looking good, say, around April 25th (day before the draft). If the Bills could pull this off, they are legitimate contenders next year, with Gholston, Thomas, Keller, and Schmitt in Bills' uniforms. Awesome scenario in my mind!!

Buffalo Draft:

1. Vernon Gholston, DE

2. Devin Thomas, WR

3. Dustin Keller, TE

4. Owen Shmidtt, FB

5. Jamey Richard, C

Actually I would trade down (and I keep pressing the issue) to Dallas and take both their 1st round picks.

Buffalo Draft:

1. Vernon Gholston, DE

2. Devin Thomas, WR

3. Dustin Keller, TE

4. Owen Shmidtt, FB

5. Jamey Richard, C

ill tell ya, this is borderline perfect. i like every single move you made here. re-signing evans would be the only thing you didnt mention. send your resume to one bills drive.

Actually I would trade down (and I keep pressing the issue) to Dallas and take both their 1st round picks.

Dallas is enamored with McFadden and he'll be long gone by the time the Bills pick. If Buffalo could trade up to KC's pick he could still be on the board and then Buffalo could work a trade with Dallas for their two picks.

BTW, that trade scenario does make sense.

Dallas is enamored with McFadden and he'll be long gone by the time the Bills pick. If Buffalo could trade up to KC's pick he could still be on the board and then Buffalo could work a trade with Dallas for their two picks.

I'm curious to know what we would have to trade in order to do that.

If Dallas wants to move up and KC is willing to move down, why wouldn't KC and Dallas just work out a trade? What would be the incentive for adding Buffalo into the mix (unless KC just wanted to drop from 5 to 11 and not further down)?

Buffalo Draft:

1. Vernon Gholston, DE

2. Devin Thomas, WR

3. Dustin Keller, TE

4. Owen Shmidtt, FB

5. Jamey Richard, C

Normally I hate people's sort of whacky offseason ideas. This one, however, is actually pretty freaking awesome. I, however, do not believe that Lito Shepard is worth Chris Kelsay. Yeah, I said it. Chris Kelsay doesn't have injury issues and would cause us to take a massive cap hit that we really don't need. Your draft suggestion, however, is phenomenal. If Buffalo did this, we could take care of all our needs and be in even better position on defense. Plus screwing over the Jets would be awesome. Only problem then becomes our need to find a decent backup QB. Any suggestions? And don't say Joey Harrington.

If Dallas wants to move up and KC is willing to move down, why wouldn't KC and Dallas just work out a trade? What would be the incentive for adding Buffalo into the mix (unless KC just wanted to drop from 5 to 11 and not further down)?

Losman I guess... If Kansas City dropped from 5 to 11, My guess is that they could still grab Jeff Otah who some analysts are predicting the pick be at 5. My guess is that it would take a lot more than Losman and a future 4th to move up to 5. More Like Losman and two thirds or Losman and a conditional pick of sorts.

Losman I guess... If Kansas City dropped from 5 to 11, My guess is that they could still grab Jeff Otah who some analysts are predicting the pick be at 5. My guess is that it would take a lot more than Losman and a future 4th to move up to 5. More Like Losman and two thirds or Losman and a conditional pick of sorts.

You really think moving up 6 spots is worth our 11th pick, Losman and two 3rd rounders??? Nah. Maybe one future 3rd. Not two.

The 11th pick is still very high, and KC would get potentially a starting QB and Offensive Tackle out of this trade. And that doesn't include the additional 3rd or 4th rounder we throw in.

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I actually like Kelsay also. He made some huge plays for us last season. I just think that we need a big nasty guy like Gholston to put fear into opposing QB's. Kelsay is very similar to Schobel, only doesn't get to the quarterback as much.

You really think moving up 6 spots is worth our 11th pick, Losman and two 3rd rounders??? Nah. Maybe one future 3rd. Not two.

The 11th pick is still very high, and KC would get potentially a starting QB and Offensive Tackle out of this trade. And that doesn't include the additional 3rd or 4th rounder we throw in.

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I actually like Kelsay also. He made some huge plays for us last season. I just think that we need a big nasty guy like Gholston to put fear into opposing QB's. Kelsay is very similar to Schobel, only doesn't get to the quarterback as much.

A pinto is much like a Porche it just doesnt go as fast.