Trade scenario I like

Got_Wood

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and me both ;)

Change Dilfer to Gray or Rattay, and this is how I'm hoping the draft goes.

If JP has to go, I would settle for Rattay or Frerotte....both have had nice stretches of success coming off the bench...if I thought the Bills would be serious contenders this coming season, I would say Frerotte all the way. But sigining Rattay to backup Edwards, is like signing Nall, to back up JP! The difference being that Rattay has played some, and been decent at times.

well boys im back, it was retarded i had to re register also damn the crash all to heck ;) but anyways that would be a great scenario i want a reciever in the first and then Eric Flowers i never really looked at him but man he is a big time playmaker and screw Aqib Talib and Cromartie i changed my mind about those guys with research so i want Eric Flowers or Antoine Cason in the 2nd because i still like Cason, i think he is a good player so go ahead bills draft a WR in the 1st as long as we get Flowers or Cason i dont care boys

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

We have to figure out what we really expect from a backup quarterback. Our offense is set up right now to be good enough through the air to keep men out of the box and let our running game excel

;)

Sorry, but winning does not equate to stay or move.

Do you expect Edwards to not have growing pains? Do you want him gone if he can't be sprinkled with water and sprout into a pro bowl QB? Manning, Favre, Gerrard, McNair and many others took time. What we do this season is immaterial to whether we stick with him.

I think that winning equates to no looking any further. I think that the team has to keep looking for options until the QB position is settled. If there is going to be true competition for the starting position, then it might make sense to keep him, but I don't think that is the case.

Keeping a player for one more year when there is an opportunity to get something in return does not make sense. How many people on this board complained about losing Nate Clements without getting in return. Next year, when JP leave in free agency, there are people who are going to complain that the Bills will get nothing in return.

He does not want to stay, so he will leave unless they make him the full time starter with the salary to match. He is not going to sign a long term deal to be a backup.

Trade our #11 pick, JP Losman, and a 5th round pick to Minnesota for their #17 pick and #47 pick.

Then pickup Trent Dilfer as an experienced backup.

Select Kelly/Sweed/D. Thomas at #17, Fred Davis at #41, then Flowers/Smith/T. Thomas at #47.

Glad your not our GM , to steep a price to pay. Just trade JP for same picks.

Trade our #11 pick, JP Losman, and a 5th round pick to Minnesota for their #17 pick and #47 pick.

Then pickup Trent Dilfer as an experienced backup.

Select Kelly/Sweed/D. Thomas at #17, Fred Davis at #41, then Flowers/Smith/T. Thomas at #47.

Just our #11 & 5th picks could fetch us Minnesota's #17 and #47....why give JP away for free? And we need to get a QB in return... Minnesota aint got that!

Does anybody else see the irony in that statement? :thumbsup:

I get what you're saying... guys like Tebow have proven nothing in this league as well. But they are legit stars in college football. JP was a sleeper pick that no one knew about. We took a chance on him, just like we're taking a chance on Trent.

I truly believe Trent will work out for us. He has all the tools to be successful.

But let's ride with him this year. No more flip-flopping back and forth. If it doesn't work, we move on and try another quarterback. But for now, he deserves a chance.

That is actually a bad deal for us, we would be giving up too much. Trading JP and our 1st to move down? lol. And not even moving down for 2 firsts. I like the idea of trading down and getting more picks, trust me, but that is too much to give up. Not to mention, Dilfer is not an adequate backup. I think Minnesota should give us #17 and #47 just to move up to our pick, AND you want to throw in JP and a 5th rounder? That is way too much IMO.

We would be moving down SIX spots. Not the bottom of the first. The value of those picks isn't much different, AND we would be getting a second. Look at the details before you make a ridiculous judgement. MAYBE I would take the 5th out of this deal. But I would do it just to make it work.

Seriously, an additional 2nd round pick would be HUGE for us. And this is a very realistic way to get it.

Also, I think a lot of people are really overvaluing JP. There is no love for JP in this league right now. There are few teams out there that see any potential in him being successful. We take what we can get for him, or we keep him.

I really can't help but get a kick out of all of the "JP had his chance and it's Trent's turn now so run JP out of town" people.

If you people were Giants fans, you'd have egg all over your face because you would have no doubt been in the rather large and vocal contingent that wanted to run Eli out of NYC/NJ as well. Eli is the perfect example of why you have to stick with a guy through his learning process, until he has a chance to get it. Hell, he even had some really stinker games in 2008, and look where he ended up. But the biggest difference between him and JP is that he got to keep playing through all of the crappy games until he got it. Oh, and he's had a consistently better team around him, too. Instead, JP was jerked around like one of Michael Vick's dogs on a choke chain before every fight, which could be his last fight.

While I hope the Bills keep JP around for this season, the best thing that could happen to JP is he gets traded out of this town of short-sighted, impatient fans with a chance to play his game like Brett Favre got in GB. And yeah, even Favre struggled in GB in the beginning but Holmgren resisted the urge to yank him and let him play through it.

Yeah, now it's Trent's turn, for what? To get run through the same mill that JP got run through. I sure hope not for his sake!

We would be moving down SIX spots. Not the bottom of the first. The value of those picks isn't much different, AND we would be getting a second. Look at the details before you make a ridiculous judgement. MAYBE I would take the 5th out of this deal. But I would do it just to make it work.

Seriously, an additional 2nd round pick would be HUGE for us. And this is a very realistic way to get it.

Also, I think a lot of people are really overvaluing JP. There is no love for JP in this league right now. There are few teams out there that see any potential in him being successful. We take what we can get for him, or we keep him.

You're not understanding. The value of the picks is about equal, to move up from 17 to 11, would cost someone a second round pick, which is what you have... BUT we are throwing JP and a 5th in for nothing. That is ridiculous. We are essentially giving the vikings JP and our 5th, with nothing in return.

I get what you're saying... guys like Tebow have proven nothing in this league as well. But they are legit stars in college football. JP was a sleeper pick that no one knew about. We took a chance on him, just like we're taking a chance on Trent.

I truly believe Trent will work out for us. He has all the tools to be successful.

But let's ride with him this year. No more flip-flopping back and forth. If it doesn't work, we move on and try another quarterback. But for now, he deserves a chance.

Since when is a legit star in college football mean anything? Everyone is debating whether or not Tebow and Daniel are system QBs, and most people feel they are. That is definitely "taking a chance" on a guy.

And how the hell was JP a sleeper? He was a first round pick, and always valued as such. If you thought JP was a sleeper coming out because you hadn't heard of him, then you really don't get out much.

If you people were Giants fans, you'd have egg all over your face because you would have no doubt been in the rather large and vocal contingent that wanted to run Eli out of NYC/NJ as well. Eli is the perfect example of why you have to stick with a guy through his learning process, until he has a chance to get it. Hell, he even had some really stinker games in 2008, and look where he ended up. But the biggest difference between him and JP is that he got to keep playing through all of the crappy games until he got it. Oh, and he's had a consistently better team around him, too. Instead, JP was jerked around like one of Michael Vick's dogs on a choke chain before every fight, which could be his last fight.

First of all, you're not comparing apples to apples here BuffaloBob. Eli clearly has done far better in his 4 years as a QB in this league. Take a look at the numbers:

Eli: 11,385 yds passing

JP: 5,627 yds passing

Eli: 199.7 yds per game

JP: 152.1 yds per game

Eli: 77 TD's

JP: 31 TD's

JP takes too many sacks, he's too indecisive, he makes tons of mistakes, he fumbles the ball twice as much as any other QB, he can't sustain drives, and he's FLAT OUT frustrating to watch.

The coaches can't give him another chance on this team, and they won't if they care about winning.

Since when is a legit star in college football mean anything? Everyone is debating whether or not Tebow and Daniel are system QBs, and most people feel they are. That is definitely "taking a chance" on a guy.

And how the hell was JP a sleeper? He was a first round pick, and always valued as such. If you thought JP was a sleeper coming out because you hadn't heard of him, then you really don't get out much.

Maybe you can enlighten me with all of JP's achievements you supposedly heard of in college. From what I know about him, he sat on the bench behind SUPERSTAR Patrick Ramsey for two years. And I already heard about his incredible win at the Hawaii Bowl against Hawaii, and then followed that up with a huge 5-7 season the next year as starter.

Maybe there is more I didn't hear about???

First of all, you're not comparing apples to apples here BuffaloBob. Eli clearly has done far better in his 4 years as a QB in this league. Take a look at the numbers:

Eli: 11,385 yds passing

JP: 5,627 yds passing

Eli: 199.7 yds per game

JP: 152.1 yds per game

Eli: 77 TD's

JP: 31 TD's

JP takes too many sacks, he's too indecisive, he makes tons of mistakes, he fumbles the ball twice as much as any other QB, he can't sustain drives, and he's FLAT OUT frustrating to watch.

The coaches can't give him another chance on this team, and they won't if they care about winning.

You're not too smart a ya?

Gee, do ya think those gross stats have anything to do with Eli starting over twice as many games as JP, and not being jerked in and out every few games to boot? Duh! And of course, it wouldn't have anything to do with all those sacks (that JP has taken) that the Giants have had an offensive line superior to ours (even last year), a better rushing attack, better receivers and tight ends, and a far superior defense then we've had over those four years?

Apples to oranges is right, but not for the reasons you cited.

But actually, I liked how you left out of those telling stats above (you know the ones where Eli has thrown for more yards and TDs playing twice as many games over four years) that Eli has a career QB rating (73.4) that is lower than JPs (77.3), and that in his four years he's never posted a single season QB rating over 77, let alone posted one like JP did in 2006 at 85.

And I've watched plenty of Eli's games where he has made tons of mistakes, taken untimely sacks, thrown bad INTs and has looked awful, playing for a far better team then JP did.

But just keep stating those opinions with authority dude. You may actually convince someone out there that you know what your talking about!

Maybe you can enlighten me with all of JP's achievements you supposedly heard of in college. From what I know about him, he sat on the bench behind SUPERSTAR Patrick Ramsey for two years. And I already heard about his incredible win at the Hawaii Bowl against Hawaii, and then followed that up with a huge 5-7 season the next year as starter.

Maybe there is more I didn't hear about???

I'm sorry that I have to get low and insult you, but my anger is winning, because you are so stupid that I don't even know how to reply or what to say. JP was valued as a late 1st round pick by everyone. Why do you think we had to trade up to get him? Because Green Bay was supposedly going to take him because they thought Favre would retire. Go on any list, he was NOT a sleeper. I just don't know what else to say. There is no way you can say he was a sleeper, it is so dumb that I don't know what to say because I can't believe that statement.

I give up. I'm too "stupid" to continue this conversation. Apparently people have become extremely close to JP over the years and will protect him at all costs.

I admire the guy for what he's done in the city of Buffalo, I like him a lot, and he's a pretty good football player overall. I wish him the best in his life and career.

... just not here.

I give up. I'm too "stupid" to continue this conversation. Apparently people have become extremely close to JP over the years and will protect him at all costs.

I admire the guy for what he's done in the city of Buffalo, I like him a lot, and he's a pretty good football player overall. I wish him the best in his life and career.

... just not here.

Too attached? I don't care, I like Trent lol. All I'm saying is he was not even close to being a "sleeper."