We will not Draft Willis

I don't really think we learned much from the press conference other than: we will use our TEs at FB, they have not ruled out drafting a WR early and we really need help at LB.

Not knocking you at all, i just don't think you can read too much into the press conference.

Based on history I don't think Marv and TM would have talked about Willis so much if they planned on drafting him.

No tipping the hand.

I tend to agree with you .. I do recall one year during Donahoe's regime when Modrak commented on a bunch of guys - including Roscoe Parrish who we ended up picking in the 2nd. As far as the 1st round pick, though, I'm almost thinking we go with Poz now since he wasn't even mentioned. Interesting that the M&M boys hinted at multiple picks at LB though ...

Based on history I don't think Marv and TM would have talked about Willis so much if they planned on drafting him.

No tipping the hand.

This is just another in a long line of screw ups by Marv. If we can figure out this stuff isn't it likely that other teams can as well? Today (actually it was yesterday but it takes me a while to put 2 & 2 together) we've learned a couple of things that could cost us in the long run.

1. We aren't picking Willis

2. We are trading our #1 to SD for The Burner along with another day 1 pick

3. We will be desperate for a LB with our #2 pick

4. We will be desperate for a CB with our remaining #3

Won't this knowledge influence how other teams approach the draft? I have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

This is just another in a long line of screw ups by Marv. If we can figure out this stuff isn't it likely that other teams can as well? Today (actually it was yesterday but it takes me a while to put 2 & 2 together) we've learned a couple of things that could cost us in the long run.

Won't this knowledge influence how other teams approach the draft? I have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Beerball, I figured it out! We can trade 8 5th round draft picks for a 33rd pick in the 1st round! So if we unload Stamer, Haggan, A-Train, Shaud Williams, Roscoe, Aiken, and Tim Anderson for 5th round draft picks and couple these 7 with the 5th round pick that we currently have, we can get back into the 1st round! Thank God Marv didn't let this one drop! More insite, imo!

In the 'Up-is-down, black-is-white' school of thought, you forgot:

5. Since Marv had a cup of coffee at the table, we will shortly be signing a long-term deal to revive Pepsi Clear at consession stands.

I think you're reading WAY too much into it. There's really no reason for the Bills not to be rather honest in their assessments of these players. They aren't divulging any information that the rest of the league doesn't already know.

Its not like the Bills took the media in to see the draftboard.

Last year's strategy worked. This year everyone has it figured out and we're screwed.

PepsifreakinClear, are you kidding me? What's up with that?

Marv is really old, Beerball. When he gives pressers, he gets so nervous that he dribbles poo into his pants and he's so embarrassed that he says things like giving away our whole draft and telling everyone who we're going to pick. Evidently he drank to much Pepsi Clear some years ago and that has accelerated the aging process so now he has the bodily functioning control of a three year old child or something like that.

That's exactly what they want you to think...

So you're of a mind that it's more of a double triple cross? If we don't talk about a player that means we might like them if we speak highly of a player our intention is to make other teams think that we are double crossing them which is where the triple cross comes in? If you're right, Burner Turner will not be a Bill but Lynch will be. Too bad we lost out on Willis though, I think he has all the makings of a fine NFL MLB.

Marv is really old, Beerball. When he gives pressers, he gets so nervous that he dribbles poo into his pants and he's so embarrassed that he says things like giving away our whole draft and telling everyone who we're going to pick. Evidently he drank to much Pepsi Clear some years ago and that has accelerated the aging process so now he has the bodily functioning control of a three year old child or something like that.

No, he aint that bad yet. I think it's the triple cross.

I highly doubt that team officials, like fans, receive their information from PUBLIC sources like PRESS CONFERENCES. I think this was just a teaser. They didn't actually commit to anything, nor deny anything, nor offer a direct indication of things to come. IMO the press conference was little more than face-time used to re-spark regional interest before the draf. In that respect, it also served as a de-briefing of the 2007 off-season for the not-so-commited fan.