Socks vs Yanks

Tux of Borg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro when asked how it felt when fans were yelling who's my Daddy,,, " It made me feel good" the reporter laugh,, Pedro responds why are you laughing before I have given you my answer..,," It made me feel good, that I had the entire attention of all 55,000 Yankee fans and New York,,,,, later on I am thank ful just a few years ago I was sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to rub together and there I was now with the attention of all of New York....... Very excellent answer and response, for a guy thought to be a jerk , handled it with great class good for him....... outstanding

Pedro when asked how it felt when fans were yelling who's my Daddy,,, " It made me feel good"  the reporter laugh,, Pedro responds why are you laughing before I have given you my answer..,," It made me feel good, that I had the entire attention of all 55,000 Yankee fans and New York,,,,, later on I am thank ful just a few years ago I was  sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to rub together and there I was now with the attention of all of New York.......  Very excellent answer and response, for a guy thought to be a jerk , handled it with great class good for him....... outstanding

69382[/snapback]

yeah, I just watched that on YES. I hope we see him in Pinstripes next year:)

Pedro when asked how it felt when fans were yelling who's my Daddy,,, " It made me feel good"  the reporter laugh,, Pedro responds why are you laughing before I have given you my answer..,," It made me feel good, that I had the entire attention of all 55,000 Yankee fans and New York,,,,, later on I am thank ful just a few years ago I was  sitting under a mango tree without 50 cents to rub together and there I was now with the attention of all of New York.......  Very excellent answer and response, for a guy thought to be a jerk , handled it with great class good for him....... outstanding

69382[/snapback]

That's pretty cool. I don't know if he's a jerk or not. He's certainly a very talented pitcher.

172-66 lifetime against every other team in baseball. Koufax-like.

I watched the interview on NESN(a Boston sports station) and all the analysts think for sure that Pedro is gonna be a Yankee next year and that Pedro certainly hinted at his press conference that he wishes to be a Yankee

BOSTON SUCKS!!!!! The yankees rule!!!! I'm a big yankee fan and was glad to see them win 2 games against boston. Boston as a team might as well as to go home and forget about the series they aren't likely to win. Next year they will be 2 in the division again for the 50th year.

That's pretty cool. I don't know if he's a jerk or not. He's certainly a very talented pitcher.

I can't figure him out. One day hate him, one day love him.

Bob Ryan says he's the smartest athlete he's ever known though, which is sort of interesting.

Whatever. Pedro is an idiot. He wants to play in NY. NY doesn't want him. I would think he would be more concerned that his current team is going down in flames once again and he lost to NY again and yet all he did was talk about how important he felt. Lieber was unreal out there tonight and yet Pedro gets all the attention. He can take that 50 cents and that mango tree and stick it. Anybody besides myself think the Yankees would be up 2-0 going to Boston? I am enjoying this so far. Should be interesting Friday and Saturday.

Whatever. Pedro is an idiot. He wants to play in NY. NY doesn't want him. I would think he would be more concerned that his current team is going down in flames once again and he lost to NY again and yet all he did was talk about how important he felt. Lieber was unreal out there tonight and yet Pedro gets all the attention. He can take that 50 cents and that mango tree and stick it. Anybody besides myself think the Yankees would be up 2-0 going to Boston? I am enjoying this so far. Should be interesting Friday and Saturday.

69399[/snapback]

You would think the fans of the Yankees would be happy after winning tonight.

Did someone piss in your Kool Aid Kasper?

I'm sorry, I hope Pedro goes to hell....that guy should NOT become a Yankee....the guy is over the hill...he pitches great for 5 innings and then he is done....definately not worth the top 5 pitcher $$$$ he is going to command!

I'm sorry, I hope Pedro goes to hell....that guy should NOT become a Yankee....the guy is over the hill...he pitches great for 5 innings and then he is done....definately not worth the top 5 pitcher $$$$ he is going to command!

69458[/snapback]

Totally. I'm sick of the whole Pedro mystique crap. The guy lost 4 starts in a row at the end of the season, and he's shown me nothing that says he's still got gas in his tank. This is the first season in several years where he didn't have significant time off due to injury, or an all-star break vacation to sit under his damn mango tree. Why the hell should the Yankees drop a ton of money on a guy who has nothing left at the end of the season. Gee-zus. Can't we get a decent arm that isn't injury-prone, or with 100,000 miles on it?

That's pretty cool.  I don't know if he's a jerk or not.  He's certainly a very talented pitcher.

172-66 lifetime against every other team in baseball.  Koufax-like.

69386[/snapback]

True... But the glaring stat was that Koufax finished about 140 or so complete games... Pedro only is in the high 40's or so complete games. They posted it during the game last night.

I guess different era.

Very classy reply.

He does seem arrogent on the mound. At least he keeps his head up and carries himself high!

I understand people feel pedro's reaction was classy, and just looking on the surface, it was, but what I question is the timing of those comments, he seemed more concerned about being "the center of attention" and reflecting on his childhood, thats all fine and dandy, but doing that right after going down 2-0 to your biggest rival?? :w00t:

I was stunned with how good Leiber pitched, and I agree this is far from over, I still expect the Red Sox to make this very very interesting.

I understand people feel pedro's reaction was classy, and just looking on the surface, it was, but what I question is the timing of those comments, he seemed more concerned about being "the center of attention" and reflecting on his childhood, thats all fine and dandy, but doing that right after going down 2-0 to your biggest rival??  :w00t:

I was stunned with how good Leiber pitched, and I agree this is far from over, I still expect the Red Sox to make this very very interesting.

69585[/snapback]

It was classy, what else was better way to respond to that particular question one only to bait him.. Later in news conference when asked about pitching on short rest because of Schilliing injury he stated he would do what ever he had to do for his team, to pick up his team-mate who had picked him up, he would do anything pitch in the bull pen if necessary.

My guess is many were wishing to see him humiliated and shamed, he faced a national media looking to chew every word , turn it to what ever spin sells more papers and he very effectvely shut them up , with great class and good manners. No he answered the questions that pertained to himself and also the ones of the team and spoke well. I am rooting for Yakee's and over the years Pedro's persona has been hardly one to like , but its also right to give someone their due when they stand up and do something right.

Last night Pedro lost a game, but he hardly was a loser. imo

69382[/snapback]

Pedro is such a flake. You just get the best quotes from the guy. Not to mention the midget he's bringing with him everywhere these days.

That was a good answer last night, though. Pedro really doesn't have anything to feel bad about regarding his performance against the Yankees either. He's always pitched pretty well, but the team doesn't get the win. I don't think the "Daddy" stuff is accurate.

Looking ahead in my crystal ball to the offseason:

All I know is that Yanks are going to go after some starters in the offseason. Take a look at their rotation:

Moose and Lieber are the only ones locked in right now in terms of having their best stuff. Vasquez will hang around and will be good, but he is still young and then you have Brown who is injured more often than he is healthy. So there are two spots open.

Then you take a look at the free agent starters available and you realize there aren't many. Kip Wells? Lima? Hampton? I mean, gimme a break. If the Yankees want to improve their staff Pedro is a viable solution...as long as he doesn't come with a 125 million dollar price tag. I agree they shouldn't over pay for the guy, but he is a gamer who knows how to win. He would fit in perfectly in our rotation.

All that being said, I find it highly unlikely that he doesn't re-up with the Sox. Despite all the bickering he has done this year, he said a couple weeks ago that he wants to resign with the Sox and would be willing to give them a discount as long as they "don't disrespect" him. I don't think they will. Boston loves Pedro.

But all that is conversation for another time I guess. Now we should be focused on the ALSC at hand and the 2-0 lead the Yankees have. I personally LOVE the matchup of Brown vs Arrojo and El Duque (who says he's pitching game 4) vs Wakefield. Two great matchups that the Yankess have to (and will) take advantage of.

The Sox aren't done, that's for sure, but I think their heart was ripped out. The worst case scenario for the Sox (and the RedSox nation) coming into these first two games was a SPLIT with the Yankees. Not in their wildest dreams could they imagine losing BOTH games with their two studs on the hill. Well, it happened. And as Charlie Stiener said last night, it was a different Redsox clubhouse after game 2. There were no jokes, no music, just long faces.

Do I think they Yanks will sweep? No. But I bet they take a 3-1 lead and win in 5. Then imagine how crestfallen the Sox will be. As Manny said before game one, "if we can't beat the Yankees this year, with this team, then we may never be able to beat them". It's almost like the Sox EXPECT to lose. They have to try to get their confidence back ASAP if they want to make this a series again.