Socks vs Yanks

Tux of Borg

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who woulda thunk it? The Yanks take a two game lead by beating Schill AND Pedro with Moose and Liber???

Charlie just read the stat that in 13 times no team has ever come back from a 0-2 deficit in the ALCS.

Wowzers, it's on Brown on Friday to win pivitol Game 3!

Terrific game and gutsy performance by Lieber. Dare I say, "Maddux like?"

Team win all the way around, especially to every hitter who took Skinny Pete deep into the count the first 3 innings. Anybody know the pitch count when that guy who wasn't good enough to play in Seattle went yard?

Johnny Damon had one of the great ABs in ALCS history - doing everything but getting a hit.

Gordon drives me crazy with his penchant for overthrowing when he needs to do the opposite. Still he got it done for the most part.

Thank goodness for Mo out of the pen. Nothing like having to face the meat of the lineup with the game on the line, including Poppy as the tying run. I'd love that guy if he wasn't playing in that uniform. :w00t:

The Yankees held serve but this series isn't over by a long shot.

You got to think Yankees have the best scouting in baseball , seems come playoff time they are so well prepared , positionig so well , pitchers staying within themselves and pitching to weaknesses, it is not clear how they take it up a notch....

Much baseball ahead though, as Sterling said who would have thought they beat the Sox two best.

Terrific game and gutsy performance by Lieber.  Dare I say, "Maddux like?"

Team win all the way around, especially to every hitter who took Skinny Pete deep into the count the first 3 innings.  Anybody know the pitch count when that guy who wasn't good enough to play in Seattle went yard?

Johnny Damon had one of the great ABs in ALCS history - doing everything but getting a hit.

Gordon drives me crazy with his penchant for overthrowing when he needs to do the opposite.  Still he got it done for the most part.

Thank goodness for Mo out of the pen.  Nothing like having to face the meat of the lineup with the game on the line, including Poppy as the tying run.  I'd love that guy if he wasn't playing in that uniform.  :w00t:

The Yankees held serve but this series isn't over by a long shot.

69348[/snapback]

when john hit that , Pedro was up in the 80's , John has won a batting championship and two World Series he has been there before, excellent player , excellent person....

You got to think Yankees have the best scouting in baseball , seems come playoff time they are so well prepared , positionig  so well , pitchers staying within themselves and pitching to weaknesses, it is not clear how they take it up a notch....

Much baseball  ahead though, as Sterling said who would have thought they beat the Sox two best.

69354[/snapback]

Absolutely. Arrojo doesn't worry me too much, especially in Fenway (a hitter's park). I expect the scores of the next couple games to be much higher. I am also banking on Brown coming up big as he did in Minnesota. He is still trying to earn back his teammate's trust after punching that friggin' wall.

Hey Pedro whos you Daddy?  Sox 11-20 in Pedro starts against the Yanks.  I wonder how he liked his reception at Yankee Stadium.  That place was rocking!  BTW I think Brown and El Duque are gonna pitch great too!

69350[/snapback]

Yeah, one of those dude has to come up huge. I'm still skeptical about whether El Duque will make his start, but things are looking pretty good for the squad from the Bronx. Schilling is done, so you'd have to pitch Lowe on Sunday. Pedro would have to pitch game six back in The Stadium. I don't know. It's going to be a long, booze-driven, ulcer-given, weekend.

Absolutely. Arrojo doesn't worry me too much, especially in Fenway (a hitter's park). I expect the scores of the next couple games to be much higher. I am also banking on Brown coming up big as he did in Minnesota. He is still trying to earn back his teammate's trust after punching that friggin' wall.

69358[/snapback]

Arroyo should worry you plenty. He was lights out against the Angels until Tito spit the bit and prematurely pulled him.

This series ain't over. The Sox are good in Fenway. We've got our work cut out for us. I sincerely hope we win game 3 and take away their hope.

Arroyo should worry you plenty.  He was lights out against the Angels until Tito spit the bit and prematurely pulled him.

This series ain't over.  The Sox are good in Fenway.  We've got our work cut out for us.  I sincerely hope we win game 3 and take away their hope.

69362[/snapback]

Agreed. Cornrows is a total punk, but he can pitch. I'd put money down that he pitches high and tight to Jeter and A-rod right out of the gate. Not only to establish the plate, but to fire up the bench. The good guys won two at home, that's way, way cool. But things will be different in beantown. The people up here would rather see someone get killed at this point.

The local FOX station just showed a tape of Sox fans at a local watering hole in town. Lots of long faces. I hate them and I'm happy as a hobo with a ham sandwich, but it ain't over. They're going to want blood.