32 killed in Va. Tech shootings

stuckincincy

wow. what a tragic life. absolutely horrible day yesterday, I hope and pray for the survivors and the familys and friends that lost loved ones, may they one day find peace

I don't know that I'd look at it that way. Dude survived one of the worst things in recorded history, then went to the top of his field in the greatest country in the world. Then, in his 70s, paid the ultimate price so others could live.

Not tragic. Heroic.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you, a Catholic priest?

I will not be molested by an aging, balding, overweight pedophilic stepdad named Dick.

Get your hands off me you sicko. Just stop it, Michael Jackson.

Happy Fathers Day!

Although I never thought you were much good for Mom

Mostly because you were trying to have sex with me,

I now recognize it was only a device to advance

my screenplay - and get a D- in creative writing.

Happy Anniversary to an impressive tree trunk piece of ass.

I don't know that I'd look at it that way. Dude survived one of the worst things in recorded history, then went to the top of his field in the greatest country in the world. Then, in his 70s, paid the ultimate price so others could live.

Not tragic. Heroic.

Agreed. It seems he delayed the gunman and told his students to flee. He paid for this with his life. According to the stories I read he blocked the door and gave his students time to escape out the windows. I could only hope I could perform half that well under such dire pressure.

Most definately heroic! Still tragic in my book. And the worlds loss. From everything I have read Liviu Librescu was one remarkable man!

There are plenty of them in the word. Too bad the media is more focused on some idiot with bad hair singing on TV, or Rosannes newest lesian partner, or Oprahs latest book, or some moron who upset a couple of people because he said they have different hair then himself. ^_^

Most definately heroic! Still tragic in my book. And the worlds loss. From everything I have read Liviu Librescu was one remarkable man!

Oh very tragic I admit. The whole thing is a tragedy. However, it seems human nature for some to not only gawk over tragedies, but for others to try and take what solace they can. Many times the impulses are mixed.

One can hope that his example will inspire others. I doubt any of his students will ever forget him.

There are plenty of them in the word. Too bad the media is more focused on some idiot with bad hair singing on TV, or Rosannes newest lesian partner, or Oprahs latest book, or some moron who upset a couple of people because he said they have different hair then himself. ^_^

I heard that Rosie O'Donnell set the world straight today because in her five years of fighting for more gun control after Columbine, she has never, ever, ever seen a report that supports the case that being carrying a gun for the sake of self-defense works. She said the second amendment referred to muskets and cannons, not semi-automatic weapons. Unbeknownst to Rosie, Virginia Tech apparently has arguably the strictest gun control rules in the country; that is to say, no guns allowed on campus, period.

But she's Rosie. She's funny. People love her. She knows all. :D;)^_^

I heard that Rosie O'Donnell set the world straight today because in her five years of fighting for more gun control after Columbine, she has never, ever, ever seen a report that supports the case that being carrying a gun for the sake of self-defense works. She said the second amendment referred to muskets and cannons, not semi-automatic weapons. Unbeknownst to Rosie, Virginia Tech apparently has arguably the strictest gun control rules in the country; that is to say, no guns allowed on campus, period.

But she's Rosie. She's funny. People love her. She knows all. ^_^:D;)

Turning this into a gun discussion for either side is dumb. College campuses should have a rule banning guns and they do. His Glock was legally purchased. If it hadn't been, he'd have gotten the gun elsewhere.

Bad people will always find a way to do bad things. If there wasn't a gun to be found, he would have figured out another way--he was a messed up guy on a mission.

I'd rather have the media focused on those stories than this one.

Turning this into a gun discussion for either side is dumb. College campuses should have a rule banning guns and they do.

Yet that's exactly what you just did. Let's just say I disagree.

His Glock was legally purchased. If it hadn't been, he'd have gotten the gun elsewhere.

Bad people will always find a way to do bad things. If there wasn't a gun to be found, he would have figured out another way--he was a messed up guy on a mission.

Which makes your statement that much more ludicrous.

Gun control in this country is like smoking on an airplane... What are you gonna do? Have a smoking section and a non-smoking section... It is the same God damned tube you are flying in... It can't work with mutiple rules and sections.

And believe me I am non-commital on this issue and side with HAVING the guns over not having them... I can live with not having them because I never needed them though... But, I know some can't, and that is their right... And that out-weighs my choice...

But... It has to be one way or the other...

And you know they will never ban everything, sales what not... So why even have restrictions?

Flame away!

Touche. My point is that this event makes both sides look dumb on gun control. More laws or fewer would have made no difference in this event.

It's nice that you can say that with such certainty. It's also pretty much pure bunk. Allowing grown, law abiding adults to carry concealed firearms on that campus could very well have saved a whole bunch of lives that day - and sent yet another message to these assclowns that not everyone is willing to be a victim for some "perceived" security.

Adding more laws certainly won't change a damn thing. The government will keep guns off the streets and out of the hands of criminals at about the same time the keep heroin off playgrounds.

Can you believe what happened today at VT? 32 people dead and somewhere around 15 injured in a shooting that started early this morning in a dorm and moved to an academic building. Worst school shooting in the history of the US. Its so sad, that campus is going to have a hard time recovering.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/us/16cnd...irginiashooting

Where the hell is LSI with his "thumbsdown" smiley?

It's nice that you can say that with such certainty. It's also pretty much pure bunk. Allowing grown, law abiding adults to carry concealed firearms on that campus could very well have saved a whole bunch of lives that day - and sent yet another message to these assclowns that not everyone is willing to be a victim for some "perceived" security.

Adding more laws certainly won't change a damn thing. The government will keep guns off the streets and out of the hands of criminals at about the same time the keep heroin off playgrounds.

Rational arguments from law-abiding gun owners have certainly turned my opinion a bit, but I have to ask this, seriously:

Is a law-abiding gun owner going to save people from a determined schizophrenic on a mission like this, or a suicide bomber -- someone who clearly doesn't value his own life enough to worry at all about the repercussions? I don't feel like the threat of vigilante justice really serves any deterrent effect in these situations. These people will still take out as many as possible before going down in their blaze of glory.

Another serious question: while you certainly want to trust the law-abiding gun owner, who's to say he won't be viewed as an accomplice in this situation and taken out by another one, in the heat of gunfire?

I'm not writing this to get flamed. I'm doing it to encourage a rational discussion, not to accuse anyone. It seems we all live in hypotheticals until a moment like this really happens, and then we're defined by these moments, like the teacher who took the bullet to save some students' lives. It's sad beyond belief that it was his last moment.

Hey..maybe we could make guns MANDATORY on college campuses? Think about it..Everyone on the intramural basketball court packing? Drunken saturday nights in the frat house? cat-fights over boyfriends? I love the sound of gunfire in the morning!!! ^_^

If everyone is packing heat for the Ohio State - Michigan game I think I'd tune in.