Anthony Thomas

major

The A Train looked good to me last year. He seemed to fit in better with the offense we were running, than compared to Willis. He didn't dance around the backfield, he attacked the hole. I feel he'd be great as our #1 back this year. However, we do need another RB in this year's draft to back him up. What about Ramonce Taylor, former University of Texas RB, in round 6 or 7?

Yeah, 3.5 yards a carry is awesome...we don't even need another RB. The A-Train can carry the load.

Even worse...what if he gets hurt?

Anyone who says the Bills RB situation right now isn't scary is deluding themselves.

I never thought he'd even make the team last year...I still don't think he's anything special in the least. I hope we draft a running back that can break a run longer than 18 yards. Our running back position is definitely scary right now. The draft should be very interesting this year.

Yeah, 3.5 yards a carry is awesome...we don't even need another RB. The A-Train can carry the load.

True that he was not very effective as a change of pace back, but when he started and played most of the GB game, I thought he played very well given enough carries. Not to mention, Dick and Marv are on record saying they would feel comfortable starting the season right now with our running backs. While I respect a lot of posters opinions on this board, I'll take Dick and Marv's first. And, whoever we end up giving the ball to this season will do better with our new line.

I agree with the injury comment. We need to draft 2 RBs. I'm not getting too exciting about an NFL Europe standout. Where is Ken Simonton today? He lead NFL Europe in all purpose yards a few years back, didn't see him develop into the next big thing.

I agree that we are not as desperate at running back as most here and everyone in the "media" seems to think we are.

I would not be surprised at all if Marv is willing to give the combination of Thomas, Fred Jackson and a second day draft pick a chance to be RB by committee.

However, it will not include Ramonce Taylor. He was arrested in 2006 for marijuana possession and Marv will not draft him.

More likely second day candidates are Garrett Wolfe from Northern Illinois or Alonzo Coleman from Hampton.

I see Thomas playing the same role he did last year. The Bills will have another back ahead of him on opening day. I can't believe all the talking heads who think McGahee's 990 yards will be difficult to replace.

Replacing his yardage shouldn't be tough, but improving on it has to be the goal.

Yes he had 3.5 YPC for the year (Still 3 carries and first down by the way)

But he only started 2 games. The 2 he started 48 carries for 204 yards and 1 Td 4.25 YPC. Maybe he just needs the ball more?

Actually, A Train looked like a solid back-up last year, which is exactly what he is. He does everything pretty good but nothing great. He's not looked at as a starter, not paid as a starter. He's reliable but never spectacular. He knows where to go and what to do but never goes above and beyond that. Doesn't it worry anyone that no one but us has even sniffed at him in 2-3 years? No one seemed to even bring him in for a looksee at vet minimum? That is extremely revealing.

The A Train looked good to me last year. He seemed to fit in better with the offense we were running, than compared to Willis. He didn't dance around the backfield, he attacked the hole. I feel he'd be great as our #1 back this year. However, we do need another RB in this year's draft to back him up. What about Ramonce Taylor, former University of Texas RB, in round 6 or 7?

I found in several cases that he was too quick to attack holes, that closed quickly once he reached them. He needs to work on his patience in allowing the line to open holes. Are we all sure that he is #1 back material??

Yes he had 3.5 YPC for the year (Still 3 carries and first down by the way)

But he only started 2 games. The 2 he started 48 carries for 204 yards and 1 Td 4.25 YPC. Maybe he just needs the ball more?

Sure we definitely should give him the ball more because he did well with it when he got it. However, it is exactly this lack of him having but on a lot of mileage and show he can take a season's worth of the pounding a #1 RB gets which is why there is no way in the world we should reasonably assume he can do this.

Add to this the fact that at NO POINT IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER has he ever started more than 13 games in a particular season and that his best year for yards gained was that same year (way back when in 2003) was him producing a fairly Willis like 1024.

Thomas has shown production as a #2 RB and it seems quite reasonable to want to give him more carries particular since we traded our #1 RB. However, there is simply no reason beyond irrational hope that he should be counted upon to be a performer as our #1 RB.

Actually, A Train looked like a solid back-up last year, which is exactly what he is. He does everything pretty good but nothing great. He's not looked at as a starter, not paid as a starter. He's reliable but never spectacular. He knows where to go and what to do but never goes above and beyond that. Doesn't it worry anyone that no one but us has even sniffed at him in 2-3 years? No one seemed to even bring him in for a looksee at vet minimum? That is extremely revealing.

I concur with this thinking. There is little explaination as to why other teams havent sniffed around at him, but then again, the RB market can be a fickle thing. Furthermore, noplace else that hes been has he ever been given PT, which leads me to believe Thomas probobly looks very pedestrian in practice and may even brush some the wrong way but he is in fact a gamer. When its time to play he shows up and gives 110%.

We are not going into the season with this backfield situation, its obvious. Regardless of what Dick and Marv say their actions speak otherwise, bringing in RBs and looking to trade for turner. It appears as though they have the 2nd-3rd round targeted for RB either via trade or draft. Just sit back and relax, the draft is in 12 days and we'll have an idea of how things will shake out then.

True that he was not very effective as a change of pace back, but when he started and played most of the GB game, I thought he played very well given enough carries. Not to mention, Dick and Marv are on record saying they would feel comfortable starting the season right now with our running backs. While I respect a lot of posters opinions on this board, I'll take Dick and Marv's first. And, whoever we end up giving the ball to this season will do better with our new line.

I totally agree with you here. marv and dick are running the show, no one on this board has any more power than i do.

I don't expect a running back to be taken until round 3. But i also wouldnt be surprised to find out we took on in round 6. Marv and Dick know what we need and whats available, and until they give me a reason to doubt them i trust Marv

I agree that we are not as desperate at running back as most here and everyone in the "media" seems to think we are.

I would not be surprised at all if Marv is willing to give the combination of Thomas, Fred Jackson and a second day draft pick a chance to be RB by committee.

However, it will not include Ramonce Taylor. He was arrested in 2006 for marijuana possession and Marv will not draft him.

More likely second day candidates are Garrett Wolfe from Northern Illinois or Alonzo Coleman from Hampton.

Today ..... Palm Beach Post /// Dolphins say they need quantity over quality draft picks to rebuild team.

Sounds to me like we can have Ricky for the asking and some low round picks.

Ricky Williams & Bills O line = playoffs....

GITERDONE Marv.

I know everyone thinks Ricky is weird but he seems to have gotten his issues sorted out. That being said, we are looking for high character, SELF MOTIVATED guys. The second part seems like a problem to me. I saw that interview he did with Terrell Davis (for HBO I think) and he said playing again was a test for him to see how he could handle the pressure. I dunno how much passion "I wanna see how I handle the pressure" brings.