Now that Miami will get green

I don't think it solidifies anything for them. It will make Brady Quinn a likely target, but there is no guarantee he makes it past #3.

What it means for us is that the glorious run of castoffs and scrubs that the Dolphins have comically tried to replace Dan Marino with may finally be coming to an end.

Does that solidify their taking Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russel?

What does that mean for us?

They also said they would be taking another QB as well. I don't think it will be a 1st rounder but maybe a 3rd or 4th.

I don't think it really means anything to us except better sack totals in 2007 cuz we all know Green is as mobile as Bledsoe is these days. :D

Culpepper may be all done. He did not get medical clearance for mini camp & may not be ready for camp in late July. Any team that signs him will PUP him going into camp. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits out 2007 and tries for a 2008 comeback. By then, it might be all over for him. With all the progress in surgery, sometimes a knee injury still becomes a career ender.

I don't think it solidifies anything for them. It will make Brady Quinn a likely target, but there is no guarantee he makes it past #3.

What it means for us is that the glorious run of castoffs and scrubs that the Dolphins have comically tried to replace Dan Marino with may finally be coming to an end.

:D;):blink:

Not so sure about that. Otherwise, why would KC be so eager to wave goodbye to Green? Just like Culpepper, all those 3,000-yard seasons happened before a major injury... could the next shot to Green's helmet lead to a Steve Young-type career-ending scenario?

Not so sure about that. Otherwise, why would KC be so eager to wave goodbye to Green? Just like Culpepper, all those 3,000-yard seasons happened before a major injury... could the next shot to Green's helmet lead to a Steve Young-type career-ending scenario?

Oh absolutely this could be the end of Green's career and/or effectiveness. But I wholeheartedly believe that there is no QB on the Dolphins roster worth a sht. At the very least, Miami's interest in Green shows me that they are serious about upgrading the position. Albeit, Culpepper was a similar move.

negative. I don't think quinn or russell will become the franchise type build-a-superbowl-team-around quarterback. So I think it means the glorious run continues.

negative. I don't think quinn or russell will become the franchise type build-a-superbowl-team-around quarterback. So I think it means the glorious run continues.

Perhaps not....but I'd bet they become better than the stiffs that we've gotten to enjoy for the past 7-8 years. :D

By then, it might be all over for him. With all the progress in surgery, sometimes a knee injury still becomes a career ender.

His career was over the moment Randy Moss left for Oakland. Even before the injury, he was one of the most over-hyped QBs of our day.

While Green doesn't scare me overall, when both are healthy, he scares me a lot more than Culpepper ever would.

This could mean Cullpepper goes to Oakland to reunite with Moss. CJ goes #1 overall, and mock drafters everywhere explode.
Oakland may well end up with Cullpepper, but I don't see Miami cutting him untill well after the draft. I think it is 50/50 either way the Raiders pick Johnson.

His career was over the moment Randy Moss left for Oakland. Even before the injury, he was one of the most over-hyped QBs of our day.

I have to agree with this. I remember when Miami traded for Culpepper, everybody was saying it was a great move & this may put them over the top etc... I remember thinking, before he got injured with Minn, he was having one of the worse years a starting qb could have. I dont remember the exact stat, but I remember being pretty bad. In a way, this move by Miami, really set this franchise back a few years, kinda like the bledsoe trade did for us. Hopefully, the phins are in the cellar for the rest of the decade.