Michael Turner - ESPN INSIDER

jri111

So now I'm confused. You call Turner "a one dimensional player that will get our QB killed because he can't block," but when MDH argues that he never saw Rivers get killed as a result of Turner missing an assignment, you say that's because he was never in on passing downs.

If he was never in on passing downs, then how do you know he's "a one dimensional player that will get our QB killed because he can't block."

You're spinning in circles, man.

Yeah, this is what I was going to get to as well. He's never seen him miss the assignments and is just making a wild assumption he can't block because he didn't have as many receptions. Of course, I'm not sure how reception total is indicative of whether or not he can block or not but I guess in some people's mind it's a clear indication. :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now I'm confused. You call Turner "a one dimensional player that will get our QB killed because he can't block," but when MDH argues that he never saw Rivers get killed as a result of Turner missing an assignment, you say that's because he was never in on passing downs.

If he was never in on passing downs, then how do you know he's "a one dimensional player that will get our QB killed because he can't block."

You're spinning in circles, man.

I was just about to post the same thing. Was it Obie that threw out MT's longest carry in each game? :lol:

I guess my feeling on this whole thing is

IS MT BETTER THEN ANY BACK WE CAN GET IN THE 1ST OR SECOND ROUND

My inclination is that AJ simply doesn't want to deal with us and would drive a steeper price simply out of spite......and if that is the case then good luck with MT.

If he is willing to be reasonable.....knowing that the bills are a biulding organization and NEED the player that a 1st rounder would bring.....then we could make a deal......

Yeah, this is what I was going to get to as well. He's never seen him miss the assignments and is just making a wild assumption he can't block because he didn't have as many receptions. Of course, I'm not sure how reception total is indicative of whether or not he can block or not but I guess in some people's mind it's a clear indication. :lol:

In an offense that is geared to using the RB extensively, I find it extremely troubling that when Turner is in the game they change their offense to avoid bad things happening when they throw the ball - like poorly run patterns, dropped passes, missed blitz pickups, missed blocks.

In an offense that is geared to using the RB extensively, I find it extremely troubling that when Turner is in the game they change their offense to avoid bad things happening when they throw the ball - like poorly run patterns, dropped passes, missed blitz pickups, missed blocks.

Review the bit in boldface above and explain to me why you know this to be true. Please cite examples.

Forgive me for sounding like a skeptic, but you seem to be pretty confident about something based on the fact that you're pretty confident about it.

You find it troubling that they change their offense because Turner isn't the same type of back as LT? Not being the all around back LT is doesn't mean he can't block or catch, it means that he's not the all around back that LT is (newsflash: nobody is). You're jumping to conclusions that he simply can't do these things when you have no actual evidence to back it up.

Also, if he simply can not catch or block that must mean that defenses simply stack the LoS when he's in the game because there is absolutely no threat of the pass, right? How do you explain his 6 YPC average if defenses are stacking the line knowing that the Chargers are going to run the ball every single time?

Catching the ball 3 times does not mean they do not throw the ball when Turner is in the game, it means they don't throw the ball to Turner as much as they do to LT. That is all you can conclude from that specific stat.