RUMOR: Keith Olbermann to join CBS Pre-Game Show

I might have some of my facts mixed up here, but I was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and he brought up Keith Olbermann joining a pre-game show (i think on CBS). Keith didnt reject the claim, but kept saying "thanks for that dan, my agent isnt going to be happy" and the OJ "If i did it" line. It was quite apparent that it was going to happen and Dan let the cat out of the bag on national radio before the t's were crossed and the i's were dotted.

Im sure nobody cares...But its better than looking at one more post about JP being a good DT.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Rush get the chance first?

LOL....funny memory there. Rush did exactly what Rush would be expected to do and all the gutless turds who are slaves to the almighty PC Gods feign "outrage" before dumping him.

Imus should have taken notes.

LOL....funny memory there. Rush did exactly what Rush would be expected to do and all the gutless turds who are slaves to the almighty PC Gods feign "outrage" before dumping him.

Imus should have taken notes.

Limbaugh is not only stupid, repetitive, and lacking in substance when it comes to politics...but he was also stupid, repetitive, and lacked substance in his brief flirtations with NFL tonight.

There simply arent enough knuckle dragging red necks to have made him a viable sports anchor for long...the fact that he made stupid (and extremely racist) remarks that would lead to his termination has nothing to do with a liberal media bias

Limbaugh is not only stupid, repetitive, and lacking in substance when it comes to politics...but he was also stupid, repetitive, and lacked substance in his brief flirtations with NFL tonight.

There simply arent enough knuckle dragging red necks to have made him a viable sports anchor for long...the fact that he made stupid (and extremely racist) remarks that would lead to his termination has nothing to do with a liberal media bias

And Overbite needs to get back to sports....something he knows.

yes yes.

And this long winded diatribe was prolly (please don't hate me Beerballl) written by some Far Left wing leaning Liberal Democrat.

About to punch the Hillary ticket! ( God help us all )

If this is the debate that is going to determine elections, we better go to war with every nation possible because you left wing leaning, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Hillary Clinton types are certainly going to kill us with your passive nature while the barbarians strike bombs at us.

God help us all as we appear to be intent on killing each other and when enough is enough, is anyones guess.

In the meantime, I hope you don't lose any of your family members. God Speed.

Yeah - as if the republicans have done a real bang up job running this counrty :devil: Obviously, everyone who's not a right wing lunatic is an enemy of america and will get your relatives killed if you vote for them. Keep drinkin' the cool aid and watching Fox News. Whatever.

People that defend obvious pieces of crap like racist Limbaugh lose all credibility in my book.

People that defend obvious pieces of crap like racist Limbaugh lose all credibility in my book.

I think that Limbaugh is an obvious piece of crap too, and I was bothered less by him getting canned than I was about him getting hired in the first place.

However, I think it was ludicrous that he was fired by ESPN for the particular statement he made. He was commenting more on the motives of the media and their cannonizing of McNabb as an all-time great, before McNabb had actually earned it. I am a fan of McNabb, but I happen to think Limbaugh was more wrong than right in this case. Limbaugh wasn't commenting on McNabb,s he was commenting on the media. ESPN hired him, theoretically, to have an opinion.

I consider myself one of those who leans to the left. In theory, there is nothing wrong with political correctness...it becomes a negative thing when people lose the ability to put anything into context. I am assuming beerme 1 is joking with his post...I hope...pretty funny stuff...

I happen to like Olberman, but I hope CBS doesn't hire him....I am just tired of all the silly controversy of the types that will surely follow...l just want to tune into football and see football..when I watch the pre-game shows (something I rarely do anymore, sadly), I don't want to hear everyones' "take" on off the field issues....I am just sick of it all! Save that crap for the "hardcore news" channels like CNN and FOX...

yes yes.

And this long winded diatribe was prolly (please don't hate me Beerballl) written by some Far Left wing leaning Liberal Democrat.

About to punch the Hillary ticket! ( God help us all )

If this is the debate that is going to determine elections, we better go to war with every nation possible because you left wing leaning, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Hillary Clinton types are certainly going to kill us with your passive nature while the barbarians strike bombs at us.

God help us all as we appear to be intent on killing each other and when enough is enough, is anyones guess.

In the meantime, I hope you don't lose any of your family members. God Speed.

I think the smarter democrats are subscribing to Barack Obama not Hillary, Jesse and AL! The barbarians that strike bombs at us were not located in the current country we are occupying :devil: You sound like an ignornat fool advocating for an adminstration that has essentailly polarized this nation!

I concur about you Rush assesment, but I fail to recognize the correlation of "extremely racist" remarks and what Imus said (particulary in the context of which he said it).His comments were wrong and imprudent to say but did not warrant the public lynching he recieved!

I concur about you Rush assesment, but I fail to recognize the correlation of "extremely racist" remarks and what Imus said (particulary in the context of which he said it).His comments were wrong and imprudent to say but did not warrant the public lynching he recieved!

Ummmm.... are you referring to Rush or Imus? Because if its the latter and you can excuse "nappy headed hoes" as just "wrong and imprudent" but not warranting his termination.... than this conversation is pointless mr. Falwell, Im sorry to have bothered you.

If you are talking about Rush...please, the man said that blacks dont make good QBs and it was the media's overwhelming PC desire to have one that lead to Donovan's reputation

Oh..and BTW, Olbermann is generally considered one of the best Sports Center anchors ever (this was before the days of Stephen A Smith) and there is no reason that his addition to an NFL program wouldn't be for football commentary... the man clearly has a sports background

If you are talking about Rush...please, the man said that blacks dont make good QBs and it was the media's overwhelming PC desire to have one that lead to Donovan's reputation

Jeez...I can't believe I am having to defend that piece of crap Rush Limbaugh....do you see what is wrong with this statement? Limbaugh never said "blacks don't make good QB's"...never! If you remember, at the time, Donovan was playing horrible football, and it was the talk of all the football commentaters. Limbaugh was simply saying that he felt the PC media had made Donovan out to be better than he was, because they had an agenda to create a black QB superstar. He never said anything about other black QB's....never ever! He was critiquing the media, more than he was Donovan.

What I found funny was that when the story broke, even McNab realized this. He thought it was no big deal, and wasn't offended by it at all. It wasn't until the story was picked up by every other media outlet, and stretched until all context of the actual statements were lost, that Donovan started to play the role of the victim. This kind of thing happens far too often.

Belive me, I am not shedding a tear for Rush Limbaugh...I can't stand him...but he is every bit a "victim" in that situation as Donovan McNab or "all black QB's" were.

Jeez...I can't believe I am having to defend that piece of crap Rush Limbaugh....do you see what is wrong with this statement? Limbaugh never said "blacks don't make good QB's"...never! If you remember, at the time, Donovan was playing horrible football, and it was the talk of all the football commentaters. Limbaugh was simply saying that he felt the PC media had made Donovan out to be better than he was, because they had an agenda to create a black QB superstar. He never said anything about other black QB's....never ever! He was critiquing the media, more than he was Donovan.

What I found funny was that when the story broke, even McNab realized this. He thought it was no big deal, and wasn't offended by it at all. It wasn't until the story was picked up by every other media outlet, and stretched until all context of the actual statements were lost, that Donovan started to play the role of the victim. This kind of thing happens far too often.

Belive me, I am not shedding a tear for Rush Limbaugh...I can't stand him...but he is every bit a "victim" in that situation as Donovan McNab or "all black QB's" were.

I think the problem is that most folks watch the entertaining game of football because it is an area where political ideology though it may impact some things for some people is simply not the major force to explain most things in football.

If Olbermann comes to a pre-game show he would be well advised to learn from the Rush example (and as ESPN learned) that folks are watching the game to watch the game and they vote, attend meetings or brainlessly call into Limbaugh or watch MSNBC to get their political fix or info.

Ultimately ideological rants are simply a distraction from the game for the most part are fairly simplistic explanations which end up being even more off-point than even my overly complex analyses of the game.

IIRC thats pretty much the way it went down. Rush slammed the media not McNabb. With that said Rush is a contemptible human being that deserved it for other things he said. Mind you hes slick and just slides in the knife as opposed to butchering someone. I listen to him on occasion and hes a great liar. Oh and as to Donovan I agree with him...the media wanted to make him out to be far greater than he was.