major noreaster on the way

Pete

The storm system that is wreaking havoc in the south is gonna get stronger and head up north-Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, maybe Tuesday will be intense rain and winds!

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMaste...p;tstamp=200704

heres a list of the Storm Prediction Center high risk days, the south is in one today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SPC_High_Risk_days

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The storm system that is wreaking havoc in the south is gonna get stronger and head up north-Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, maybe Tuesday will be intense rain and winds!

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMaste...p;tstamp=200704

heres a list of the Storm Prediction Center high risk days, the south is in one today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SPC_High_Risk_days

:lol: I'll be pissed if the weather is crappy and my school doesn't cancel again :lol:

Hooray snow. :devil:

I miss the warm weather I had in Argentina. Hopefully that will arrive soon. :devil:

(Ps - I'm going to be studying meteorology this fall so I got to keep up with the forecasts before I go to college. Not sure how much this will help me but I don't think anyone else on the board is a Meteorologist.)

Not sure how much this will help me but I don't think anyone else on the board is a Meteorologist.

Well, I may not be a meteorologist, but I dd stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

ba

dump

bump

:devil:

Hooray snow. :devil:

I miss the warm weather I had in Argentina. Hopefully that will arrive soon. :devil:

(Ps - I'm going to be studying meteorology this fall so I got to keep up with the forecasts before I go to college. Not sure how much this will help me but I don't think anyone else on the board is a Meteorologist.)

Cool! I am fascinated by weather! Meterology is a very tough major- very math intensive. Atmospheric physics is pretty tough stuff. Best of luck to you!

Cool! I am fascinated by weather! Meterology is a very tough major- very math intensive. Atmospheric physics is pretty tough stuff. Best of luck to you!

Did I fail to mention that I'll be changing my name on this account once I graduate HS on May 12th. I won't tell you what it is. You'll just have to wait.

Did I fail to mention that I'll be changing my name on this account once I graduate HS on May 12th. I won't tell you what it is. You'll just have to wait.

formerly LSI Cadet?

We are in Long Island, the wind is pretty bad and they are doing reports from a few miles away about flooding. We are on the water and have sandbagged the area surrounding the house and we are waiting for high tide to come and go. Looks like the tide is dropping, but we will get a new one at 7:41 PM. I also picked up a 2300 watt generator to make sure the sump stays on and allow me to keep at least one refridgerator going.

We have a storm sewer adjacent to our property, when the tide rises, the seawater comes in and floods the streets and starts the mayhem. Last time we had something like this we took a major hit in the lower part of the house. we had a french drain and sump put in since then. The sump feeds to the sewer main instead of right outside, neighbors who have it just fire the water out and watch it roll back in.

We are in Long Island, the wind is pretty bad and they are doing reports from a few miles away about flooding. We are on the water and have sandbagged the area surrounding the house and we are waiting for high tide to come and go. Looks like the tide is dropping, but we will get a new one at 7:41 PM. I also picked up a 2300 watt generator to make sure the sump stays on and allow me to keep at least one refridgerator going.

We have a storm sewer adjacent to our property, when the tide rises, the seawater comes in and floods the streets and starts the mayhem. Last time we had something like this we took a major hit in the lower part of the house. we had a french drain and sump put in since then. The sump feeds to the sewer main instead of right outside, neighbors who have it just fire the water out and watch it roll back in.

just wait a few hours- we havent seen anything yet. Its windy and pouring here- but not like it will be later on. Good luck