More on Global Warming

You can speculate about the relative age of SilverNRed, but I really want to know how much an Angels' ticket was in 1993 - let alone 1983 ! :nana:

I don't know about 1993, but way back in 1983 we didn't even have tickets we just gave them pieces of slate we chiseled off of rocks from the quarry. Yabba dabba doo!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No speculating... A little research points to he was 12... A wee 12... That must be ONE big jersey his uncle bought... Or else?... :lol::D Silver!

:w00t:

It was a hat, you dumbass! And stop trying to make my precious childhood memories into something bad. :lol:

Hardcore reach? Was Marv in on this study?

Given the size of the reach the article writers made, the choice was between a marv comparison, or a reach-around comparison. I went with the latter.

Given the size of the reach the article writers made, the choice was between a marv comparison, or a reach-around comparison. I went with the latter.

Given the set-up, that was like you setting me up for a one-timer and me burying it in the back of the net.

That's called teamwork.

Given the set-up, that was like you setting me up for a one-timer and me burying it in the back of the net.

That's called teamwork.

Good. Assists are just as good as the goal. Now somehow we need to show the sabres forwards this.

"As psychics, we have been predicting some significant weather shifts for some years now."

Well...they've got to be doing better than meterologists...

:lol:

Actually it's kind of an interesting read....once you get by that disclaimer.

Worldwide, various governmental and private entities have misused the threat of environmental disaster as a means of imposing a level of planning on all human activities that many found unacceptable.

In fact, government, the corporate world and environmental groups should all have faced the real and imminent problems in a clear-headed and practical manner, instead of viewing them through the crazy lens of ideology, be it left or right. Instead, ideology has been placed above need in virtually every case, with the result that the worst possible situation has become true: human activities in the form of greenhouse gas emissions have been allowed to exacerbate a natural cycle, with results that promise to be devastating beyond imagination.

This is the most honest thing I have ever read on Global Warming (take out the "worst possible situation has become true" part), and I had to find it on a website for psychics.

While I don't believe in "global warming" (it's more accurately called "climate change'), I fail to see the problem with reigning in consumption of non-renewable energy sources. I also fail to see the problem with reducing the amount of crap (more specifically, carbon) we put into the atmosphere.

If a side effect of such actions is a healthier environment, reduced incidences of cancer, healthier oceans, bays, and rivers, and ultimately a healthier planet, what's the problem? Every scientific organization, group, and entity has stated that human actions play a role in the climatic changes we've been experiencing over the past century, save for the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. And they don't have an agenda or anything... :blink:

But then again, it's kind of hard to take an organization too seriously when they proclaim a work of fiction (Crichton's State of Fear) worthy of their organization's 2006 Journalism Award.