Would it be surprising if Miami traded up for Quinn?

Alot of the Dolphins have been released or traded. Cam Cameron has been pretty bold in purging this team and not really replacing the players as of yet. I'm more wondering that predicting but it wouldn't surprise me if Miami made a move up in the draft and selected Brady Quinn. Dante Culpepper isn't really entrenched by no stretch of the imagination as the starter let alone still being on the roster come opening day. Aquiring Trent Green and then grooming a young QB could make sense for the Fins. There hasn't been any significant talks or directions on what they are looking to do at the QB position. Matter of fact, they have been pretty quiet about the whole situation.

Miami may have Ricky reinstated but between his head and age trading him could serve to be beneficial. They do have Ronnie Bown and drafting a RB in the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th rd would be sufficent. Trading DL Jason Taylor off would create a twofold benefit, big savings in dollars and retaining a good value for him while they can.

Their offensive line is in better shape than what meets the eye. They have Rex Hadnot at C, T Vernon Carey at RT, LJ Shelton for LT and I would expect Joe Toledo manning one of the G positions. They have a few other O-Linemen but none that really stands out. It looks like they could be a G short and this could lead the Dolphins to be looking along the lines of someone like Auburn's OG Ben Grubbs to man the other G position. Keep in mind that they have OL Coach Hudson Houck that came over from San Diego last year. He's their version of our very own Jim McNally.

Detroit would make an ideal trade partner simply for the fact that they are supposed to be looking to trade down not just once but twice. They could get compensated with a top ten pick, veteran player(s) and what ever other draft pick(s) that it would take to comsumate this trade. Miami has in addition to their 1st rd pick is two in the 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, no 5th, two 6th and two 7th rd picks. They could also borrow from next year's draft if need be. Trading with Detroit also would leapfrog Miami past Cleveland who is a definite threat to be highly interested in Quinn also.

Cam Cameron being a QB coach and forming this team in his imagine makes a trade for a potential franchise type QB believable. I think that if this were to happen then this would shove Adian Peterson right in Cleveland's lap.

It wouldn't surprise me at all either if they traded up for Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell. I think the Raiders and Lions would both move out of their slots and Miami's QB situation is definitely up in the air with Culpepper and Lemon. I think they're definitely taking a QB whether it be one of the forementioned, or they might make a play for Trent Edwards from Stanford, or possibly John Beck from BYU in the 2nd round, or maybe even Drew Stanton from Michigan St. We'll see.

Alot of the Dolphins have been released or traded. Cam Cameron has been pretty bold in purging this team and not really replacing the players as of yet. I'm more wondering that predicting but it wouldn't surprise me if Miami made a move up in the draft and selected Brady Quinn. Dante Culpepper isn't really entrenched by no stretch of the imagination as the starter let alone still being on the roster come opening day. Aquiring Trent Green and then grooming a young QB could make sense for the Fins. There hasn't been any significant talks or directions on what they are looking to do at the QB position. Matter of fact, they have been pretty quiet about the whole situation.

Miami may have Ricky reinstated but between his head and age trading him could serve to be beneficial. They do have Ronnie Bown and drafting a RB in the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th rd would be sufficent. Trading DL Jason Taylor off would create a twofold benefit, big savings in dollars and retaining a good value for him while they can.

Their offensive line is in better shape than what meets the eye. They have Rex Hadnot at C, T Vernon Carey at RT, LJ Shelton for LT and I would expect Joe Toledo manning one of the G positions. They have a few other O-Linemen but none that really stands out. It looks like they could be a G short and this could lead the Dolphins to be looking along the lines of someone like Auburn's OG Ben Grubbs to man the other G position. Keep in mind that they have OL Coach Hudson Houck that came over from San Diego last year. He's their version of our very own Jim McNally.

Detroit would make an ideal trade partner simply for the fact that they are supposed to be looking to trade down not just once but twice. They could get compensated with a top ten pick, veteran player(s) and what ever other draft pick(s) that it would take to comsumate this trade. Miami has in addition to their 1st rd pick is two in the 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, no 5th, two 6th and two 7th rd picks. They could also borrow from next year's draft if need be. Trading with Detroit also would leapfrog Miami past Cleveland who is a definite threat to be highly interested in Quinn also.

Cam Cameron being a QB coach and forming this team in his imagine makes a trade for a potential franchise type QB believable. I think that if this were to happen then this would shove Adian Peterson right in Cleveland's lap.

A Miami Reporter who was on a Local Charlotte Talk Show here yesterday (The Bill Rosinski Show) said Trading up for Quinn is a definite possibility (he seemed to think The Fish do not believe Quinn will be there at #9, and that they REALLY like Quinn)...He said based on the way the Fish have handled the QB situation this Off Season it's obvious to him they have zero confidence in Culpepper ever returning to any form...He also said The Fish were completely screwed due to the Contract they gave Culpepper...Lastly he said that Nick Saben was not only the worst NFL Head Coach he has ever had to cover, but also the worst human being he has ever had to cover...REAL funny stuff... :unsure:

I'm expecting A LOT of activity from many teams this draft, especially teams gunning for the #2 spot from Detroit. I don't believe they will take Joe Thomas like every mock is printing either even if they keep the pick, they have Backus and Forter at the tackles already, although I guess they could move Foster to guard I suppose. The Dolphin QB situation should be quite interesting to watch that's for sure! :thumbdown:

I can't say how he is overall, but every time I saw LJ Shelton, he was shockingly bad He might even be worse than Gandy because he is almost certainly slower. As I recall, he also has a history of injuries.

Actually, I do see the Lions trading down, because I expect them to pass on Thomas and select Levi Brown, and get extra picks. The dolphins would seem to be the perfect partner so I agree with you overall that it is possible. I just don't think that their line is as good as you say, and that their offense overall is nothing special.

From what I've been reading, Oakland will take Johnson with the 1st pick, Cleveland will take Russell with the 3rd pick, and Miami will trade their 1st and 3rd rounders to Washington to get Quinn at pick 6.
I don't know that the Browns would take Russell over Quinn. I guess the Fins would be happy with Russell if he were there and Quinn was gone. What do you think PhinBlitz?

I don't know that the Browns would take Russell over Quinn. I guess the Fins would be happy with Russell if he were there and Quinn was gone. What do you think PhinBlitz?

Well I know Crennel really likes Brady Quinn and Phil Savage (their GM) is absolutely in love with Jamarcus Russell so I'm not sure what would happen there. As for Miami, I think they'd be happy with Russell. The only doubt in my mind is that there is this one guy on the Dolphins message board that I post on that gets inside information (the guy is actually legit and not just one of these stupid people that claim to have "sources") about the NFL. He said there is one team (doesn't know who) that picks from the 7ish-17ish range that needs a QB and projects Russell to be a 2nd rounder. This mystery team I guess has Brady Quinn and Kevin Kolb as their two top QB prospects. It will be interesting to see if this materializes. Quinn is definitely my #1 QB though and I hope Miami does anything possible to get him.

Well I know Crennel really likes Brady Quinn and Phil Savage (their GM) is absolutely in love with Jamarcus Russell so I'm not sure what would happen there. As for Miami, I think they'd be happy with Russell. The only doubt in my mind is that there is this one guy on the Dolphins message board that I post on that gets inside information (the guy is actually legit and not just one of these stupid people that claim to have "sources") about the NFL. He said there is one team (doesn't know who) that picks from the 7ish-17ish range that needs a QB and projects Russell to be a 2nd rounder. This mystery team I guess has Brady Quinn and Kevin Kolb as their two top QB prospects. It will be interesting to see if this materializes. Quinn is definitely my #1 QB though and I hope Miami does anything possible to get him.

Hey...a Phin fan who actually has intellegent things to say...welcome.

Why is Zach "God" Thomas being shopped...I thought he'd have his own Bruschi Bronze Statue by now. I wouldn't mind having Zach Thomas if the compensation was right. What do you think they can get for him?

I can't say how he is overall, but every time I saw LJ Shelton, he was shockingly bad He might even be worse than Gandy because he is almost certainly slower. As I recall, he also has a history of injuries.

Actually, I do see the Lions trading down, because I expect them to pass on Thomas and select Levi Brown, and get extra picks. The dolphins would seem to be the perfect partner so I agree with you overall that it is possible. I just don't think that their line is as good as you say, and that their offense overall is nothing special.

The Dolphins cut loose 5 starters or near starters including their LT.

Hadnot and Carey are all they've got.

They have serious holes to fill- but are counting on thier OL coach to produce miracles. (gee- sound familiar)

Hey...a Phin fan who actually has intellegent things to say...welcome.

Why is Zach "God" Thomas being shopped...I thought he'd have his own Bruschi Bronze Statue by now. I wouldn't mind having Zach Thomas if the compensation was right. What do you think they can get for him?

I've only heard one rumor regarding Zach Thomas in a trade and that was to Denver and it was over a month ago. He won't go anywhere but if they were to shop him I'd say he can get Miami a 2nd round pick at least. He is still one of the top 3 MLBs in the game.

I've only heard one rumor regarding Zach Thomas in a trade and that was to Denver and it was over a month ago. He won't go anywhere but if they were to shop him I'd say he can get Miami a 2nd round pick at least. He is still one of the top 3 MLBs in the game.

yeah - those 34 year old LBs do carry a long shelf life!!

KC wants a 2nd for Trent Green

maybe they should share their delusional fantasies and swap Zach for Green straight up.

yeah - those 34 year old LBs do carry a long shelf life!!

KC wants a 2nd for Trent Green

maybe they should share their delusional fantasies and swap Zach for Green straight up.

There's a huge difference between Zach and Green. Zach is still playing at the highest level he's ever played. Green is coming off a major concussion and did not play well after the injury. I doubt Miami gives up anything more than a 6th for Green because they have all the leverage. I don't know why I'm even talking about Thomas being traded because there is no talk of it.

Of he gets past CLE I can see them swapping 1st rders with the Redskins at 6 and throwing in whatever other pick makes the difference (help with the draft value chart?)

Well I know their 3rd round pick (#71 I believe) will only make it a 15 point difference in Miami's favor. I could see Washington taking that or maybe asking for the 60th pick.

If Miami traded up that would be a shocker. I don't think the Lions would pass up the chance to get a QB like Quinn.

You wouldn't be surprised if Matt Millen made a bad decision? Try to pay at least SOME attention to what's going on.