First day draft scenarios

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

Great Blue North has updated their 3 round mock draft and so I decided to map out three possible draft scenarios for the Bills. I only picked players that were available when the Bills turn came. The third scenario is the Bills swaping first round picks with Denver (who after missing out on Patrick Kearney would possibly love to be able to draft Adam Carriker) with the Bills also getting Denver's second round pick. It's only a scenario, pure speculation on my part. BTW, Peterson was off the board.

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

Though I really like Lynch, the other two scenarios would also work for me. But then again, I was the one picking them.

Great Blue North has updated their 3 round mock draft and so I decided to map out three possible draft scenarios for the Bills. I only picked players that were available when the Bills turn came. The third scenario is the Bills swaping first round picks with Denver (who after missing out on Patrick Kearney would possibly love to be able to draft Adam Carriker) with the Bills also getting Denver's second round pick. It's only a scenario, pure speculation on my part. BTW, Peterson was off the board.

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

Though I really like Lynch, the other two scenarios would also work for me. But then again, I was the one picking them.

I don't understand why so many people are so high on Leonard for the Bills? Especially with a 2nd round draft pick. Wasn't this the guy who was a RB for multiple years and then got switched to a FB his senior year because of a better RB on the team?

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

If we're not going to trade for Turner or draft a RB in round one, and do take Willis, I very much like the idea of drafting Leonard and Pittman (or perhaps Booker, Bush, etc.) It would immediately fill a lot of holes and we wouldn't have to necessarily count on Leonard or Pittman to be a stud. We could use two backs. Leonard could immediately be the third down back and short yardage back and fullback if we needed one. he wouldn't have to be counted on as being a full time workhorse RB but could be very valuable. And we could run a RBBC of A train, Leonard and Pittman.

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

I like the 1st one except there is no way we draft a FB in the 2nd round.

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

Also how did we get the second 2nd round pick in the 3rd scenario?

I love the Waters pick up in the 3rd! He's a guy who not many are talking about but who could definitely handle the punishment that the MLB position requires. By the way, he is available in the 3rd because of an injury last year. I see him as a less athletic but stronger Patrick Wills, who after a year of being eased into the system with a little more playing time as the year goes on, switch to MLB full time next year with Crowell moving back outside. Can't wait for the draft man!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we're not going to trade for Turner or draft a RB in round one, and do take Willis, I very much like the idea of drafting Leonard and Pittman (or perhaps Booker, Bush, etc.) It would immediately fill a lot of holes and we wouldn't have to necessarily count on Leonard or Pittman to be a stud. We could use two backs. Leonard could immediately be the third down back and short yardage back and fullback if we needed one. he wouldn't have to be counted on as being a full time workhorse RB but could be very valuable. And we could run a RBBC of A train, Leonard and Pittman.

Now I only wish the Bills can find this year's Marques Colston on day two.

Laurent Robinson perhaps?...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/robinson_laurent

After seeing 5000 posts and articles and video and mock drafts I think I've decided I would be happy if we got Patrick Willis. I don't like the prospect of have to deal with the name "Willis" so soon, but maybe it'll help us quickly erase the memory. Plus.. yeah seems like a good player with a great outlook on life. Marv's kind of guy.

Looking how GBN has the players falling I'd have to Grab Branch with our first- I like Lynch but I would be pretty excited about a draft day like this.

1. Alan Branch

2. CB - there are CBs who are going to be availible to the Bills who physically are on par with the CBs going in the first round- Eric Wright, Marcus McCauley, John Wade

3a. best LB avail- example Justin Durant or Buster Davis

3b part of the Turner trade

4 best LB Avail-example Quincy Black or Antwan Barnes

5th part of Turner trade -best WR or RB Avail- Jackie Battle

6th best RB or WR-Laurent Robinson

7a best player avail- Courtney Brown CB

7b Jordan Kent wr

I have to chime in about Leonard. Like Kelly and Daq, the only way I would want to see the Bills taking Leonard is if it's in conjunction with another RB like Pittman or Bush. I'm not certain why everyone on TSW seems to be enamored with Leonard. To me he is nothing but a Rob Konrad clone with a bit more speed. He's not even Alstott (sp) -- and I think Alstott was perhaps the most overrated player in the history of the NFL. Big statement, I know. That man owes his entire career to John Madden. But that's a different rant.

Konrad and Alstott are fine at what they do -- but neither are guys you build a rushing attack around. I would argue it's difficult to even build a RB by committee approach with them and a true TB because of their limitations. Factoring in all those considerations, I think it would be a terrible waste of a pick for the Bills to take Leonard with a 2nd rounder and expect him to fulfill the gaping hole in the backfield.

But that's me.

I have to chime in about Leonard. Like Kelly and Daq, the only way I would want to see the Bills taking Leonard is if it's in conjunction with another RB like Pittman or Bush. I'm not certain why everyone on TSW seems to be enamored with Leonard. To me he is nothing but a Rob Konrad clone with a bit more speed. He's not even Alstott (sp) -- and I think Alstott was perhaps the most overrated player in the history of the NFL. Big statement, I know. That man owes his entire career to John Madden. But that's a different rant.

Konrad and Alstott are fine at what they do -- but neither are guys you build a rushing attack around. I would argue it's difficult to even build a RB by committee approach with them and a true TB because of their limitations. Factoring in all those considerations, I think it would be a terrible waste of a pick for the Bills to take Leonard with a 2nd rounder and expect him to fulfill the gaping hole in the backfield.

But that's me.

I agree, for another reason. It would take up 2 draft picks to get Leonard and, say, Pittman. We need those picks for other positions.

After seeing 5000 posts and articles and video and mock drafts I think I've decided I would be happy if we got Patrick Willis. I don't like the prospect of have to deal with the name "Willis" so soon, but maybe it'll help us quickly erase the memory. Plus.. yeah seems like a good player with a great outlook on life. Marv's kind of guy.

what will erase that memory the best is..we draft patrick willis ..he crushes willis mcgahee when we play the ravens

1st scenario:

1st Patrick Willis MLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

3rd Antonio Pittman RB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

2nd scenario:

1st Marshawn Lynch RB

2nd Josh Wilson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Anthony Waters OLB

3rd scenario:

1st Paul Posluszny OLB

2nd Brian Leonard FB

2nd Tanard Jackson CB

3rd Justin Durant MLB

3rd Brandon Jackson RB

Absolutely ZERO chance of drafting a FB in the 2nd round.

Absolutely ZERO chance of drafting a FB in the 2nd round.

I respectfully disagree. Especially when the FB is as talented a receiver as Leonard. He would start from day 1 and I bet he would lead the team in receptions this year. We need a pass catching FB or a TE thats a receiving threat