Who will be our starting 5 OL for 2007

Sounds like they are crunching some numbers together for a possible deal with Tennessee.

As much as I would love Turner on our team, I wouldn't do so by giving up our first round pick this year.

A third this year and a second next year would do it for me or I might even look at a third this year and "possibly" a first next year. Turner is the real deal (in my opinion) but I would hate to make this move and then lose out on a chance to draft an Okoye, Willis, or Peterson. I don't think Okoye or Peterson will last to 12 anyway but if they did and we had given up our #1 pick this year...............................UGGGGGGGGGGGG

I have to believe one of those three might be available at #12.

Not to be one of "those guys", but there are several threads discussing this, all on the front page (at least my front page of the board. You might want to just take a quick peek at the Wall, before slapping down a new thread.

Just, IMAO.

EDIT, I'm leaving my post above "as is", just as a reference for later use. Thanks, to Matty T for the idea to amend this, in response to the original poster's bait-and-switch on the subject and 1st post of the thread.

I'm thinking Preston and then Pennington beating out Langston Walker.

Im thinking Preston sucks and the only way he starts is if langston is RT and Whittle blows goats.

BTW The responses dontmatch teh thread title. What is going on?

I'm freakin speechless (yet I continue...how odd). You changed the subject of the thread, AND your intro post, after there had already been several replies?

I LOVE (or hate) that. Think of the fun to be had...

I'm freakin speechless (yet I continue...how odd). You changed the subject of the thread, AND your intro post, after there had already been several replies?

This IS fun. I had to hit "Refresh" to see if you had changed your post yet....

i hate it.

If this ends up being true, the Bills just pissed away a huge amount of money on Walker. You don't pay a guy that kind of money to be a backup now matter how poorly he plays in training camp.

I tried to delete the original post not realizing there were so many other similar threads out there and all I could find was the "edit" or "reply" comment.

So I changed the subject, started a new thread, and was hoping you would delete your original response.

Obviously that didn't happen so while you keep dwelling on the original post and continuing to cry about things, other people are moving on and only responding to the new subject. Get over it!

I agree with the other posters. I could care less if he lines up at RG or RT, but he's going to be one of the starting five with that kind of salary.

Oh and even without the salary, Preston isn't beating out Walker's grandmother.

Oh, you're right................the Bills way overpaid this average at best RT and gave him the position strictly because of the money they're dishing out.

Nice job bonehead but things don't work that way in the NFL, nothing is given to anyone.

No one is saying Pennington is definitely penciled in as our starting RT just like nobody, including from the Bills organization have confirmed that Walker is starting. Things will play out and the best player by the end of the pre-season will take it.

So you think we paid Walker 25 mil to sit on the bench?

There is no way he won't start and most likely RT.

Oh, you're right................the Bills way overpaid this average at best RT and gave him the position strictly because of the money they're dishing out.

No one is saying Pennington is definitely penciled in as our starting RT just like nobody, including from the Bills organization have confirmed that Walker is starting. .

No, but it is a pretty safe bet. At his "cash to cap" press conference, Marv complained about the TE having to help the OTs, and he certainly wasn't talking about Peters.

Walker might be "average at best." I don't know, but it is a safe bet to assume that Marv and Co. don't think that he is for 25 million (not that 25 mil for an OT breaks the bank these days).

No, but it is a pretty safe bet. At his "cash to cap" press conference, Marv complained about the TE having to help the OTs, and he certainly wasn't talking about Peters.

Walker might be "average at best." I don't know, but it is a safe bet to assume that Marv and Co. don't think that he is for 25 million (not that 25 mil for an OT breaks the bank these days).

And that's the point, William: w/ the way the cap has gone up, $25 million isn't a huge salary. It's still a lot of money, but not in relation to the cap and to some of the salaries that have been given out for linemen this offseason.

If this ends up being true, the Bills just pissed away a huge amount of money on Walker. You don't pay a guy that kind of money to be a backup now matter how poorly he plays in training camp.

You put the best players on the field, regardless of pay. So if Walker turns out to be a poor investment, so be it. But it's better to be sitting on a couple of good options rather than saying outright that Pennington is not going to be the guy. As was the case with JP last year, the competition will do everybody good.

Pennington may have been a 7th rounder but we have seen street free agents blossom into great tackles. It's not the norm but it does happen. At the same time, the investment in Walker will no go unnoticed and if he is the man for the job he will surely earn it.

I looked into that. At RT Pashos moved for 5 yrs. 24 million, Petitgout 3 yrs. 15 milion; Stinchcomb stayed (NOrl) for 2 yrs. 7 million --- they were considered best of breed.

Interestingly, two marginal Left Tackles that moved are expected to start for around 2 million a year -- Damion McIntosh (KC) and Jordan Black (Hou)... best of luck Mr. Schaub.

Walker is a significant investment. He will play right tackle whether we prefer him at guard or not.

You put the best players on the field, regardless of pay. So if Walker turns out to be a poor investment, so be it. But it's better to be sitting on a couple of good options rather than saying outright that Pennington is not going to be the guy. As was the case with JP last year, the competition will do everybody good.

Pennington may have been a 7th rounder but we have seen street free agents blossom into great tackles. It's not the norm but it does happen. At the same time, the investment in Walker will no go unnoticed and if he is the man for the job he will surely earn it.

This is not a Bennie Anderson, Mike Gandy or Tutan Reyes type signing. If Walker isn't starting on opening day, Marv is going to have some serious egg on his face.

This is not a Bennie Anderson, Mike Gandy or Tutan Reyes type signing. If Walker isn't starting on opening day, Marv is going to have some serious egg on his face.

Yes, unless the sky literally falls and lands on Walker causing him injury, he is going to start somewhere on this line opening day. Even with the gross inflation of contracts these days, 5 years and 25 million is not backup money. We paid him to start and he will start opening day and how he fares from there, we all will see and the coaching staff will evaluate. We obviously didn't sign him to the contract we signed him to because we think he's a piece of shiit. He will be given his due time to prove he is a as good as the contract we gave him. To do otherwise would be utterly foolhardy.

Your a moron if you truley believe Preston and Pennington will BEAT out Walker for a Starting job

With what Walkers being payed, he was brought here as a starter because the Bills know that one (or both) of those 2 are not starting caliber. The only way Walker doesn't start is if he is injured in Training camp/preseason

You're absolutely right, he's being paid "starter money". Now he has to match that with "starter level play" or else he will sit his butt on the bench. Marv, Jaruon and Co see some obvious potential in him that if he plays up to, he will no doubt start. Since he has yet to prove himself as anything more then an average RT, nothing is given and he will have to earn it, regardless of how much he is being paid.

Oh, by the way..............you wouldn't happen to be Polish, would you? :w00t:

Your a moron if you truley believe Preston and Pennington will BEAT out Walker for a Starting job

With what Walkers being payed, he was brought here as a starter because the Bills know that one (or both) of those 2 are not starting caliber. The only way Walker doesn't start is if he is injured in Training camp/preseason

You're absolutely right, he's being paid "starter money". Now he has to match that with "starter level play" or else he will sit his butt on the bench. Marv, Jaruon and Co see some obvious potential in him that if he plays up to, he will no doubt start. Since he has yet to prove himself as anything more then an average RT, nothing is given and he will have to earn it, regardless of how much he is being paid.

Oh, by the way..............you wouldn't happen to be Polish, would you? :)

Yes I am actually, how did you guess :w00t:

Is there a problem with that?

I don't want to overanalyze or anything but when someone goes around calling people "moron", yet they themselves don't know how to spell "truly" and also use the word "Your" when it should be "You're", it can become quite amusing. :):w00t:

Oh, and I don't have a problem with you being Polish at all.

Obviously that problem has affected you though. ;)

I don't want to overanalyze or anything but when someone goes around calling people "moron", yet they themselves don't know how to spell "truly" and also use the word "Your" when it should be "You're", it can become quite amusing. :):w00t:

Oh, and I don't have a problem with you being Polish at all.

Obviously that problem has affected you though. ;)

wow, now the grammar police are out on an internet message board

I'm sorry you're correct, I'm the moron cause I used Your instead of You're and mispelled Truly (and apparently because I'm Polish)

But you are the smart one cause you believe 2 guys who were only starting because there was no better option (and the GM of the team has called them out as being weaknesses) will beat out a starting caliber player who was just payed starter money

Right

I looked into that. At RT Pashos moved for 5 yrs. 24 million, Petitgout 3 yrs. 15 milion; Stinchcomb stayed (NOrl) for 2 yrs. 7 million --- they were considered best of breed.

Interestingly, two marginal Left Tackles that moved are expected to start for around 2 million a year -- Damion McIntosh (KC) and Jordan Black (Hou)... best of luck Mr. Schaub.

Walker is a significant investment. He will play right tackle whether we prefer him at guard or not.

You forgot Kareem Mckenzie.

John Runyon gets paid a lot too, and he will turn 34 in November.

I agree that he will play RT, unless he completely bombs in training camp, but they DID see enough in him to shell out some good money.

Mckenzie is who you were looking for the other day, yes ? That is obscene. He looks like a cap casualty in waiting if I remember how contracts were generally structured in 2005.

Runyan is certainly in line. I still have to think that Walker is being paid like a premiere RT -- which is fine if he indeed matures into one.

I am going to apoligize for my moron comment earlier, I did not realise the person I said it about is so mentally unstable that I would now have a stalker on my hands looking up info through my profile on me and making judgements about me based on my non existent info in my profile.

It was a comment I made and still stand by, but apparently some have very thin skin and don't know how to let things go. Between the PM's telling me how I'm the moron because I don't have perfect grammar, and then shots at my ethnicity, I have decided to retract my comments

Now back to the discussion at hand

I am going to apoligize for my moron comment earlier, I did not realise the person I said it about is so mentally unstable that I would now have a stalker on my hands looking up info through my profile on me and making judgements about me based on my non existent info in my profile.

It was a comment I made and still stand by, but apparently some have very thin skin and don't know how to let things go. Between the PM's telling me how I'm the moron because I don't have perfect grammar, and then shots at my ethnicity, I have decided to retract my comments

Now back to the discussion at hand

Never negotiate with terrorists!

I got a stupid pissed-off PM from the idiot, too. Whaddayagonna do?