Offensive Line?

Frez

Are we happy with what we have right now with our offensive line situation going into this season? Can they get the job done this year? It ALWAYS seems to be an issue year in and year out.

I'm happy that the names have changed at a couple of the positions. Dockery seems to be a clear upgrade while I'm hopeful Walker is in a better place to succeed. RG, RT is a bit sketchy in that we're not sure who will play where, regardless of what the depth chart states.

I'm also hopeful for an injury free camp leading up to the season so this unit, however constructed, can become the cohesive unit we'd all like to see it become.

I've stated before that I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us land Levi Brown should he be there at #12. Not likely there, I understand, but I pick him if he were. Lock him in at RT and move Walker, long arms and all, to RG.

Hell, while we're at it, lets move back up into the 1st and select Kalil. Not only will you have the Best OL, but the best depth that is necassary. Forget about your OL for the foreseeable future.

Ignoring other needs? I guess, but our strength, ladies and gentlemen, will be clearly defined.

We're not winning a SB this year anyway, a news bulletin I know, but we'd have the rest of this years draft and next to fill other holes. Some of you who clearly are more in tune with potential LB, CB and RB gems could perhaps fill in the blanks for these positions later in this years draft that you'd deem acceptable.

Lets create a ROCK SOLID foundation. I can't think of a better way, but then again, what the hell do I know?

I like the LT, LG, C side of things.

I don't think we have any idea what the Bills have in RG and RT. Or TE for that matter.

Right now, without seeing them play a down I would give them a C+ and would be happy if we are able to give them a grade of B+ by the time the season starts.

Am I happy with the current line, sure, why not, it looks better on paper then last year, but what does it matter what I or any of the other posters here think, as long as DJ and Marv are happy and brought the best guys here they could to make it better, thats all that matters to me.

On a side note, i don't see them drafting anyone this year, unless its a day 2 pick on the o-line or d-line.

I am always stoked in the off season...hopefully there will be reason for continued optimism during the regular season. Hopefully, Marv and the boys made some good calls on the guys we acquired and the coache are able to turn that talent into production. That is always the key in team sports and that is why coaches get paid.

It is an interesting thought trying to draft Levi Brown & get back up in the late 1st rnd to get Cahlil. You certainly would be neglecting several needs but my bet would be that by the end of the 2007 season/beginning of the 2008 season the bills would indeed have a top five line. Not a bad way to approach the draft.

It is an interesting thought trying to draft Levi Brown & get back up in the late 1st rnd to get Cahlil. You certainly would be neglecting several needs but my bet would be that by the end of the 2007 season/beginning of the 2008 season the bills would indeed have a top five line. Not a bad way to approach the draft.

They'd have a top 5 line, with a last place defence, no running game to run behind that o-line, and still missing the playoffs.

Yes, it is a bad way to approach a draft, especially when your a building team with other HUGE holes to fill. Your getting back into TD type drafts now by ignoring glaring needs to bring in luxury picks

Are we happy with what we have right now with our offensive line situation going into this season? Can they get the job done this year? It ALWAYS seems to be an issue year in and year out.

Absolutely not. We need depth just we had during the SB years.

Jim McNally along with Kugler's input is going to make the O'line sign in '07. I gotta believe that both McNally and Kugler have film coming out of their ears by now and know exactly how they want to mold and develop this line in '07.