Turner Visit Postponed

JoeF

If he does sign with Tennessee it is probably for the best. I have a feeling the picks and contract will not equal a good value for the Titans if the deal gets done this week, so I'm glad it would get taken care of before Marv would get a chance to be tempted to give up too much.

I like Turner a lot, but I don't think he is going to be a good value, so liking him a lot means about as much as liking Peyton Manning.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like BS to me. What are "flight issues"? they could be one of a few things:

1-Weather: implausable, the radar around tennessee is totally clear.

2-Airline mishap: possible but unlikely.

3-"my agent thinks he can sqeeze some more juice out of these guys":LIKELY

4-"if we miss the flight itll look like something is getting done sot hat when I do get to buffalo theres a sense of urgency and depseration on their behalf"-MORE LIKELY

Yeah, because flight issues never happen; clearly Turner hates Buffalo 0:)

The things is that it is not only up to Turner. The Chargers have just as much say in where he ends up. With the Bills having higher draft picks, I woud think the Bills are in the this race as long as they want to be -- flight issues be damned.

Unless, of course, the Titans decided to bite the bullet and are willing to give up their 1st and 3rd to sign Turner to a contract, thereby forgoing trade talks with San Diego altogether.

Unless, of course, the Titans decided to bite the bullet and are willing to give up their 1st and 3rd to sign Turner to a contract, thereby forgoing trade talks with San Diego altogether.

Sirius was reporting today thta the asking price for Turner is a 2nd and a 3rd.

Sounds like the Bills had better get busy before it is to late. Lynch doesn't compare with Turner and based on what I hear the Bills could land Turner by swaping 1st round picks and sending the Chargers the Bills 2nd which would be a pretty good deal in that the Bills end up with two players rated inside the top 30 instead of just 1.

No way is any 2nd round back in this draft in the class of Turner.

Sounds like the Bills had better get busy before it is to late. Lynch doesn't compare with Turner and based on what I hear the Bills could land Turner by swaping 1st round picks and sending the Chargers the Bills 2nd which would be a pretty good deal in that the Bills end up with two players rated inside the top 30 instead of just 1.

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up 0:)

Welcome to the board. Your stellar first post may qualify you for immediate entry into the Legion of Sports Ignorami (LSI). The title of "Cadet" is already taken, but I'm sure we could find you a suitable rank.

...That was uncalled for, Dean!

...sorry, sorry...

So its official. Not many players want to play for Buffalo.

I would not say that , it is clear that the Titans want to wrap up their RB situation and are moving to do so. The Bills could push a little as well. When you look at this draft class of RB and the F.A. Turner is clearly the best option that does not involve a top 5 draft pick.

Flight issues??!!! He couldn't grab a later flight or one tomorrow? Forget about it, this deal is done. I'm thinking that Tennessee coughed up their 1st rder and AJ knew that he wasn't going to better this deal so he took it. It's probably best not to show too much disappointment and give those snug Chargers their jollies.

Welcome to the board. Your stellar first post may qualify you for immediate entry into the Legion of Sports Ignorami (LSI). The title of "Cadet" is already taken, but I'm sure we could find you a suitable rank.

...sorry, sorry...

Thank you ...I think.

Sounds like BS to me. What are "flight issues"? they could be one of a few things:

1-Weather: implausable, the radar around tennessee is totally clear.

depseration on their behalf"-MORE LIKELY

And the Northeast is picture calm today weatherwise that hasn't impacted air travel.

# Due to WEATHER/LOW CIGS/VIS/WIND, departure traffic destined to General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport, Boston, MA (BOS) is currently experiencing delays averaging 59 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/WIND, departure traffic destined to CYUL airport is currently experiencing delays averaging 46 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/WIND/LOW VIS, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) is currently experiencing delays averaging 2 hours and 38 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/LOW CIGS/VIS, departure traffic destined to John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 32 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/LOW CIGS, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) is currently experiencing delays averaging 2 hours and 25 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/WIND, departure traffic destined to Chicago OHare International Airport, Chicago, IL (ORD) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 5 minutes.

# Due to WEATHER/LOW CIGS, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 50 minutes.

...sorry, sorry...

that's classic

I vote "starship trooper, 2nd class"

Flight issues??!!! He couldn't grab a later flight or one tomorrow? Forget about it, this deal is done. I'm thinking that Tennessee coughed up their 1st rder and AJ knew that he wasn't going to better this deal so he took it. It's probably best not to show too much disappointment and give those snug Chargers their jollies.

You are probably correct (and you're definitely correct re: the flight), BUT...it's possible they are close and Tenny asked for another day of face-to-face negotiations (and wining and dining, etc) to keep him away from Buffalo while they hammer out a deal. (I assume Turner is still in Tenn.)

And the Northeast is picture calm today weatherwise that hasn't impacted air travel.

It isn't the weather it is that the Bolts and the Titians are close to working out a deal. Here is a link that has a lot of information on the Turner trade and a lot of draft information.

Yeah, because flight issues never happen; clearly Turner hates Buffalo 0:)

While I tend to agree, I gathered from the report that Turner was in no hurry to get to Buffalo, saying he'd wait about a week or so to reschedule his flight. Remember that to a certain extent, time is a factor -- as Turner will only remain a free agent for another couple weeks before he becomes the sole possession of the Chargers -- and then is at the mercy of whatever trade partner they find. Of course, he could also say screw it at that point, sit on the bench for most of 2007 -- and still collect over $2 M from the Chargers in the process, before becoming an UFA in 2008. Thus, the Chargers too would love to avoid letting the clock tick too long for that reason. The Bills are probably in no great hurry, because they would love nothing better than to wait until draft day to see who is still on the board when thye pick 12th.

All of this tells me that something is going down with the Titans -- and either the Titans have agreed to offer more in compensation than the Bills have said they'd be willing to dish out, Marv is dragging his feet hoping to wait until draft day, or the Titans are actually willing to give up their 1st and 3rd round picks by signing Turner to an offer sheet. I doubt the latter, because I think we would have heard about that by now if it were the case.

Oh my god, we were wrong all along.

Michael Turner isn't another Lamont Jordan.

He's another Corey Dillon! I mean, look at the similarities:

Turner was coming to Buffalo and his flight got delayed.

Dillon was going to Tennessee and his flight got delayed.

Turner was a backup running back.

Dillon was a backup running back.

Turner had blue in his uniform.

Dillon had blue in his uniform.

Turner is an unproven starter in the NFL.

Dillon is an unproven starter in the CFL.

Coincidence?

0:)

It isn't the weather it is that the Bolts and the Titians are close to working out a deal. Here is a link that has a lot of information on the Turner trade and a lot of draft information.

Looks like you're a Chargers' fan. Well, no offense to you but tell AJ what he can do with Turner and I do hope that the name Turner the Burner still applies.