Turner Visit Postponed

JoeF

It isn't the weather it is that the Bolts and the Titians are close to working out a deal. Here is a link that has a lot of information on the Turner trade and a lot of draft information.

Yup, the quote from Reinfeldt really seals your position:

"I think it is more a matter of logistics," Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said of Dillon's visit, which was scheduled for today. "I don't think it has anything to do with Turner at all."

The Titans clearly have a strong interest in Turner, who's considered one of the NFL's most valuable backups.

Reinfeldt said the Titans had some "general discussions" with Turner's agent, Bus Cook, about a contract. The GM said he's also discussed draft pick compensation with the Chargers.

"I really don't have an indicator of how it is all going to come out," Reinfeldt said.

Turner, who also will visit Buffalo, rushed for 502 yards and two touchdowns last season while playing behind NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I tend to agree, I gathered from the report that Turner was in no hurry to get to Buffalo, saying he'd wait about a week or so to reschedule his flight. Remember that to a certain extent, time is a factor -- as Turner will only remain a free agent for another couple weeks before he becomes the sole possession of the Chargers -- and then is at the mercy of whatever trade partner they find. Of course, he could also say screw it at that point, sit on the bench for most of 2007 -- and still collect over $2 M from the Chargers in the process, before becoming an UFA in 2008. Thus, the Chargers too would love to avoid letting the clock tick too long for that reason. The Bills are probably in no great hurry, because they would love nothing better than to wait until draft day to see who is still on the board when thye pick 12th.

All of this tells me that something is going down with the Titans -- and either the Titans have agreed to offer more in compensation than the Bills have said they'd be willing to dish out, Marv is dragging his feet hoping to wait until draft day, or the Titans are actually willing to give up their 1st and 3rd round picks by signing Turner to an offer sheet. I doubt the latter, because I think we would have heard about that by now if it were the case.

The difference in the amount of money Turner would make is huge. You can bet that if Turner fails to reach a contract with Tennessee he wil be on the next flight to Buffalo. That said I doubt that he fails to land a contract with the Titans his agent and the Titans club have had long ties as he is also former Titian QB Steve McNairs agent.

It isn't the weather it is that the Bolts and the Titians are close to working out a deal. Here is a link that has a lot of information on the Turner trade and a lot of draft information.

So tell me something: how do you go from "the Titans began exploring what it might take to land the restricted free agent" and turn it into "the Titans are close to working out a deal"???

Who are you? Drew Rosenhaus? Are you making pretend phonecalls while you're typing?

AHA -- the real story...

BREAKING NEWS: TURNER HELD HOSTAGE BY INSANE BILLS FAN

CNN has learned that San Diego Chargers Restricted Free Agent Running Back Michael Turner is being held at gunpoint at the O'Hare Airport Embassy Suites Hotel. Turner, scheduled to visit Buffalo today to meet with officials from the National Football League's Buffalo Bills, apparently awoke to an unexpected room service knock on his hotel room door this morning at about 7 AM. The room service attendant, however, was an imposter. A rabid Bills fan who did not want Turner to visit and potentially agree to a deal to play with the Buffalo Bills. The armed assailant refused to let Turner exit and now some 10 hours later still holds the running back hostage.

There is no confirmation of the assailant's identity. The only information is a strange code name, LSI@TBD.

Turner was forced to overnight in Chicago last night after a connecting flight to Buffalo was cancelled.

Stay tuned to CNN for further updates..and pray, yes pray for Michael Turner.

Now back to Buffalo Bills fan, Wolf Blitzer....

So tell me something: how do you go from "the Titans began exploring what it might take to land the restricted free agent" and turn it into "the Titans are close to working out a deal"???

Who are you? Drew Rosenhaus? Are you making pretend phonecalls while you're typing?

The Titians and the Bills have been the top two teams in the Turner sweepstakes the past week. If you like follow the link from here on Turner The Charger fans have a bit of a interest in the trade. 0:)

Forget RMANCIL, he's a troll from the dark side. Koufax is over there making an idiot out of himself. I checked out the Chargers' message board and I found this article. It's strange that it contradicts everything that has so far been reported. Tell me what you make of it.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/04/tu...o-running-back/

The Titians and the Bills have been the top two teams in the Turner sweepstakes the past week. If you like follow the link from here on Turner The Charger fans have a bit of a interest in the trade. 0:)

Thanks for the obvious, Sparky. I've been following this every bit as much as the next Bills fan. That wasn't my question. Revisit my question and then answer it. Or not.

Thanks for the obvious, Sparky. I've been following this every bit as much as the next Bills fan. That wasn't my question. Revisit my question and then answer it. Or not.

Ok friend , the Titians clearly were interested in Turner and flew him in, after the sit down with Turner and talks with the Turners agent who was quoted as saying the ball is now in the Chargers camp after the interview was completed. Now after last night the Titians are back in negotiations with Turner. Of course you could read the blow by blow if you wanted to invest 10 minutes of your time.

That is up to you.

He's too busy over on my post about RBs, trying to smear Lynch. Doesn't he sound like a used car salesman?

Its Easter weekend. Forgot about that. Its actually plausible that Turner has family obligations that will push the visit to next week. I think this thing goes til draft day....

hey somebody who actually has the ability to not be friggin paranoid and negative when something doesn't happen exactly and smoothluy as reported.

He's too busy over on my post about RBs, trying to smear Lynch. Doesn't he sound like a used car salesman?

You folks sure are a friendly bunch. I study the draft a great deal . I am sorry if Lynch is your brother or cousin no offense was meant. With the Pac man Jones situation teams are trying to steer clear of problems take it for whats it is worth.

Forget RMANCIL, he's a troll from the dark side. Koufax is over there making an idiot out of himself. I checked out the Chargers' message board and I found this article. It's strange that it contradicts everything that has so far been reported. Tell me what you make of it.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/04/tu...o-running-back/

?????????????????????????????????????

Either Dan Benton is REALLY connected and knows the inside scoop (like our new friend and draft expert, RMANCIL, who has shared such wondrous insights here today) OR he just made a total ass out of himself (much like our new friend and draft...)

Either Dan Benton is REALLY connected and knows the inside scoop (like our new friend and draft expert, RMANCIL, who has shared such wondrous insights here today) OR he just made a total ass out of himself (much like our new friend and draft...)

Do you have any takes or do you stay busy trying to be witty?

well then according to your post, Dan Benton=TOTAL ASS

there's no way he came to buffalo if for no other reason, than for this one: bbills.com didn't put anything up about it. they always have an article when free agents visit.

Do you have any takes or do you stay busy trying to be witty?

i for one found his wit to be funny. not necessarily cause i thought it was true, just cause it was witty.

and since you're obviously a fan of rome:

WAR michael turner in a bills uni

WAR the bills having as good a chance of drafting AP as they do Calvin Johnson

WAR the dean's wit

WAR clownments22 winning the TBD smackoff 2007

LATE

well then according to your post, Dan Benton=TOTAL ASS

there's no way he came to buffalo if for no other reason, than for this one: bbills.com didn't put anything up about it. they always have an article when free agents visit.

Double-secret interview!