Sabres on Versus tonight

BB27

Big game tonight for the swords. They need to come out and show everyone what this team is about. A good game and victory over the pens would silence some critics out there.

LETS GO SABRES!

yep, we're having a few people over for it here in atlanta.

im not sure what critics you're talking about though. ive seen it agreed almost universally that the Sabres are a great team.

but a win tonight would be huge because it would mean a clinch of our division AND conference...

yep, we're having a few people over for it here in atlanta.

im not sure what critics you're talking about though. ive seen it agreed almost universally that the Sabres are a great team.

but a win tonight would be huge because it would mean a clinch of our division AND conference...

I meant some of the critics that frequent this site........... :rolleyes:

The Pens have an exciting young squad, and I realize that the last time they played each other on VS, Lemiuex had just signed a long-term deal with the city....But the Penguin-felatio by the announcers in that game was brutal. Bordering on Patrick/Maguire/Theisman choking on Patriot rooster on ESPN.

I don't think it's a "no respect" thing...Generally, the VS guys are pretty upbeat about the Sabres and their style...It's just that Buffalo doesn't have that one star that transcends the game....Even when the Sabres were slapping around Philly last year, the announcers would sweat Forsberg bad....

The Pens have an exciting young squad, and I realize that the last time they played each other on VS, Lemiuex had just signed a long-term deal with the city....But the Penguin-felatio by the announcers in that game was brutal. Bordering on Patrick/Maguire/Theisman choking on Patriot rooster on ESPN.

I don't think it's a "no respect" thing...Generally, the VS guys are pretty upbeat about the Sabres and their style...It's just that Buffalo doesn't have that one star that transcends the game....Even when the Sabres were slapping around Philly last year, the announcers would sweat Forsberg bad....

They're not glamorous. But they should be. Most goals in the league, most points in the league.

They're not glamorous. But they should be. Most goals in the league, most points in the league.

True.

IMO, I think it because BFLO is not "truly" dominating... Kinda damn if you do, damn if you don't... Just when they do look awesome... They then play "flat"... They do have all the best's standingswise... But, they just let too many teams "hang with them."

I think that is what frightens off the experts from truly getting excited...

??

A big difference between the Sabres of this year compared to last is that they don't seem to get as many breakaways anymore. Coming back from the lockout, teams weren't expecting the Sabres to be very good. Now teams play up to the Sabres. And the Sabres do their share of playing down to opponents!

Beating Jersey last week was important as Jersey has been able to hang withe Sabres. The Habs and the Senators are also competitive. But the Penguins are dangerous. The Pens have so much young talent. If the Sabres can get on the board first and not take stupid penalties they might win. The Sabres also have to stop leaving Miller out to dry. The Penguins could win it all.

Can the Sabres put away a quality opponent when they need to?

If the Sabres win tonight, they clinch the Northeast Division, AND the #1 overall seed in the East!

Get it done tonight and we can rest Miller and other weary players and get tuned up for the playoffs!!

Great win for the Sabres....now, after beating the Penguins, they have 109 points on the season.

I know it likely doesn't mean much to them, but, two more points in their last three games, would put them a point ahead of their record last season. With games against non-playoff teams Boston, Washington and Philadelphia, you would think that wouldn't be too tall an order!

Five points in their last 3 games would give them 114 points, and would put them one point of the best point total in franchise history. The 1974-75 team finished with 113 points. Of course, IIRC, they only played an 80 game season (or was it 78?) and they didn't have the five minute OT, or the shootout...

Great win for the Sabres....now, after beating the Penguins, they have 109 points on the season.

I know it likely doesn't mean much to them, but, two more points in their last three games, would put them a point ahead of their record last season. With games against non-playoff teams Boston, Washington and Philadelphia, you would think that wouldn't be too tall an order!

Five points in their last 3 games would give them 114 points, and would put them one point of the best point total in franchise history. The 1974-75 team finished with 113 points. Of course, IIRC, they only played an 80 game season (or was it 78?) and they didn't have the five minute OT, or the shootout...

True, but if you're looking for things to discount an accomplishment, you also could look at the '75 team playing 8 games against expansion teams created from the dregs of the league which would truly have had trouble beating the Habs farm team. And while this year's team gets 4 vs. Filly, they don't get 4 each against a handful of horrible teams (1 of which that '75 team tied twice, go figure). But that '75 team WAS a great one. It tied for the league lead in points and made it to the Finals. And you are right, it was 80 games.

I wouldn't discount this team's accomplishments too readily. Nor would I praise them too much until we see how the post-season has gone. But it has been 1 heck of a ride.

Eeastern Conference regular season champs. Like the sound of that.

Now let's see if they can bag the President's Trophy.

Eeastern Conference regular season champs. Like the sound of that.

Now let's see if they can bag the President's Trophy.

Wire-to-wire champs is extremely impressive.

The Prez's Trophy would be nice, but I'd say give Conklin two out of the last three games. Buffalo plays Boston, Washington, and Philly- not exactly the league powerhouses. Give Miller a little rest, let Conklin sharpen up in case the unthinkable happens during the playoffs, and lets see where the chips fall. It's hard to believe how long the season really is...Over two months left, hopefully!

The Prez's Trophy would be nice, but I'd say give Conklin two out of the last three games. Buffalo plays Boston, Washington, and Philly- not exactly the league powerhouses. Give Miller a little rest, let Conklin sharpen up in case the unthinkable happens during the playoffs, and lets see where the chips fall. It's hard to believe how long the season really is...Over two months left, hopefully!

Detroits last 4 games CLB CLB CHI CHI...IMO they would have about 90 points in the Sabres division...24 games vs Chicago St Louise and Columbus is a joke...

Without question.

I watched the game in a bar in St Augustine Beach last night. I sat between a Ranger fan and a Bruin fan (poor stupid bastards) they were both amazed by the Sabres' passing skills. They were really in awe.

The boys were flying last night...when they weren't sitting in the penalty box. Real good win.

Without question.

I watched the game in a bar in St Augustine Beach last night. I sat between a Ranger fan and a Bruin fan (poor stupid bastards) they were both amazed by the Sabres' passing skills. They were really in awe.

The boys were flying last night...when they weren't sitting in the penalty box. Real good win.

Yeah, but the PP kill was actually quite good, and we had a ton of penalties.