"The Sopranos" Final Season Thread

One of the greatest shows ever to grace the TV screen kicks off its final stretch of 9 episodes this Sunday at 9:00 on HBO. We, of course, need a proper thread to discuss all the shiznit that is sure to go down.

Set your TIVOs because you really don't want to miss it and because I will make fun of you incessantly for being devoid of anything worthwhile at all and we all know that my judgment of your cool factor pretty much makes or breaks your cred :(:)

Will Tony kick the bucket? Or will it be A.J. or that hotass Meadow or Carmela? Or none of the above? Will we see the ducks make an appearance in the pool again like in the pilot episode?

Talk amongst yourselves....

NOTE: Do me and others a favor and say SPOILER if you reveal something big about an episode that has yet to be aired. Or better yet, don't post it at all :blink: Anyone can go hunt them down on the internet but I know I prefer to be kept in the dark as long as possible and I'm sure others do as well. Thanks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the greatest shows ever to grace the TV screen kicks off its final stretch of 9 episodes this Sunday at 9:00 on HBO. We, of course, need a proper thread to discuss all the shiznit that is sure to go down.

Set your TIVOs because you really don't want to miss it and because I will make fun of you incessantly for being devoid of anything worthwhile at all and we all know that my judgment of your cool factor pretty much makes or breaks your cred :D<_<

Will Tony kick the bucket? Or will it be A.J. or that hotass Meadow or Carmela? Or none of the above? Will we see the ducks make an appearance in the pool again like in the pilot episode?

Talk amongst yourselves....

NOTE: Do me and others a favor and say SPOILER if you reveal something big about an episode that has yet to be aired. Or better yet, don't post it at all :) Anyone can go hunt them down on the internet but I know I prefer to be kept in the dark as long as possible and I'm sure others do as well. Thanks.

DEADWOOD---produced by a Buffalo guy...was just as good as The sopranos----but the dialogue was too intelligent for the american public...-got cabcelled after 2 or 3 seasons

My guess is the Shakespearean ending and everyone dies.

My guess is the Shakespearean ending and everyone dies.

I don't think it's going to be that obvious. Someone is going to die, but I don't think it's going to go out straight tragedy style. The Sopranos has never done anything by the book and I don't think it's going to go out in a kind of standard rote style. There will be a lot of loose ends; I don't think every subplot is going to be played out and wrapped up. There is obviously going to be some kind of climatic happening between Tony and AJ but other than that I don't think it's very predictable what is going to happen.

I don't think it's going to be that obvious. Someone is going to die, but I don't think it's going to go out straight tragedy style. The Sopranos has never done anything by the book and I don't think it's going to go out in a kind of standard rote style. There will be a lot of loose ends; I don't think every subplot is going to be played out and wrapped up. There is obviously going to be some kind of climatic happening between Tony and AJ but other than that I don't think it's very predictable what is going to happen.

There are movies and possible furure specials/shows. Tony and most of the characters will NOT get killed off. Can you imagine the movie money they could make????--It would be like Star Trek.

I would put the sopranos and deadwood up with NORTHERN EXPOSURE as shows i would never want to miss.

Not sure if you are aware, but David Chase, was the producer for Nortern Exposure as well...I liked "Deadwood" an awful lot, but nothing comes close to "The Sopranos".

Honestly, I think people watch it for different reasons. Some are disappointed, but it never has disappointed me at all. I am so glad that Chase does not succumb to the clamorings of the public, and stays true to his vision for the show, and keeps the characters intact. Tony Soprano is one of the greatest tv characters ever, and James Gandolfini (who I expect will never find another role close to this in his career) is just fugging amazing as that character. I am going to miss this show, like no other. I think it is the only show I have wathced on tv, in years, where I had to see each new episode on its' first airing...at its' best, the show sends actual shivers down my spine...

I too agree that it is one of the BEST show ever to air TV. So, if so many are in agreement, then why do they cancel after only 7 seasons? This could be a dynasty like no other (Dallas???) So why stop while the flame is HOT? <_<

Them's fightin words!

Have at you, villianous vermin!

EN GARDE!!! :swashbuckler:

:pulls out pistol:

fires directly into the centerpoint of vegan terror's forehead

thunk, vegan terror is dead before he hits the floor

The world rejoices, all is well!!!!! All is well!!!

:/pulls out pistol:

Not that anyone cares, but I've seen the first episode of the season......look around you'll find it. A bit underwhelming, but one really interesting event occurs that will definately have ramifications.

Doc, if you could send me an PM I would love to see it. I am going to be flying during the episode. Please let me know where I can get it. Thanks.

:pulls out pistol:

fires directly into the centerpoint of vegan terror's forehead

thunk, vegan terror is dead before he hits the floor

The world rejoices, all is well!!!!! All is well!!!

:/pulls out pistol:

:laughs at the role playing:

Err.... wait.... :rolleyes:

I just learned this last night... Silvio (Steven Van Zandt) is actually a guitarist for Bruce Springsteen. I'm sure everyone else knows this and I'm the exception... but I thought this was cool.