Ralph to Marv, Jauron and Overdorf

JoeF

Does this whole scenario seem unlikely to anyone else?

Absolutely.......I was thinking the same thing.

Can we call BS on this one? I guess not because he is a 'professional' writer......they never make things up.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. If Willis is gone before we pick then we need to beef up the DTs. Carriker is everything that Akoye is plus more. We need someone who can tie up the middle and take on two blockers.

Carriker is a DE. He might possess great size and strength, but he doesn't have the same kind of speed Okoye has. For my money, the best way to solve the opponent's running game this season and into the future is Okoye. If he's gone, and might well be, then P. Willis is the way to go. Carriker is a large DE that doesn't fit for us right now. Unless he's going to make the jump to DT, and then we have a project on our hands.

From Peter King's 10 things I think I think summary of the Owner's meeting...

5. I think this is my Leftover Scene of the Week from the league meetings: Wednesday morning, around 8:50, just off the back of the lobby, sat a cadre of Buffalo Bills braintrust -- owner Ralph Wilson, GM Marv Levy, coach Dick Jauron, and vice president of business administration Jim Overdorf. "We've got to be able to stop the run,'' Wilson said to the group as I walked past. "Are we going to be able to stop the run?'' I didn't wait to hear the reply, but I thought if I were Jauron, I wouldn't say no

I think we know where the owner's priority is.....the front Seven...

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...01/china/3.html

Maybe Since Peter didnt stick around for the reply he failed to hear " Hey do you think Peter heard that loud enough? Now lets talk about our real plans :-)"

5. I think this is my Leftover Scene of the Week from the league meetings: Wednesday morning, around 8:50, just off the back of the lobby, sat a cadre of Buffalo Bills braintrust -- owner Ralph Wilson, GM Marv Levy, coach Dick Jauron, and vice president of business administration Jim Overdorf. "We've got to be able to stop the run,'' Wilson said to the group as I walked past. "Are we going to be able to stop the run?'' I didn't wait to hear the reply, but I thought if I were Jauron, I wouldn't say no

You know, I've written some nasty things about Ralph, but one thing I have to say about him this offseason...he sounds serious about winning now! He has spent money (too vigorously in my opinion), and he has made it clear to Marv and Dick where to target their efforts. After last season, he has made it clear he wanted to run the football and stop the run from the very beginning. I know it seems obvious to us (and to Marv), but he has shown he wants to get it done (which he hasn't always done in the past). The old man is still lucid and has all his marbles straight. Nobody should make jokes about the old man's clarity of mind anymore especially that circus of a sport's station.

Carriker is a DE. He might possess great size and strength, but he doesn't have the same kind of speed Okoye has. For my money, the best way to solve the opponent's running game this season and into the future is Okoye. If he's gone, and might well be, then P. Willis is the way to go. Carriker is a large DE that doesn't fit for us right now. Unless he's going to make the jump to DT, and then we have a project on our hands.

What are you talking about??? Carriker is bigger and faster than Okoye. He can play anywheres across the D-line. I like his versatility, he'll be able to be used in various ways. Based on what team drafts him will determine if he's going to be a DE or DT. He's being compared to Richard Seymour, not a bad player to have wouldn't you say?

Here, compare for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/carriker_adam

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/okoye_amobi

I really hope it didn't take our 85 year old owner pointing it out for our team leadership to realize this...

Somehow I can't picture Jauron saying 'no sh--, Sherlock'...